Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU at Louisville Nov 5 2022 7:30 PM ESPNU
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Just saw a notice on JMU Sports that the game at Louisville on Nov 5 is scheduled for a 7:30 PM kickoff. For those of us who be be unable to attend the game will be televised on ESPNU

https://jmusports.com/news/2022/10/24/fo...espnu.aspx

Go Dukes!!

Brian
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022 05:06 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
10-24-2022 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
RE: JMU at Louisville Nov 5 2022
If this is the game thread, would be nice to add the time and channel to the thread title also.

This game will be a huge challenge, even if TC is starting. Louisville is a decent team this year.

1 point loss to BC, 4 point loss to FSU. They would be 6-1 if they had won those two games. Wins over UCF, USF, UVA and Pitt. Only big loss was the opener to Syracuse.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022 04:46 PM by JMURocks.)
10-24-2022 04:41 PM
hburg Offline

RE: JMU at Louisville Nov 5 2022
Regardless of the last two weeks. JMU will win this game, even if Atkins is the QB. Bold statement I know. But feelin' it.
10-24-2022 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

RE: JMU at Louisville Nov 5 2022 7:30 PM ESPNU
JMURocks

Your wish is my command!!

Brian
10-24-2022 05:06 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I hope you're right hburg! I think we win with Toddy, lose by a ton with Atkins.
10-24-2022 05:35 PM
JMaddy Offline
All American

(10-24-2022 04:41 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  If this is the game thread, would be nice to add the time and channel to the thread title also.

This game will be a huge challenge, even if TC is starting. Louisville is a decent team this year.

1 point loss to BC, 4 point loss to FSU. They would be 6-1 if they had won those two games. Wins over UCF, USF, UVA and Pitt. Only big loss was the opener to Syracuse.

I'm not sure how to read Louisville. They played FSU tough, but losing to BC is pretty bad (BC got torched by VT and their only other win was vs Maine). Of their wins only Pitt and UCF are 'quality' and I'm not sure about UCF either as they won handily against some crap teams but lost to the only good teams they faced so far.
10-24-2022 05:41 PM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-24-2022 05:41 PM)JMaddy Wrote:  
(10-24-2022 04:41 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  If this is the game thread, would be nice to add the time and channel to the thread title also.

I'm not sure how to read Louisville. They played FSU tough, but losing to BC is pretty bad (BC got torched by VT and their only other win was vs Maine). Of their wins only Pitt and UCF are 'quality' and I'm not sure about UCF either as they won handily against some crap teams but lost to the only good teams they faced so far.

Arguably, someone could say the same about us, and probably 85% of FBS teams. Even ranked teams outside the top 10 have flaws in their resume.

Losing a FBS game by less than one score is often a coin flip thing almost. We've seen it with App St vs UNC and JMU vs Georgia Southern this year. Both games were super close and could have gone either way.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022 05:57 PM by JMURocks.)
10-24-2022 05:50 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

If our game plan is to stop Cunningham, who is the majority of the team's talent, then we will win. I hated our first bye before App for all the reasons that materialized on the field in the first half of that game. I am loving this bye. We are beat up and need to heal. I believe we will come out with something to prove and we will prove it. We belong!

Malik threw for a pedestrian 122 yards against Pitt, less than 50% (10 for 21), 2 TDs and a pick. He ran/scrambled 9 times for 46 yards. Take away the 30-yard run and he was 8 totes for 16 yards. If we stuff him on the ground and force him to pass, wonderful things will ensue. It will become The Sack and Pick Show. I pity the fool!

Go, Dukes! Get healthy, then kick 'dey ass!
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022 05:53 PM by Purple.)
10-24-2022 05:52 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Cunningham is a Lamar Jackson protege and lethal with his legs while being good enough with his arm. If the Dukes don’t overplay him and don’t spy him it will get ugly. You have to stop his running first second and third. Make the Cards win lefthanded. I don’t care if a RB gets 150 yards or Cunningham throws for 400 yards. Just don’t let him run for 200 yards and kill the defense on scrambles and read option keepers.

If any JMU defenders are going to look foolish this year, it will be trying to tackle him in space. He is lightning fast and has jukes, jiggles, wiggles and more to make you miss.
But he is not stout so if you can ever manage to lay a shot on him, he may crumble. That is the problem though… he is so elusive the defense rarely gets a clean hit on him.

This is the game I have been waiting for all year to see how JMU stacks up against P5 talent. If some of the injured starters don’t come back it is probably too much to overcome. If TC and a few more starters are back, then this could be upset city and another launching pad for the program.

