Economy
10-22-2022 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Economy
The federal deficit, which increased each year under Trump, was cut in half in fiscal 2022.
10-24-2022 12:20 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2022 12:20 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  The federal deficit, which increased each year under Trump, was cut in half in fiscal 2022.
Unemployment has gone from 6.4% to 3.5% since Trump left (forced to leave) office.
10-24-2022 12:40 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(10-24-2022 12:40 PM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  
(10-24-2022 12:20 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  The federal deficit, which increased each year under Trump, was cut in half in fiscal 2022.
Unemployment has gone from 6.4% to 3.5% since Trump left (forced to leave) office.

Those two posts would be "Fake news" according to Trump and MAGAts.

Along with 2020 election results of course.
10-24-2022 12:42 PM
Advertisement

AllBronco Offline
Special Teams

(10-24-2022 12:42 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  

That's because the MAGA's are just a pack of liars. Every damn one of them.
10-24-2022 02:08 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-24-2022 02:08 PM)AllBronco Wrote:  
(10-24-2022 12:42 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  

That's because the MAGA's are just a pack of liars. Every damn one of them.

This^
10-24-2022 08:06 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

Federal Deficit SPENDING decreased from Trump COVID years.
Current administration spent $1.4 Trillion more than income. Not exactly something to be proud of.
Fourth highest deficit spending in US history and basically tied with Obama in 2009.

Federal debt still continues to be increased. I have an issue with my grandkids paying for current spending practices.
Will either party EVER balance a budget?
Right now I don’t care which one.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022 11:30 AM by okgc.)
10-25-2022 11:25 AM
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(10-25-2022 11:25 AM)okgc Wrote:  

Federal Deficit SPENDING decreased from Trump COVID years.
Current administration spent $1.4 Trillion more than income. Not exactly something to be proud of.
Fourth highest deficit spending in US history and basically tied with Obama in 2009.

Federal debt still continues to be increased. I have an issue with my grandkids paying for current spending practices.
Will either party EVER balance a budget?
Right now I don’t care which one.

No neither party will. Why people continue voting for a 2 party system is beyond me.
10-25-2022 11:43 AM
ktotten Offline
Banned

That both sidesism is such a cop out. The MAGA-GOP group insincerely cut taxes pre-COVID with no spending offsets, claiming ONCE AGAIN, that it’d “trickle down”.

The ridicule for anyone who opposed that bill of goods style of thinking was palpable.

Now you all get righteous and spin because Biden didn’t reduce deficit spending enough for your tastes.

You say you worry for your grandkids?! How do you feel about a future where they live under authoritarian rule?! FASCIST STYLE?

There’s a word for that, you know those people that do one thing but say to do anther?
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022 12:35 PM by ktotten.)
10-25-2022 12:32 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
They claim to be worried about their grandkids but are leaving them a world ripe for serious climatic changes because they've refused to do anything about it. And, they will be in serious debt because they want tax cuts for the rich (or no enforcement at all so they don't have to pay any taxes).

They're also fine with children being gunned down in schools because they don't want to be inconvenienced in any way when it comes to getting a gun. They vote for politicians taking money from organizations that want to get rid of the bump stock ban so essentially people can have machine guns. Did they forget about the shooter in Vegas or are they just that unconcerned about people's right to, you know, be alive?

Also, the kids will be lucky to not have to grow up in a theocracy.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022 03:32 PM by NIU007.)
10-25-2022 03:30 PM
Advertisement

ktotten Offline
Banned

When they're questioning the basic principal of a democracy, that our elections aren't to be trusted, free and fair, you know their goal is at the very least a Christeofascist State. We're damn close to it now with our SCOTUS.
10-25-2022 07:23 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(10-25-2022 03:30 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  They claim to be worried about their grandkids but are leaving them a world ripe for serious climatic changes because they've refused to do anything about it. And, they will be in serious debt because they want tax cuts for the rich (or no enforcement at all so they don't have to pay any taxes).

They're also fine with children being gunned down in schools because they don't want to be inconvenienced in any way when it comes to getting a gun. They vote for politicians taking money from organizations that want to get rid of the bump stock ban so essentially people can have machine guns. Did they forget about the shooter in Vegas or are they just that unconcerned about people's right to, you know, be alive?

Also, the kids will be lucky to not have to grow up in a theocracy.

Ouch. That about covers it. The whole "what about the children" thing has always been BS from the far right. Yeah, they're SO concerned about children except when they're growing up in poverty, or being molested by priests, or getting shot at school, or going hungry, or being sent off to war, or getting their school's budget slashed, or getting bullied because of their sexual preference or gender identity, or having religion forced down their throat, etc etc etc....other than that, it's all about the children!
10-25-2022 08:23 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Even IF "Brandon" was at least partially responsible for the higher food/gas prices (which he's not), I'd still opt for that over a gaggle of hard-right election deniers and conspiracy theorists running amok.

Those prices will eventually come down like they've always done in the past, gas has already been declining since July. But giving the MAGA Party more levers of government will have much longer-lasting damage.

Kari Lake, Doug Mastriano, Marjorie Taylor Greene, a lot of those CPAC speakers... they would've fit right in with the Third Reich. That's not hyperbole or exaggeration.
10-25-2022 08:56 PM
Advertisement

ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-25-2022 08:56 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Even IF "Brandon" was at least partially responsible for the higher food/gas prices (which he's not), I'd still opt for that over a gaggle of hard-right election deniers and conspiracy theorists running amok.

Those prices will eventually come down like they've always done in the past, gas has already been declining since July. But giving the MAGA Party more levers of government will have much longer-lasting damage.

Kari Lake, Doug Mastriano, Marjorie Taylor Greene, a lot of those CPAC speakers... they would've fit right in with the Third Reich. That's not hyperbole or exaggeration.

Not. One. Bit.

What's even more scary are their backers, as we've discussed before. It's gotten really charged. The parallels between Germany in the 30's and now are just unnerving.
10-25-2022 09:08 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-25-2022 09:08 PM)ktotten Wrote:  
(10-25-2022 08:56 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Even IF "Brandon" was at least partially responsible for the higher food/gas prices (which he's not), I'd still opt for that over a gaggle of hard-right election deniers and conspiracy theorists running amok.

Not. One. Bit.

What's even more scary are their backers, as we've discussed before. It's gotten really charged. The parallels between Germany in the 30's and now are just unnerving.

Just the fact that CPAC saw fit to have a conference in Hungary with Viktor Orban of all people, as a guest speaker tells you just how far off the rails they've gone. They might as well have invited Putin. The EU is basically saying Hungary is no longer a democracy. The courts are no longer independent and neither is the press. The corruption is as bad as anywhere.

Yep, very scary.
10-26-2022 07:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.