UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ugh/Oof 2022?
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
MyBB Ugh/Oof 2022?
Every season in basketball when we have high expectations or are getting press, we drop a wtf? loss to a bad team or get motorboated by a barely decent team early in the schedule. Hoping we are all wrong, who’s it going to be this year?
09-24-2022 12:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

RE: Ugh/Oof 2022?
^^^
I vote for dumbest post of the year
09-24-2022 06:03 AM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2022 06:03 AM)mobileblazer Wrote:  ^^^
I vote for dumbest post of the year

Thank you for your continued interest and contributions to BlazerTalk.

And let me re-phrase the question:

Who, in the OOC portion of our schedule is a potential land mine?
09-24-2022 06:14 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
South Carolina. It’s a game we should have a full building and high energy and we probably beat them 6 out of 10 times. Reality is it will be half full and we come out flat, miss free throws and we snatch a loss from the jaws of victory.

Another good opportunity for a WTF loss is the USF game in Daytona. We find ways to screw these tourneys up.

Toledo is not bad either and could cause us trouble if we do stupid things.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2022 07:00 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
09-24-2022 06:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DuelingDragon Online
All American

Toledo is a good team that won 26 games a year ago and returns most of the squad. We will get a lot of hype from the Barstool folks and I could see guys pressing to do too much.
09-24-2022 07:28 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
Toledo and South Carolina are likely not wtf losses at this point. Losing a game or two in that garbage tournament is the most likely scenario in my mind. A loss at WVU is not unexpected in my mind, but also likely a pretty rough loss.

We need to be focused on these games that we should win. The preseason hype is great, but it also makes it easy to overlook teams. I’m hoping this squad is talented enough to get out of a lot of trouble, but there are a handful of teams ooc that will require a pretty complete game. Hopefully AK has the guys ready to go and we get through it unscathed.
09-24-2022 09:39 AM
UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

Donators
(09-24-2022 12:37 AM)blazr Wrote:  Every season in basketball when we have high expectations or are getting press, we drop a wtf? loss to a bad team or get motorboated by a barely decent team early in the schedule. Hoping we are all wrong, who’s it going to be this year?

yet it happen every year ,,we lose all 3 game at the pre season tournament
this year I am expecting us to win every game
09-24-2022 10:32 AM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I don't think we will be overmatched in any game we play this season, but I don't expect us to go undefeated. I think losing one of the tournament games OOC would be bad, or losing to South Carolina at home. Losing to a good Toledo team or WVU on the road wouldn't be a total shock, but I think we are better than both of those teams.
09-24-2022 10:56 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
We'll face a lot of one-and-done talent plus officiating bias in the Final Four, but I expect us to win both of those games as well.

Gene is back, and he's bald.
09-24-2022 11:00 AM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
We should be favored in every game OOC, but as the original question stated, we always lose at least one or two or three WTF games every year.

despite what I saw below, I do expect us to lose to WVU. I wouldn't consider that a WTF loss given it's on the road in a tough environment, and UAB almost never wins these type of games.

Like everyone else, I expect the WTF would be one or two of Toledo, a game(s) in the FL tournament, or against South Carolina at home.

We are good enough to go undefeated in the OOC, and that should be our goal. I don't think that's crazy or unrealistic, but probably won't happen.
09-24-2022 11:58 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
I think going undefeated is a rather unrealistic OOC expectation. As good as we are on paper, we still haven’t played a game together. We don’t know our rotation, and we don’t know who is going to be annoyed by their role and handle it poorly. While our OOC schedule isn’t murderer’s row, it isn’t a breeze either. I think 1 loss is exceptional, and 2 is about where I anticipate landing. Losing 3+ would be a failure in my opinion.
09-24-2022 01:15 PM
bigdunks Offline
2nd String

(09-24-2022 11:58 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  We should be favored in every game OOC, but as the original question stated, we always lose at least one or two or three WTF games every year.

despite what I saw below, I do expect us to lose to WVU. I wouldn't consider that a WTF loss given it's on the road in a tough environment, and UAB almost never wins these type of games.

Like everyone else, I expect the WTF would be one or two of Toledo, a game(s) in the FL tournament, or against South Carolina at home.

We are good enough to go undefeated in the OOC, and that should be our goal. I don't think that's crazy or unrealistic, but probably won't happen.
I don't see UAB being favored in every OOC game. Michael Ertel and Quan Jackson will be difficult to replace.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022 09:36 AM by blazerjay.)
09-25-2022 08:47 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-25-2022 08:47 PM)bigdunks Wrote:  
(09-24-2022 11:58 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  We should be favored in every game OOC, but as the original question stated, we always lose at least one or two or three WTF games every year.

I don't see UAB being favored in every OOC game. Michael Ertel and Quan Jackson will be difficult to replace.

We should be unless we lose some WTF games early. WVU isn't supposed to be good. South Carolina shouldn't be that great either, and we will be at home. Strong chance we would be favored in every game.

Ertel and Jackson will be hard to replace, yes. But we are bringing in big time talent.
09-26-2022 03:34 PM
Advertisement

BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I think we have adequately replaced Quan and Ertel in terms of talent, but I wonder if we will be able to replace the intangibles. Both were gamers and were able to steady the ship if things started going south. Jelly was our best player last year, but Quan was the leader of the team.
09-26-2022 03:55 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I always say this when we have a bunch of newcomers, "how long will it take for them to gel together?" If the following happens"

1. Buffen and Jemison step up their offensive play,
2. Good outside shooting,
3. Defend the 3,
4. Play unselfishly

This team could go undefeated in OOC play and at worse have one loss. I totally expect at least one wtf loss in conference play because even great teams usually have one of those. But I expect this OOC season to be one of the better ones in recent UAB history.
09-26-2022 04:58 PM
Blazer B Offline
Water Engineer

(09-24-2022 12:37 AM)blazr Wrote:  Every season in basketball when we have high expectations or are getting press, we drop a wtf? loss to a bad team or get motorboated by a barely decent team early in the schedule. Hoping we are all wrong, who’s it going to be this year?

I think you meant boat raced. Maybe I am out of the loop, but I have never heard motorboated used (not for sports anyway).

I believe that would be very awkward and start a fight.
09-27-2022 11:39 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-27-2022 11:39 AM)Blazer B Wrote:  

I think you meant boat raced. Maybe I am out of the loop, but I have never heard motorboated used (not for sports anyway).

We definitely could've motorboated Kenny Lofton last year.
09-27-2022 11:45 AM
Advertisement

notnow Offline
1st String

LOL!
09-27-2022 11:19 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-27-2022 11:39 AM)Blazer B Wrote:  

In my mind I am imagining blazr having a conversation at a UAB Tailgate and saying "motorboated" out loud and Blazer B correcting him and providing the proper phrase for him to use. And now I am laughing to myself.....03-lmfao
09-28-2022 10:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.