Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fly all the Sunbelt flags at College Game Day
Bookmark and Share
cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Fly all the Sunbelt flags at College Game Day
App State, there is no doubt you earned this. After a great win there will be countless App state flags flying proudly. This is not only a great win and moment for you but also for the Sunbelt Conference.

I encourage fans of every school to try to get to Game Day and fly your flag proudly. Would love to see as many Sunbelt flags flying on game day to show our proud affiliation with the Sunbelt. If it was not for a preplanned trip I would be up at Boone, flying the ODU flag front and center.

Go Sunbelt!
09-13-2022 07:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Fly all the Sunbelt flags at College Game Day
They absolutely deserve to get CGD and this is a long time coming for them. I am really looking forward to watching the show and know that App will come out looking great. While the focus should be on App State, I have no doubt there will be plenty of Sun Belt mentions. It would be great to see all the school's flags out there behind the crew.
Hopefully more and more Sun Belt teams will get the chance to host CGD as well.
I have been lucky enough to attend both CGDs at JMU and they were a lot of fun.
Enjoy the moment and take it all in. You deserve it App State.
09-13-2022 07:26 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
Tickets for this game are up to...wait for it....$250 on the secondary market. I was going to go up the mountain but that is a very, very steep price to pay. Tickets for UNC were down to $202 before the game for reference.

App won't break the UNC attendance record but they may get 35,000 in for Troy which, I believe, would set the record for a Sun Nelt league game.
09-13-2022 07:50 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Is there any talk of stadium expansion?
It seems like you may need it if the trend continues.
09-13-2022 07:54 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
I kind of like the grass, it's character and we need more of that in college football.
09-13-2022 08:19 AM
benny_t Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(09-13-2022 08:19 AM)rileylives Wrote:  I kind of like the grass, it's character and we need more of that in college football.

Yeah but that kind of grass doesn't make as much money.
09-13-2022 08:43 AM
Advertisement

Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
Wish there was someone at App we could Amazon school flags too, but getting the poles and someone tk set them up probably isn’t doable this late in the game.
09-13-2022 08:57 AM
111App Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(09-13-2022 07:50 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Tickets for this game are up to...wait for it....$250 on the secondary market. I was going to go up the mountain but that is a very, very steep price to pay. Tickets for UNC were down to $202 before the game for reference.

App won't break the UNC attendance record but they may get 35,000 in for Troy which, I believe, would set the record for a Sun Nelt league game.

Check your pm’s
09-13-2022 08:59 AM
ThunderDent Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Herd & SBC!
Great idea! I’ll cross post on Herd Board.
09-13-2022 09:28 AM
southcharlotteapp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(09-13-2022 07:54 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  Is there any talk of stadium expansion?

The north end zone expansion was completed with a lower level addition in mind for the future, where the temp seats were for UNC. If we complete that, it would put us around 40k with the hill. I would expect that and/or more rows on the upper east side very soon. We need about 5k more seats immediately.
09-13-2022 09:39 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(09-13-2022 07:50 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Tickets for this game are up to...wait for it....$250 on the secondary market. I was going to go up the mountain but that is a very, very steep price to pay. Tickets for UNC were down to $202 before the game for reference.

If I remember correctly that's about how ticket prices were the first time we hosted. The entire week was just nonstop hype and then the stadium was absolutely electric for the start of that game... And then we lost 03-lmfao Withers!

I'm curious to see if our Marshall game gets up in to that neighborhood. TickPick is always my go-to and generally seems to be the cheapest after everyone else's fees, right now the cheapest on there for Marshall is $150. Texas State $107... App State $173 for Troy, $130 for JMU, $151 for Citadel. Great to see that kind of demand at a time where most sports teams see demand dropping.
09-13-2022 10:33 AM
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(09-13-2022 09:39 AM)southcharlotteapp Wrote:  

The north end zone expansion was completed with a lower level addition in mind for the future, where the temp seats were for UNC. If we complete that, it would put us around 40k with the hill. I would expect that and/or more rows on the upper east side very soon. We need about 5k more seats immediately.

That's a great problem to have. :)
Would you say the 40k for UNC would be the capacity you would like to ultimately get to weekly?
Certainly seems like that isn't a far fetched goal.
09-13-2022 11:00 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I would be surprised if the small chunk of time not spent talking about Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M, and ND is used talking about App State.

ESPN owns the rights to broadcast Sun Belt games, and they will promote their product. If App was the only team in the league that's done anything so far it would be different.
09-13-2022 11:22 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(09-13-2022 11:22 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I would be surprised if the small chunk of time not spent talking about Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M, and ND is used talking about App State.

ESPN owns the rights to broadcast Sun Belt games, and they will promote their product. If App was the only team in the league that's done anything so far it would be different.

I think the timing is really huge for the Sun Belt. It was such a good week for the Sun Belt and the upsets were so big, it would be irresponsible for them NOT to talk about it.
The fact that they are at a Sun Belt school just solidifies the fact the discussion will be had about the conference.
What I do wonder about is how much Troy will be mentioned. Should be a really good game.
09-13-2022 11:37 AM
southcharlotteapp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(09-13-2022 11:00 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(09-13-2022 09:39 AM)southcharlotteapp Wrote:  

That's a great problem to have. :)
Would you say the 40k for UNC would be the capacity you would like to ultimately get to weekly?
Certainly seems like that isn't a far fetched goal.

