Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022 NHL Draft
Bookmark and Share
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
2022 NHL Draft
Six incoming freshmen and current sophomore Jack Hughes picked in a historic NHL Draft.

The seven picks are the most in program history passing the five drafted back in 1985. NU had more current or committed players drafted this year than any other NCAA team.

Minnesota was next with five.

2nd RD (34th overall) Center Cameron Lund - 6’2” 190 San Jose Sharks (Green Bay Gamblers, USHL)

2nd RD (51st overall) Center Jack Hughes - 6’0” 170 LA Kings (Soph. Northeastern)

3rd RD (76th overall) Defenseman Michael Fisher - 6’2” 198 San Jose Sharks (St. Mark’s School).

4th RD (128th overall) Goalie Cameron Whitehead - 6’3” 172 Las Vegas Golden Knights (Lincoln Stars, USHL).

6th RD (165th overall) Defenseman Hunter McDonald - 6’4” 207 Philadelphia Flyers (Chicago Steel, USHL).

6th RD (176th overall) Defenseman Jackson Dorrington - 6’2” 192 Vancouver Canucks (Des Moines, USHL)

7th RD (203 overall) Forward James Fisher - 6’2” 188 Columbus Blue Jackets (Belmont Hill HS, Massachusetts)
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 02:32 AM by geewizNU.)
07-09-2022 01:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
RE: 2022 NHL Draft
Nice! I know that there was one first round selection who is going to a local school...the fifth overall to BC....but I wonder how the other Boston schools fared overall.
07-09-2022 09:27 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

(07-09-2022 09:27 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  Nice! I know that there was one first round selection who is going to a local school...the fifth overall to BC....but I wonder how the other Boston schools fared overall.

BC had a 1st round pick, but according to their Twitter page they only had a few other picks afterwards.

BU picked 3 players in the 2nd round but that was it. And UMass had 3 selections.
07-09-2022 09:22 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

(07-09-2022 09:22 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  
(07-09-2022 09:27 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  Nice! I know that there was one first round selection who is going to a local school...the fifth overall to BC....but I wonder how the other Boston schools fared overall.

BC had a 1st round pick, but according to their Twitter page they only had a few other picks afterwards.

BU picked 3 players in the 2nd round but that was it. And UMass had 3 selections.

So.....how do you evaluate the local schools? Is BU first with three number two's with us second? BC getting a top five guy is impressive but I remember reading a piece that decided that you don't win with guys who play just one year.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 10:10 PM by NUGUY.)
07-09-2022 10:02 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

(07-09-2022 10:02 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  

So.....how do you evaluate the local schools? Is BU first with three number two's with us second? BC getting a top five guy is impressive but I remember reading a piece that decided that you don't win with guys who play just one year.

Tough to say.

Remember both BC and BU have new head coaches and neither made the NCAA tournament. I honestly think NU had the better draft and that was kind of mentioned during the draft how our program has been huge in development of college players to the next level nowadays.

But again, none of us are junior league or prep school evaluators.
07-09-2022 10:19 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(07-09-2022 10:19 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  
(07-09-2022 10:02 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  

Tough to say.

Remember both BC and BU have new head coaches and neither made the NCAA tournament. I honestly think NU had the better draft and that was kind of mentioned during the draft how our program has been huge in development of college players to the next level nowadays.

But again, none of us are junior league or prep school evaluators.

Yeah. I guess time will tell. In any case it looks like the days of us being the poor step child happy to get the leftovers are over.
07-10-2022 09:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.