Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Table for 14, please...
Bookmark and Share
RedWolfington Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Red Wolves
Table for 14, please...
I know this has been said already, but I just have to say, our conference leadership has seriously knocked it out of the park with this expansion.
Top tier G5 programs that are fun to watch, easy to root for (when not playing stAte), and that deepen the culture with real tradition.

I was ignorant of JMU and ODU, as I just never really payed attention to CUSA, but man, just absolute gems that genuinely increase the value and interest of the conference significantly. It's truly a crime that JMU won't be eligible for a bowl game this season.

And what more can be said of USM and Marshall? I'm just glad that the AAC made the mistake of not taking you guys, because the value you bring is just outstanding. Iconic programs with deep rooted tradition and loads of history.

I had to take my mind off of how low the stAte program is right now, so I'm just thinking out loud about how stoked I am for the coming years, and the iconic games that are to come when stAte isn't... whatever it is now. Lol.
10-16-2022 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Table for 14, please...
Agreed. It’s remarkable that we have 14 solid programs with common interests aligned. We will beat up on each other, scrap and fight and argue among ourselves, but don’t mess with any of us. We will fight you as one. I could not be more pleased with the SBC right now. What a future we can have together.
10-16-2022 09:40 AM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(10-16-2022 09:40 AM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  Agreed. It’s remarkable that we have 14 solid programs with common interests aligned. We will beat up on each other, scrap and fight and argue among ourselves, but don’t mess with any of us. We will fight you as one. I could not be more pleased with the SBC right now. What a future we can have together.

It’s a very tidy, neat conference. No non-football members or football-only members. Two compact divisions of rivals with no outliers in Saskatchewan or Wyoming or somewhere. And the league is strong in football from top to bottom. There are no Northwesterns or Vanderbilts here.

I couldn’t be happier.
10-16-2022 09:46 AM
beenjamminmore Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ODU
(10-16-2022 09:46 AM)Dukes94 Wrote:  
(10-16-2022 09:40 AM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  Agreed. It’s remarkable that we have 14 solid programs with common interests aligned. We will beat up on each other, scrap and fight and argue among ourselves, but don’t mess with any of us. We will fight you as one. I could not be more pleased with the SBC right now. What a future we can have together.

It’s a very tidy, neat conference. No non-football members or football-only members. Two compact divisions of rivals with no outliers in Saskatchewan or Wyoming or somewhere. And the league is strong in football from top to bottom. There are no Northwesterns or Vanderbilts here.

I couldn’t be happier.

Agreed. The only thing which will make me happier is when the SBC elevates it's Bball programs. Football and baseball are good to go. It can be done, and will really put this conference over the top.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2022 09:54 AM by beenjamminmore.)
10-16-2022 09:54 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
I agree completely. This conference is so good. And we’re basically following the exact footprint that was laid out by the SEC with how they built that conference. Regional rivalries, great teams, passionate fans, and fun football. Hell, we’ve practically ripped off their branding. And while yes, it’s somewhat unfortunate that our last two remaining undefeated teams lost, it allows for marketing that demonstrates how tough this conference is and that we are a powerhouse Conference.

Everything is coming together. The question now is which one of us is going to finally break through and get that first New Year’s 6 bid. That’s the real competition that exists within the Sun Belt.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2022 10:10 AM by troy4ever.)
10-16-2022 10:03 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
In my way of thinking, admittedly not shared by all, the NY6 prize is just icing on the cake. If we keep doing what we're doing, that prize will come at some point in the very near future. But the real prizes are:

1. A Sun Belt Championship: if this year is like the years to come, this is going to be a prize very hard to achieve and even harder to repeat. If you can do it, then you deserve all the accolades you can get.
2. A Division Championship and a trip to the Championship game: Apparently, based on what I'm seeing so far, this needs to be the first order of business for everyone, and damned difficult to achieve. Both the East and West are dog-fights right now.
3. Dominant showing against G5 competition. A winning record every year should be the goal.
4. A noteworthy showing against the P5. This year was unusually good, but why not every year? We'll never win the majority, but winning 3-5 of these every year will keep the football world focused on our results. With ESPN as a partner, this will keep our profile high.
10-16-2022 10:51 AM
Advertisement

ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

Did somebody mention AAC? LOL.....
10-16-2022 10:56 AM
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

This is the first time I've ever been truly satisfied with my alma mater's conference affiliation. The next-closest would be the 2005-2012 version of CUSA, which while at least being a competent and geographically sensible all-sports conference, was still just a marriage of convenience to most member schools' administrations and fans.

