UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Catch the Clark quote?
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Catch the Clark quote?
During a short bit on Clark, one of the commentators said that Vincent told him “Clark may coach again…but it won’t be here.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-17-2022 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: Catch the Clark quote?
yeah...I think its becoming abundantly clear that was the plan for a while. he was looking for a way to exit without being viewed like Mike Anderson. and he got the bonus of getting his friend a head coaching tryout that he otherwise wouldn't have received
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022 09:07 PM by LairDweller.)
09-17-2022 08:16 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

[Image: auburn-relief.gif]
09-17-2022 08:20 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
I couldn’t care less about Deion’s team. That has zero to do with us or FBS. Chadwell is a great coach.

Clark unfortunately did UAB no favors on his way out. He isn’t coming back, and was looking for the easy way out.
09-17-2022 08:28 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(09-17-2022 08:20 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  [Image: auburn-relief.gif]

...AU is my SEC team, and at this point, I'm not sure WHO can be successful there... Clark MAY do well there, but at this point the place is pretty toxic (but the money obviously would negate a lot of risk for a prospective coach). I'm fading away from really keeping up with AU like I used to... I want them to win (other than if we ever run across them, duh), but I see a long dark road ahead for that program, a'la Tennessee or even Nebraska...
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022 12:35 PM by GreenFreakUAB.)
09-18-2022 12:24 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-17-2022 08:28 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  I couldn’t care less about Deion’s team. That has zero to do with us or FBS. Chadwell is a great coach.

Clark unfortunately did UAB no favors on his way out. He isn’t coming back, and was looking for the easy way out.

Not taking his side but all the positives Clark did for UAB will forever outweigh any negative aspects of him leaving the program.
09-18-2022 12:28 PM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(09-18-2022 12:28 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(09-17-2022 08:28 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  I couldn’t care less about Deion’s team. That has zero to do with us or FBS. Chadwell is a great coach.

Not taking his side but all the positives Clark did for UAB will forever outweigh any negative aspects of him leaving the program.

yep - we'd most likely be talking about volleyball scores today instead of football if not for Clark... ...dude is second only to GB in my book in terms of UAB Athletics.
09-18-2022 12:38 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

UAB football and it's fans should always be grateful to Bill Clark and what he did for this program, but it's becoming apparent he had a clear exit strategy and he executed it. I don't know where he ends up (not with us), but if it's Auburn then good luck surviving in that environment. Clark was exactly what we needed, when we needed it most, but I don't think he makes it long in the SEC.
09-18-2022 02:43 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I love Bill Clark for what he did for us, but if he takes the AU job he's going to deserve the hell he goes through as a result. There may be a bigger toxic waste dump in D1 football today but I can't think of one offhand
09-18-2022 03:28 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Why would anyone think Auburn would be interested in Clark this time around? I think Auburn will be under an immense pressure to hire a coach with P5 experience whether it be a current HC or Asst HC.

I don't think they will go back to the G5 ranks for another coach this go around.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022 03:46 PM by HiddenDragon.)
09-18-2022 03:45 PM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
If Clark can stand up to the BOT and save your program he can probably handle all the BS at Auburn.
09-18-2022 04:34 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
LOL
09-18-2022 05:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uabblazer2012 Offline
All American

Clark isn't really on the AU shortlist this time.
09-18-2022 06:50 PM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

(09-18-2022 06:50 PM)uabblazer2012 Wrote:  Clark isn't really on the AU shortlist this time.

I can’t see Auburn going the G5 coach route again after this Harsin experiment. GA Tech will be open at the end of the season and could see Clark going there, unless they some how lure in Deion.
09-18-2022 07:36 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Everyone is thankful for what Clark did, but he kind of screwed uab over just to get his friend a chance at a job he wasn’t qualified for. Simple as that. And their coaching style basically hit its ceiling at UAB.
09-18-2022 10:25 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(09-18-2022 04:43 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  Being at a power 5 requires recruiting…. We haven’t done that.

You can keep writing this, that doesn’t make it true. Clark won and won his way, which is more than any coach in UAB history can say. You may not like who, or how, he recruited, but our results on the field definitely indicate he recruited.
09-18-2022 11:26 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(09-18-2022 10:25 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Everyone is thankful for what Clark did, but he kind of screwed uab over just to get his friend a chance at a job he wasn’t qualified for. Simple as that. And their coaching style basically hit its ceiling at UAB.

You seem to be really bitter about Clark and life in general at times. So what he got his friend the interim HC job. He's not the first coach to do such a thing and nor will he be the last. Some of us may not like the offensive philosophy but it's not like we had a losing season because of it.

I don't think Clark screwed UAB (and that's just my opinion) but I can definitely say UAB screwed Clark when they hired him in 2014 and some of us seem to be forgetting that little gem.
09-19-2022 06:40 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(09-19-2022 06:40 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(09-18-2022 10:25 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Everyone is thankful for what Clark did, but he kind of screwed uab over just to get his friend a chance at a job he wasn’t qualified for. Simple as that. And their coaching style basically hit its ceiling at UAB.

You seem to be really bitter about Clark and life in general at times. So what he got his friend the interim HC job. He's not the first coach to do such a thing and nor will he be the last. Some of us may not like the offensive philosophy but it's not like we had a losing season because of it.

I don't think Clark screwed UAB (and that's just my opinion) but I can definitely say UAB screwed Clark when they hired him in 2014 and some of us seem to be forgetting that little gem.

I'm not lol.

I'm very thankful for what Coach Clark did for UAB and for several years of good memories. We're not a laughingstock anymore. Compared to where UAB was, that's a big deal. It's time to take the next step though. I don't think Clark and his coaching tree would/will be able to do that.

He also screwed UAB on the way out. Vincent ain't it. Most of us knew it, but I tried to be positive bc everyone on here was gassing him up something fierce. As dumb as it sounds, he also sounded good on interviews (compare that to Callaway who sounded like he didn't have above a 2nd grade education).

Both things aren't mutually exclusive.

Yes UAB screwed Clark majorly.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022 07:58 AM by The Answer UAB.)
09-19-2022 07:57 AM
MAN4UAB Offline
All American

Two great things about this transition is that the team is intact and Coach Vincent has to earn the job. I hope that he is successful. If not, I hope that the AD has a short list of viable candidates.
09-19-2022 08:50 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Answer I get it but it's not like Clark is destroying UAB. It's just not that major dude.
09-19-2022 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.