Being on ESPNU is a nice benefit to get more exposure for the program.
10-24-2022 08:18 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2022 08:18 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Cunningham is a Lamar Jackson protege and lethal with his legs while being good enough with his arm. If the Dukes don’t overplay him and don’t spy him it will get ugly. You have to stop his running first second and third. Make the Cards win lefthanded. I don’t care if a RB gets 150 yards or Cunningham throws for 400 yards. Just don’t let him run for 200 yards and kill the defense on scrambles and read option keepers.

If any JMU defenders are going to look foolish this year, it will be trying to tackle him in space. He is lightning fast and has jukes, jiggles, wiggles and more to make you miss.
But he is not stout so if you can ever manage to lay a shot on him, he may crumble. That is the problem though… he is so elusive the defense rarely gets a clean hit on him.

This is the game I have been waiting for all year to see how JMU stacks up against P5 talent. If some of the injured starters don’t come back it is probably too much to overcome. If TC and a few more starters are back, then this could be upset city and another launching pad for the program.

Being on ESPNU is a nice benefit to get more exposure for the program.

That is very much how I see it. I am not at all afraid of Cunningham's arm. We need to shut down his run game and force him to pass. I believe we can do that.
10-24-2022 09:11 PM
84Breeze Offline
Special Teams

Excited for this game, especially with the TV situation. Hopefully we get some players back from injury (mainly TC) and we make it a game. Would be a great win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-24-2022 10:43 PM
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Feeling nowhere near as confident about this game as I was a few weeks ago.
I don't doubt that the team will be ready to go, but I'm not convinced we'll get key pieces back by then.
Even if Centeio starts and we get the Wyatt back on the line I feel like our offense has been shown they can be beat. Our defense has been solid, but they are going to need our offense to limit turnovers.
I am looking forward to watching this game as it's going to set the stage for the rest of this season. A win would be huge.
10-25-2022 07:03 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2022 05:35 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  I hope you're right hburg! I think we win with Toddy, lose by a ton with Atkins.

Agreed.....with Toddy I think this game is 50/50%........without Toddy I think it is like 10/90%
10-25-2022 07:14 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

These Malik Cunningham highlights are going to keep Cig up at night until gameday. Easily the best running QB in the nation and has started for 5 years.
At times he will make good defenders look silly.
Even with a spy you may have trouble containing his scramble.

Wow 20 rushing TD’s last year.
Cut the head off the snake and make somebody else beat you. He is just too potent to play base defense against him.

10-25-2022 02:27 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
ESPNU huh? Time to cancel the ESPN+ subscription since I’ll be at the three games outside of Louisville. Where can you stream ESPNU without cable or any of the bigger streaming packages?
10-25-2022 06:17 PM
James Madison Offline
Special Teams

For all those going to this game, I lived in Louisville for the past 5 years. I’ve moved away but will be coming back for this game. If anyone has any questions about the area or the trip feel free to ask here or you can pm me for my cell. I can tell you the best places to eat or drink fine bourbon
10-28-2022 06:30 PM
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

L’ville going to be heavily favored. FWIW the last time JMU lost 3 straight was Nov 2013, and MM was fired the following Monday.
10-29-2022 09:25 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

Cig will have the team ready after the bye week. Without TC it would be a huge challenge, though they have a bit more time to adjust the gameplan. They might try to simplify the system/play calls this week if Atkins is playing. If TC returns it helps tremendously.

Would be huge to get this win, a loss isn't the end of the world. I think we will finish the season strong either way. My gut says TC is not finished yet this year.
10-29-2022 10:10 AM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

With Atkins + all the other injuries = almost no chance, and would just hope JMU didn’t get steamrolled on national TV and could keep it somewhat respectable.

With TC still the underdog by close to double digits, but have a reasonable chance..
10-29-2022 11:11 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(10-29-2022 10:10 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  Cig will have the team ready after the bye week. Without TC it would be a huge challenge, though they have a bit more time to adjust the gameplan. They might try to simplify the system/play calls this week if Atkins is playing. If TC returns it helps tremendously.

Would be huge to get this win, a loss isn't the end of the world. I think we will finish the season strong either way. My gut says TC is not finished yet this year.

I believe he will as well. This team would have been ready without injuries, but with injuries this team needs rest more than anything. I was unhappy with having two bye weeks, but it turns out this bye was desperately needed.
Even if we have some injuries, this week will at least give those that are having to play time to prepare. If it is Atkins, I think he will be far more prepared this game.
TC is absolutely not done. My understanding is that the shoulder issue led to the oblique issue. He was overcompensating for his shoulder by using his obliques. Hopefully this extra time will give Todd enough time for both to heal. The oblique strain is incredibly painful and hopefully having a few weeks off will be enough.
I'm not sure this game will be any indication for the last 3 games, but a win at Louisville could certainly give this team some confidence to end the season strong.
10-29-2022 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.