As a fan, being in a well-run league with an actual identity and where everybody's just enjoying the moment is manna from heaven. We should've come here as soon as the AAC formed, honestly.
10-16-2022 11:21 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
In the end, we're strong enough now overall that we're going to have to tolerate weeks like this weekend when our 2 undefeated teams both lost. With a few exceptions, this league feels like anyone can beat anyone on any given day right now.

Some of us have some work to do still...
10-16-2022 11:34 AM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

What a fine 14 we are indeed. SBC-East in particular is a marvel
10-16-2022 12:30 PM
beenjamminmore Offline
2nd String

(10-16-2022 12:30 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  What a fine 14 we are indeed. SBC-East in particular is a marvel

Yes, but the West is not to be slept on. Lots of heritage with stAte, Louisiana, and newcomer USM, and the two new hot teams USA, and Troy. I particularly appreciate how Troy seemed to build from the defense up.
10-16-2022 12:40 PM
Advertisement

DoubletapWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Red Wolves and SBC

Agree completely . . We Are Family !!05-mafia

Together We Rise
10-16-2022 01:27 PM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

(10-16-2022 01:27 PM)DoubletapWolf Wrote:  

Agree completely . . We Are Family !!05-mafia

Together We Rise

I’m telling you, stAte and USM are really similar. We will fight each other on the field but stand shoulder to shoulder together off it. This is going to be a great SBC series. It is way past time that we were aligned.
10-16-2022 01:39 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
The list of recent front runners in the Sun Belt is looong.

When you do this your program enjoys solid national exposure and a bolt of energy while the hate among members grows deeper.

We're in a rivalry mill with no end in sight.

Fascinating to see these programs enjoy the experience. 04-cheers
10-16-2022 02:30 PM
McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St

I couldn’t be happier.
I do like the Canadian version of gridiron football. I would be ok with a Saskatchewan based school TBH. Otherwise the current is a grand slam and just about all I would want in a conference.
10-16-2022 02:52 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(10-16-2022 02:52 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  

I couldn’t be happier.
I do like the Canadian version of gridiron football. I would be ok with a Saskatchewan based school TBH. Otherwise the current is a grand slam and just about all I would want in a conference.

I think there is one NCAA school that is not in the US, and it’s in British Columbia.

Probably a target for CUSA.
10-16-2022 03:10 PM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

(10-16-2022 03:10 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  I think there is one NCAA school that is not in the US, and it’s in British Columbia.

That would be the D2 Simon Fraser University Red Leafs, formerly known as the Clansmen.
10-16-2022 03:38 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(10-16-2022 03:38 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(10-16-2022 03:10 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  I think there is one NCAA school that is not in the US, and it’s in British Columbia.

That would be the D2 Simon Fraser University Red Leafs, formerly known as the Clansmen.

04-jawdrop Now why in the world would they change THAT name?! 03-lmfao
10-16-2022 03:41 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(10-16-2022 03:38 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

Clansmen...wow. I know some places here in the south they would have fit right in.
10-16-2022 03:41 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bleed Blue!
(10-16-2022 09:04 AM)RedWolfington Wrote:  I know this has been said already, but I just have to say, our conference leadership has seriously knocked it out of the park with this expansion.
Top tier G5 programs that are fun to watch, easy to root for (when not playing stAte), and that deepen the culture with real tradition.

I was ignorant of JMU and ODU, as I just never really payed attention to CUSA, but man, just absolute gems that genuinely increase the value and interest of the conference significantly. It's truly a crime that JMU won't be eligible for a bowl game this season.

And what more can be said of USM and Marshall? I'm just glad that the AAC made the mistake of not taking you guys, because the value you bring is just outstanding. Iconic programs with deep rooted tradition and loads of history.

I had to take my mind off of how low the stAte program is right now, so I'm just thinking out loud about how stoked I am for the coming years, and the iconic games that are to come when stAte isn't... whatever it is now. Lol.

SBC leadership is a future case study on how to focus and succeed by building a brand that is focused on what the ticket buyer wants to see and feel. Case in point: my sister said, “I don’t care what the weather is for JMU, I will be there.” She/we attended the last JMU game in Harrisonburg and could feel the hate as we left the stadium after Heinicke did what he does.
10-16-2022 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.