UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lots of excitement for Ga. Southern game!!!
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Lots of excitement for Ga. Southern game!!!
[Image: not-really-no-bobby-cannavale.gif]
09-16-2022 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

Donators
RE: Lots of excitement for Ga. Southern game!!!
No ,,,didnt read any of my regular stuff post game ,,,,i am very disappointed how we lost the game ,,specially the way the game was manage ...a lost saturday may save the future of UAB ,,i mean be a top 25 teams or close instead to be an irrelevant cusa contender ..that is my opinion ,,and i am a real fan who love UAB but i am not blind
09-16-2022 08:40 AM
kdblazer Offline
All American

(09-16-2022 08:40 AM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  No ,,,didnt read any of my regular stuff post game ,,,,i am very disappointed how we lost the game ,,specially the way the game was manage ...a lost saturday may save the future of UAB ,,i mean be a top 25 teams or close instead to be an irrelevant cusa contender ..that is my opinion ,,and i am a real fan who love UAB but i am not blind
Yes, we need a win in a real bad way. I'll be there cheering the team on but as a whole we need to get our act together (entire athletic department).
09-16-2022 09:17 AM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

(09-16-2022 08:34 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  [Image: not-really-no-bobby-cannavale.gif]

I just love to watch the sports on the local TV news to get nightly stories about Alabama, Auburn and Jax State--and maybe the Legion--with zero mentions about the D-I team that will be playing in Birmingham this Saturday.
09-16-2022 09:19 AM
jcduncan13 Online
All American

Get excited by listening to the Blazer Victory Podcast 04-cheers https://blazervictory.podbean.com/
09-16-2022 09:36 AM
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Is Southern going to bring a crowd?
09-16-2022 10:10 AM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(09-16-2022 10:10 AM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  Is Southern going to bring a crowd?

Georgia Southern has a dedicated fan base, but it's a 350 mile drive. I still expect quite a few from there.
09-16-2022 10:42 AM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

(09-16-2022 10:42 AM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  

Georgia Southern has a dedicated fan base, but it's a 350 mile drive. I still expect quite a few from there.

Could be the 2nd or 3rd largest visitor group at Protective.
09-16-2022 11:03 AM
ICB Offline
Heisman

The way I look at it, this is a must win. Losing to Liberty and Ga Southern sets us back. However, I know there would be some that say losing to Ga Southern doesn't matter because we can still win C-USA. I am now just comfortable that my vision differs from theirs. I am also concerned that Ga Southern has the potential to come in here and beat our breaks off if we are not prepared, while realistically knowing that this is a team, on paper we are supposed to beat, pretty good. The odd makers think so anyways. Hence the apathy. I will be there as a fan cheering on my team and as a scout looking to see if Vincent has what it takes.
09-16-2022 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
I am not excited about this game, due to the way we played and the way we were coached on Saturday.

I also think this is a must win. If we come out flat, the coaching sucks again, or both, we will get destroyed. The double digit betting line in favor of us is an abomination IMHO. If we lose, I think this season goes down the drain in a hurry. I would be worried about bowl eligibility at that point. We have a tough schedule in front of us.

Despite all of that, I have flipped my mindset around and I will continue to support the coach and the team. The best scenario (which won't happen) is that we win every game the rest of the year by 4+ TDs, Vincent actually is a good coach, and we go stride confidently into the future. The next best scenario is that we still turn the season around and win CUSA, but lose Vincent as our head coach, and move into the future with positive momentum and a new coaching staff. No good scenario comes from us completely imploding (which I could see happening if we lose this weekend). So I will root for this coach and team, and try to keep the negativity to a minimum until it is 100% warranted.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022 11:16 AM by The Answer UAB.)
09-16-2022 11:16 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
Losing to Georgia southern would be devastating. It’s a home game against a team we are supposed to beat. We can’t have a liberty part 2. We need to make sure that we don’t let the season get away from us early. We can still have a decent season from here, but that starts with a convincing win tomorrow.
09-16-2022 11:19 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(09-16-2022 11:16 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  I am not excited about this game, due to the way we played and the way we were coached on Saturday.

I also think this is a must win. If we come out flat, the coaching sucks again, or both, we will get destroyed. The double digit betting line in favor of us is an abomination IMHO. If we lose, I think this season goes down the drain in a hurry. I would be worried about bowl eligibility at that point. We have a tough schedule in front of us.

Despite all of that, I have flipped my mindset around and I will continue to support the coach and the team. The best scenario (which won't happen) is that we win every game the rest of the year by 4+ TDs, Vincent actually is a good coach, and we go stride confidently into the future. The next best scenario is that we still turn the season around and win CUSA, but lose Vincent as our head coach, and move into the future with positive momentum and a new coaching staff. No good scenario comes from us completely imploding (which I could see happening if we lose this weekend). So I will root for this coach and team, and try to keep the negativity to a minimum until it is 100% warranted.

No you won’t.
09-16-2022 11:21 AM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(09-16-2022 11:03 AM)blazerblazer Wrote:  
(09-16-2022 10:42 AM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  

Could be the 2nd or 3rd largest visitor group at Protective.

That's not a high bar, but I agree.
I just see a lot of tickets up for grabs for this one.
09-16-2022 11:28 AM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2022 11:21 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(09-16-2022 11:16 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  I am not excited about this game, due to the way we played and the way we were coached on Saturday.

No you won’t.

You agree with me on most things, but you just don't fly off the handle like I am prone to do haha..
09-16-2022 11:33 AM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
(09-16-2022 09:52 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  We do this to ourselves.

Ball state, Coastal, MTSU, at WKU, Louisiana Lafayette, La tech, Rice, Liberty

I’m sure there’s more. Out of the games we’ve lost in WTF fashion. Last years Liberty game was the lone WTF game where we just straight up got our asses kicked in the end.

Hate that this has to be said, but I hope our team brings their own energy tomorrow because I don’t expect there to be much coming into the stadium.

Not much excitement for tomorrow. Huge letdown last week. Could have been a great week with Ga Southern beating Nebraska sitting at 2-0 and us being 2-0 as well. To quote Joe Goodman "The Blazers lay a massive dragon egg every season, and this year’s came against Liberty." Those laid eggs always let the air out of the season and it's usually early on.
09-16-2022 11:36 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
I am excited!

1. The weather will be perfect.

2. Kickoff is at 2:30, perfectly timed for a fine lunch beforehand.

3. There will be beer, now that I know to avoid the stadium concessions (which are obviously overseen personally by Ray Watts) and stick to the beer stand run by the hot ponytail chick and the friendly dude.

4. The bus shuttle avoids parking stress.

5. There will be a dragon riding in a chariot.

I'm not going to let our bozo-nightmare AD ruin what should be a fun day. I choose to forget the embarrassment that UAB even scheduled that pariah "university." I choose to forget that we have an interim coach who seems to think halftime is for handing out orange slices. I choose to forget, for one glorious mild and sunny afternoon, phone, text and email.

It will be a fun day.
09-16-2022 12:33 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(09-16-2022 11:25 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  

No you won’t.

Yes, he will. Just as we all have in much worse times.

It was just in relation to the negativity. I know him personally, and trust me, that won’t stop.
09-16-2022 03:55 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Let's just notch a solid home win and roll on. We don't need the drama, and we do need a good win
09-16-2022 04:19 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2022 03:55 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(09-16-2022 11:25 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  

No you won’t.

Yes, he will. Just as we all have in much worse times.

It was just in relation to the negativity. I know him personally, and trust me, that won’t stop.

I know your mother personally
09-16-2022 06:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.