Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women's Game 1: Rider
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Women's Game 1: Rider
There are high expectations this season. Kei was picked preseason conference player of the year. Our dragons were picked to win the league. We also have quite a bit of unknowns. We did lose a fair amount. Amy is very high on the incoming class.

Home opener and its a big one. Plenty of interest locally with Rider. They are comin off a rough year where they went 9-21. They do return some of their higher scorers in Jessika Schiffer and Raphaela Toussaint. Toussaint is 6'0 so she could pose issues. They are an upper classmen heavy team (6 juniors and 6 seniors). They have the advantage of having played a game already. They lost to NJIT. They are picked 6th in the MAAC.

This one should be a comfortable win. Hopefully the crowd is a large one to support this team. I hope we have a crushing win and Ari stays enthusiastic about it!

Rider- 54
Drexel- 72

Oh and new video board.
11-10-2022 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

RE: Women's Game 1: Rider
I won't be going tonight and will be watching on the couch with Aunt Flo tonight.

Hopefully, they'll have a return game to Rider next season so I can watch the Dragons play on Rider's campus while my daughter is still a student there.
11-10-2022 08:19 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

Nice dominant win tonight over Rider on opening night, 84-58. What we saw tonight is the veteran Keishana doing what Keishana does, dropping in 34. And we got to seem some of the freshman get starts and contribute. Kylie Lavelle scored 20 in her Drexel debut and Grace O'Neill scored 9 in her debut. Every available player got into the game as well.

Something I noticed while watching on TV tonight was the different look of the DAC from a lighting perspective. Before, with the old lights, the entire building was equally lit, and we used to see these ugly reflections of the lights on the floor which looked terrible on TV. Tonight, it looked like the lighting was focused on the game floor while the seating areas were much darker. I also liked how they turned down the lights and had spotlights during the introductions like you see at most college games. Looking forward to seeing it all in person for the first time tomorrow night.
11-10-2022 08:05 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Pictures I saw looked good, for sure. Much more normal/professional looking. So job well done. I think it was stated before that the lighting was expected to focus on the floor, so that is not a surprise.

Great to see the team come out and dominate. I know Rider isnt good, but it is still good to see us take care of business against teams like that. If Lavelle's performance last night doesnt get people excited, not sure anything will. This was a great tone setting game for the season.
11-11-2022 07:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.