Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Not good
Bookmark and Share
Dirty Myrtle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Coastal
Not good

Moglia has connections with Nebraska, he’s not blowing smoke
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 09:37 PM by SkullyMaroo.)
09-12-2022 05:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
RE: Not good
Tell Nebraska McCall is part of the package deal 04-cheers
09-12-2022 05:47 PM
Complacent Cajun Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-12-2022 05:44 PM)Dirty Myrtle Wrote:  https://twitter.com/coachjoemoglia/statu...8700309510

Anyone find it kind of odd he blasted that out on Twitter unsolicited? Lol
09-12-2022 05:50 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Nebraska has become a place where coaches go to die. They still have 1980s expectations, but not the recruiting base to get there. Nobody wants to go to Nebraska just to play little brother to eastern time zone Big 10 schools. It’s a program that fired Solich for going 9-3 in back to back years.

Frost is a very good coach, dreamed of the Nebraska job, you know he worked his butt off, and he couldn’t move the needle.
09-12-2022 05:50 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
(09-12-2022 05:50 PM)Complacent Cajun Wrote:  
(09-12-2022 05:44 PM)Dirty Myrtle Wrote:  https://twitter.com/coachjoemoglia/statu...8700309510

I did. Not a fan of that. Joe still holds a position at Coastal for goodness sake. Just an embarrassing last couple of days.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 06:20 PM by TealNation.)
09-12-2022 06:07 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
History might look slightly different if Bo Pelini had just learned how to be a human being with average consideration of others. The Huskers seemed like they were right on the cusp of returning to greatness with him there.
09-12-2022 06:09 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Meh... Blah blah blah... It would be HILARIOUS if Chadwell gives Nebraska the thumb... LMFAO

But.... Nebraskee might go from Frosty to Freezie...
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 06:13 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
09-12-2022 06:12 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(09-12-2022 05:50 PM)banker Wrote:  Nebraska has become a place where coaches go to die. They still have 1980s expectations, but not the recruiting base to get there. Nobody wants to go to Nebraska just to play little brother to eastern time zone Big 10 schools. It’s a program that fired Solich for going 9-3 in back to back years.

Frost is a very good coach, dreamed of the Nebraska job, you know he worked his butt off, and he couldn’t move the needle.

Nebraska can't return to their past dominance because they aren't playing a 7 game league schedule with only one consistent challenge.

They can be Michigan State level good with the right coach who isn't trying to out-Wisconsin the Badgers or out-Ohio State the Buckeyes but works on their own identity.
09-12-2022 06:18 PM
Goronic Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(09-12-2022 05:47 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Tell Nebraska McCall is part of the package deal 04-cheers

I second the motion. On a more serious note I hope Coastal can hang on to him for several more years. We need to keep good coaches in the SBC.

App still wins against Coastal this year anyway 05-mafia
09-12-2022 06:40 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern

Not if your Chadwell. The CCU job is solid. He'll be replaced by likely a better coach.
09-12-2022 06:43 PM
MOTIAW Offline
1st String

(09-12-2022 06:07 PM)TealNation Wrote:  

I did. Not a fan of that. Joe still holds a position at Coastal for goodness sake. Just an embarrassing last couple of days.

I don’t see it that way. If you know Joe, from his corporate to coaching paths, he’s always been able recruit talent, build them up, hope they grow into better. “Even his own CEO spot” for comparison in the corporate world.

It’s been obvious for 1-2 years that JC’s name is atop lists. I’m sure Joe is getting asked left and right all the time if he’s gonna allow access to JC for interviews etc. Considering Joe has his own ties to Nebraska, it’s probably 10 times worse.

A) I’m absolutely sure he’s openly hoping JC/staff get a “next level” shot… it reflects on his mentorship as well…

And B) If/when JC leaves, we aren’t hiring someone to come run the dynasty long term. We’re looking for the next JC, what better way to help get out there that we are proactively expecting them to outgrow us? And encourage it. It’s an attractive ideology.

Nothing else to see here.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 07:15 PM by MOTIAW.)
09-12-2022 07:14 PM
Advertisement

TealNation Offline
All American

(09-12-2022 06:40 PM)Goronic Wrote:  
(09-12-2022 05:47 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Tell Nebraska McCall is part of the package deal 04-cheers

I second the motion. On a more serious note I hope Coastal can hang on to him for several more years. We need to keep good coaches in the SBC.

App still wins against Coastal this year anyway 05-mafia

Coastal is a good job in a growing league with a real chance to send our champ to the playoffs in a few years. Not really worried about finding a good coach, it's just the approach in all this.

