07-29-2022 04:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: Advantage Big XII according to Dodd
^^^^
Good find Jackson. I also read some tweets of other comments and observations from the P12 media day and it is apparent the B12 is on the mind of Commish Kliavkoff. Hell, the B12 got multiple mentions and air time from the guy who is trying to save his sinking ship. He didn't sound like a confident man or someone with a plan or vision moving forward. Not what you want to hear if you're one of the remaining ten schools.
07-29-2022 05:22 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

07-29-2022 05:25 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Comments Kliavkoff made on the B12...

"With respect to the Big 12 being open for business, we appreciate that. We have not decided whether we're going shopping there or not."

"That (Big 12 shopping) remark was a reflection of me spending 4 weeks trying to defend grenades being lobbed from every corner of the Big 12 trying to destabilize the Pac-12. I got tired of it ... Probably not the most collegial thing I've ever said."

“I understand why they’re doing it, when you look at the relative media value between the two conferences. I get why they’re scared.”

“You look at the metrics, you look at the numbers, and any way you cut and slice and dice the numbers, you come to the conclusion that no Pac-12 school is going to the Big 12,” he said.

He didn't lob any grenades at Kevin "BiG Don" Warren. That's what started all of this. Also, this tidbit from The Athletic...

Quote:The Pac-12’s exclusive 30-day negotiating window with current rightsholders ESPN and Fox ends on Aug. 4. While Kliavkoff noted that his league’s negotiation process likely will take months to complete, that date is important to note. If ESPN and Fox haven’t made promising overtures or offers at that time, the Big 12 will continue pushing its Pac-12 targets to make a move.

“If I’m Oregon, it’s not easy to tell them that we’re not a priority right now to ESPN or Fox,” one Big 12 source argued. “I don’t care how you spin it.”

The Big 12’s pitch to those members, according to sources, is that the Pac-12 potentially moving away from linear distribution to streaming services would be detrimental to its long-term growth and success, that streaming companies like Amazon, Apple or Hulu are unlikely to overpay for Pac-12 rights and that its remaining expansion options will not add significant value.

Kliavkoff
07-29-2022 06:20 PM
HornFrogFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU
Man, the Alamo Bowl is going to be interesting this year. Wonder if we can get Kliavkoff and Yormark to settle this at the 50 yard line?
07-29-2022 07:57 PM
ddkatelycoog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Univ of Houston
(07-29-2022 07:57 PM)HornFrogFan Wrote:  Man, the Alamo Bowl is going to be interesting this year. Wonder if we can get Kliavkoff and Yormark to settle this at the 50 yard line?

Not if there is no PAC 12!
07-29-2022 08:05 PM
Advertisement

CougarFrog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TCU and BYU
This PAC buffoon is really trying to make Baghdad Bob look good.... he already makes Larry Scott look good and I didn't think that was possible.
07-29-2022 09:38 PM
cc22 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: football
If Dennis Dodd has accurate numbers - that the Pac will be looking 21-30 million and the Big 12 numbers start at 30 (Mack Rhodes said they expect numbers around those at the end of the current deal - which would be near 50) then this isn't over.
07-29-2022 10:30 PM
Huan Offline
1st String

I Root For: TTU, USA,
(07-29-2022 10:30 PM)cc22 Wrote:  If Dennis Dodd has accurate numbers - that the Pac will be looking 21-30 million and the Big 12 numbers start at 30 (Mack Rhodes said they expect numbers around those at the end of the current deal - which would be near 50) then this isn't over.

Kinda shocking
07-29-2022 10:31 PM
Acres Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston, Texas Southern
(07-29-2022 10:31 PM)Huan Wrote:  
(07-29-2022 10:30 PM)cc22 Wrote:  If Dennis Dodd has accurate numbers - that the Pac will be looking 21-30 million and the Big 12 numbers start at 30 (Mack Rhodes said they expect numbers around those at the end of the current deal - which would be near 50) then this isn't over.

Kinda shocking

I don’t think Dodd would throw those numbers around if he didn’t have a legitimate source. The MWC lite comment isn’t going to sit well with the pac12. I don’t think he uses that term unless he absolutely know the pac12 will lose schools.
07-29-2022 10:48 PM
Charlie Broadway Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
Here’s his article:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...the-brink/

Quote:Sources told CBS Sports the Big 12 is optimistic about their annual media rights being "much bigger" than $30 million per year beginning in 2025. That figure is currently the Pac-12 ceiling with its 10 remaining members, according to industry sources.
07-29-2022 10:59 PM
Advertisement

okiestate1979 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: oklahoma state
(07-29-2022 10:59 PM)Charlie Broadway Wrote:  Here’s his article:

Quote:Sources told CBS Sports the Big 12 is optimistic about their annual media rights being "much bigger" than $30 million per year beginning in 2025. That figure is currently the Pac-12 ceiling with its 10 remaining members, according to industry sources.

