Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Thread - week 9 cfb
Bookmark and Share
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
Exclamation Open Thread - week 9 cfb
It's Ohio State-Penn State week in the Big Ten!

Michigan has to come to Columbus so this should be Ohio State's toughest road game of the season and OSU's toughest game of the season to date.

Illinois goes to Nebraska as they try to stay in first place in the Big Ten West as well as ranked in the polls and I can keep my signature of Illinois being with the Big Three (it's the Big Four now!)

For those of you not watching the World Series, you have the Battle of Michigan on ABC.

Finally you have Rutgers at Minnesota and Northwestern at Iowa ... hey maybe you like defense?
10-28-2022 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
RE: Open Thread - week 9 cfb
Can we fast forward to November 26 in Columbus?

I realize the East/West divisions likely will go away but if Penn State ever plays both Ohio State and Michigan in the same season, my thoughts on how it should be scheduled...

Ohio State at home, Michigan away - Ohio State should be first. If Michigan is first, PSU/OSU loses meaning. You want PSU/OSU to be a battle between two undefeated teams. Now you don't want it too early, a game between 3-0 vs. 3-0 isn't that exciting. I'd say mid October or early November although it would be tough for Penn State to play both Ohio State and Michigan in November. Should Penn State beat Ohio State, Penn State/Michigan would be huge although Penn State hasn't beaten OSU often lately.

Michigan at home, Ohio State away - Michigan should be first. If Ohio State is first, Mich/PSU loses meaning. Penn State hasn't had much success vs. Ohio State, home or away, lately, but has done fairly well vs. Michigan recently (won in 2017, 2019, and 2020). In 2019, Penn State and Ohio State didn't play until late November, Ohio State was undefeated and Penn State lost just once, to Minnesota. The game was essentially for the Big Ten East.
10-29-2022 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.