Moglia is the Director of Football Operations for goodness sake. Why would you tweet this out? Potential tensions at both universities.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 07:18 PM by TealNation.)
09-12-2022 07:16 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Nebraska, the place coaching careers go to die. Sure they can pay a lot but what's the cost???
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 07:22 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
09-12-2022 07:21 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-12-2022 06:18 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(09-12-2022 05:50 PM)banker Wrote:  Nebraska has become a place where coaches go to die. They still have 1980s expectations, but not the recruiting base to get there. Nobody wants to go to Nebraska just to play little brother to eastern time zone Big 10 schools. It’s a program that fired Solich for going 9-3 in back to back years.

Nebraska can't return to their past dominance because they aren't playing a 7 game league schedule with only one consistent challenge.

They can be Michigan State level good with the right coach who isn't trying to out-Wisconsin the Badgers or out-Ohio State the Buckeyes but works on their own identity.

I don’t even think they can be Michigan State good. Michigan State gets top Michigan and secondary Ohio talent. Top tier Texas and Florida talent isn’t going to Nebraska anymore with them in a northern based conference. They should have stayed in the Big 12 if they wanted to win and attract talent they could win with.
09-12-2022 07:22 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

(09-12-2022 07:14 PM)MOTIAW Wrote:  
(09-12-2022 06:07 PM)TealNation Wrote:  

I don’t see it that way. If you know Joe, from his corporate to coaching paths, he’s always been able recruit talent, build them up, hope they grow into better. “Even his own CEO spot” for comparison in the corporate world.

It’s been obvious for 1-2 years that JC’s name is atop lists. I’m sure Joe is getting asked left and right all the time if he’s gonna allow access to JC for interviews etc. Considering Joe has his own ties to Nebraska, it’s probably 10 times worse.

A) I’m absolutely sure he’s openly hoping JC/staff get a “next level” shot… it reflects on his mentorship as well…

And B) If/when JC leaves, we aren’t hiring someone to come run the dynasty long term. We’re looking for the next JC, what better way to help get out there that we are proactively expecting them to outgrow us? And encourage it. It’s an attractive ideology.

Nothing else to see here.

That fine behind closed doors but you don't Tweet that out on Twitter. Embarrassing for Coastal and adds implications for Nebraska.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 07:23 PM by TealNation.)
09-12-2022 07:22 PM
MOTIAW Offline
1st String

Why exactly is it embarrassing?

His name is already all over social media, related to the job and will be for others to come… Players and fans alike are/will be wondering who is/isn’t contacting JC through both appropriate/inappropriate channels.

What does this really do, other than be the most transparent take out of the whole mess? Tension at Coastal? If Joe said nothing there’d still be tension. Everyone knows his Nebraska ties probably have people there burning up his phone lines. Saying nothing is almost worse as far as tension goes.

I’m sure Nebraska has been exploring opinions on multiple candidates. Don’t see how it hurts them either. Maybe if they still had Frost when this came out, sure. But they got no one. Literally. Whole Nebraska universe knows they’re looking, not a secret. AND, their fans might take solace in knowing even the Admin was over Frost and already kicking tires. Better look than just starting now.

Can’t see it.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022 07:49 PM by MOTIAW.)
09-12-2022 07:42 PM
Advertisement

SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
Nebraska is Mickey Joseph's job to lose
09-12-2022 07:47 PM
MOTIAW Offline
1st String

(09-12-2022 07:47 PM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  Nebraska is Mickey Joseph's job to lose

Exactly, and if not him, probably 1-2 others… Could JC land it if cards fell right? Yep. But I’m really not worried about this one.

Which goes straight back to the notion that a Prez of Football Operations being publicly supportive of his HC, (including when it’s not likely one he will land) is not a bad thing. It’s PR.
09-12-2022 07:52 PM
TealNation Offline
All American

(09-12-2022 07:42 PM)MOTIAW Wrote:  Why exactly is it embarrassing?

His name is already all over social media, related to the job and will be for others to come… Players and fans alike are/will be wondering who is/isn’t contacting JC through both appropriate/inappropriate channels.

What does this really do, other than be the most transparent take out of the whole mess? Tension at Coastal? If Joe said nothing there’d still be tension. Everyone knows his Nebraska ties probably have people there burning up his phone lines. Saying nothing is almost worse as far as tension goes.

I’m sure Nebraska has been exploring opinions on multiple candidates. Don’t see how it hurts them either. Maybe if they still had Frost when this came out, sure. But they got no one. Literally. Whole Nebraska universe knows they’re looking, not a secret. AND, their fans might take solace in knowing even the Admin was over Frost and already kicking tires. Better look than just starting now.

Can’t see it.

Agree to disagree I guess. It's a bit of odd to me.

Our Director of Football Operations has publicly advocated for our head coach to another job before any public decisions have been made. I could care less what you do behind closed doors.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022 04:36 AM by TealNation.)
09-12-2022 07:56 PM
doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Frost got $15 million to leave.

An SB coach makes that in 15-30 years
09-12-2022 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.