My guess when all is said and done the new big12 is probably going to get about
45 million. But everything has gone up. A big12 with texas and oklahoma and without the mid-major additions probably gets 70. Thats a significant cut.

I'd say the pac comes in about 35 total. So maybe 20-25% less than the big12. But that's not all due to the pac 12 "not being as good" as the big12. TV contracts are important, but when comparing numbers like that they aren't the whole package. The pac can still have a legitimate argument as a 'better' or 'bigger' or whatever word you want to use conference even if their deal is 20 percent or 25 percent less. A lot of that has to do with time slots available and stuff like that. Having more flexible time slots to offer across the board helps push that contract difference, but it doesn't neccessarily speak to the 'quality' of the conference...on the field or off.

And note that if we see a 20 to 25 percent difference in big12 and pac contracts we are going to see a MUCH bigger difference in sec/bigten vs big12. The sec numbers are going to come in stages I believe, but say in 2027 just to pick a year both when the package has moved and CBS is out and Texas/OU is in, I think that total package could be 110-120 and I think the bigten package is in that ballpark or maybe a little higher as well.

So 35 vs 45 vs 110-120......

I think this is an example of how the new big12 and pac are having this little rock fight with themselves, but the bigger picture is being missed as they throw rocks at each other. And that bigger picture is that the SEC and Big10 have a huge cement truck about to bury them while they are focused on slinging coin size rocks lmao.....

Of course there is nothing the new big12 or pac can do to stop it, but it's still interesting to see the narrative.
07-29-2022 11:56 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(07-29-2022 11:56 PM)okiestate1979 Wrote:  

45 million. But everything has gone up. A big12 with texas and oklahoma and without the mid-major additions probably gets 70. Thats a significant cut.

I'd say the pac comes in about 35 total. So maybe 20-25% less than the big12. But that's not all due to the pac 12 "not being as good" as the big12. TV contracts are important, but when comparing numbers like that they aren't the whole package. The pac can still have a legitimate argument as a 'better' or 'bigger' or whatever word you want to use conference even if their deal is 20 percent or 25 percent less. A lot of that has to do with time slots available and stuff like that. Having more flexible time slots to offer across the board helps push that contract difference, but it doesn't neccessarily speak to the 'quality' of the conference...on the field or off.

And note that if we see a 20 to 25 percent difference in big12 and pac contracts we are going to see a MUCH bigger difference in sec/bigten vs big12. The sec numbers are going to come in stages I believe, but say in 2027 just to pick a year both when the package has moved and CBS is out and Texas/OU is in, I think that total package could be 110-120 and I think the bigten package is in that ballpark or maybe a little higher as well.

I think this is an example of how the new big12 and pac are having this little rock fight with themselves, but the bigger picture is being missed as they throw rocks at each other. And that bigger picture is that the SEC and Big10 have a huge cement truck about to bury them while they are focused on slinging coin size rocks lmao.....

Of course there is nothing the new big12 or pac can do to stop it, but it's still interesting to see the narrative.
When UCF beats OSU in Stillwater you better not disappear. And it will happen, probably more often than you think.
07-30-2022 07:15 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

We have no control over what the B1G/SEC make in their media contracts so why compare or worry about it. The three AAC adds are coming from a conference making $7M/year/school so it's all a matter of perspective. Let's give Yormark and the new league some time to get their feet under them [running] and see where we land. The B12 can still become the number three power conference in time depending on how things shake out. Shoot, the MAC, CUSA, Fun Belt, et al, we're not.
07-30-2022 08:18 AM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ
(07-29-2022 10:31 PM)Huan Wrote:  

Kinda shocking

Yeah, I agree. It is kinda shocking. However, knowing Mack Rhodes saying that, he must have a contact in the industry that is giving him some type of information. Just my opinion. I just do not think he would put himself out there like that.

jtwvu87
07-30-2022 09:23 AM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ
(07-30-2022 07:15 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

When UCF beats OSU in Stillwater you better not disappear. And it will happen, probably more often than you think.
Love the illustration dude!

jtwvu87
07-30-2022 09:26 AM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(07-30-2022 09:26 AM)jtwvu87 Wrote:  
(07-30-2022 07:15 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

Love the illustration dude!

jtwvu87
04-cheers
07-30-2022 09:42 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
The PAC10 has no leverage to do anything.

When the B12's two big donkeys got sniped they went out and secured the best available. Now they's still a viable option.

Now there IS NO best available. No one wants to play on the west coast while 3/4 of the football viewing population is asleep.

The PAC10 commissioner has to feel like a Ukrainian realtor right about now.
07-30-2022 11:24 AM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
B-12 EXPECTS to get 30 million

Pac expected to get 30 million

both conf are in the same boat
07-30-2022 02:20 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(07-30-2022 02:20 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  B-12 EXPECTS to get 30 million

Pac expected to get 30 million

both conf are in the same boat

Everyone is spitballin' right now but I believe the B12 will end up higher than the P12 when it's all said and done. The real question is how much higher.
07-30-2022 04:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.