Sure, but I don't think 40k per home game is happening anytime soon. Assuming the program continues to give us a good product, I think we could see 30k plus for most conference games in the near future. NC State, ECU, USC, and maybe even UNCC could all draw 40k or more.
09-13-2022 11:43 AM
TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
(09-13-2022 11:37 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(09-13-2022 11:22 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I would be surprised if the small chunk of time not spent talking about Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M, and ND is used talking about App State.

I think the timing is really huge for the Sun Belt. It was such a good week for the Sun Belt and the upsets were so big, it would be irresponsible for them NOT to talk about it.
The fact that they are at a Sun Belt school just solidifies the fact the discussion will be had about the conference.
What I do wonder about is how much Troy will be mentioned. Should be a really good game.

They'll bring up the Sun Belt's big victories over the Power 5 and will show clips of Troy's win over LSU and Nebraska a few years ago, leading someone at the desk to say "they took Clemson to the wire not too long ago too". Setting the table with information having nothing to do with game today but you'll know Troy hung with some big names too.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022 11:59 AM by TealNation.)
09-13-2022 11:53 AM
Advertisement

ThunderDent Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Herd & SBC!
Heck, I remember a game at Kent State was $5 ticket or a canned good item.
And I wish I were joking.

It’s absolutely amazing being in a league that has this much depth.
Every week means something and is a battle.

I saw they “predicted” Marshall to the Cotton Bowl.
Well there’s a long ass road to get there.

*At Bowling Orange (always a tough test, and the team has to mentally focus after last week)
*At Troy. (Scares me to death)
*Conf champ Louisiana comes to town for ESPN only game on tv
*At JMU, who just blew Norfolk St out of the water worse than we did, after destroying MTSU the week before, who just turned around and blew out Colo St.
*Then freaking Coastal comes to town with Grayson McCall and that passing game. Jeezzsh.
*How about a nice little trip up to Old Dominion, where we’ll have a battle on our hands.

Can we make it through all that unscathed? That’s a tough task.
But can we? Do we stay focused enough to do it?
If we do, we’ll be ranked. And guess who’s next?

*App coming to town. If they win out until then, this will be a ranked on ranked rivalry game for the ages. If that’s the set up, the winner’s in the drivers seat for the NY6. Does the SBC get 2 ESPN College GameDay’s in a season?

*But wait, there’s more. What’s that you say? The season’s not over?
We have to go to Ga Southern?? Sh*t.

*whew me made it past that. How did we escape by the skin of our teeth.
Crap there’s another game to get through. Georgia State. They’ll give us all we want at home.

Still here. Did we make it?
Not yet. Still have to play the SBC Champ game and win to get that Cotton Bowl berth.

I’d venture to say there’s several P5 teams that would have trouble going through that schedule unscathed.

Do we do it? Damn, that would be awesome. We have a LONG, LONG, road ahead.
Stay focused.

So happy to be in the SBC!
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022 12:02 PM by ThunderDent.)
09-13-2022 11:57 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(09-13-2022 11:53 AM)TealNation Wrote:  
(09-13-2022 11:37 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  

They'll bring up the Sun Belt's big victories over the Power 5 and will show clips of Troy's win over LSU a few years ago, leading someone at the desk to say "they took Clemson to the wire not too long ago too".

Does know if Lee Corso will have any idea where he actually is Saturday
09-13-2022 12:10 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(09-13-2022 11:57 AM)ThunderDent Wrote:  Heck, I remember a game at Kent State was $5 ticket or a canned good item.

*At Bowling Orange (always a tough test, and the team has to mentally focus after last week)
*At JMU, who just blew Norfolk St out of the water worse than we did, after destroying MTSU the week before, who just turned around and blew out Colo St.
*Then freaking Coastal comes to town with Grayson McCall and that passing game. Jeezzsh.
*How about a nice little trip up to Old Dominion, where we’ll have a battle on our hands.

*App coming to town. If they win out until then, this will be a ranked on ranked rivalry game for the ages. If that’s the set up, the winner’s in the drivers seat for the NY6. Does the SBC get 2 ESPN College GameDay’s in a season?

Crap there’s another game to get through. Georgia State. They’ll give us all we want at home.

Not yet. Still have to play the SBC Champ game and win to get that Cotton Bowl berth.

I’d venture to say there’s several P5 teams that would have trouble going through that schedule unscathed.

Stay focused.

The SBC West Version of this is more of a game of "where is the UL game this year" and "who do we play in the East?"
09-13-2022 12:19 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(09-13-2022 11:57 AM)ThunderDent Wrote:  Heck, I remember a game at Kent State was $5 ticket or a canned good item.

Stay focused.

That's why they said you take them one at a time. The same way you do any daunting task. Start looking at the big picture and it will swallow you whole. I hope the players are only thinking about BG. It starts there. My biggest fear is Notre Dame turns out to be completely awful and doesn't win a game. Then it's not so much that we're good but they're bad and we get exposed against a good team. I don't believe that based on watching us play, but it's a recurring nightmare from the old administration.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022 12:29 PM by MUther.)
09-13-2022 12:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.