Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Elite" Camp for MBB
Bookmark and Share
mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: William & Mary
"Elite" Camp for MBB
Seeing the recruiting success of Prospect camps that we host for football, and now I'm seeing ads for Coach E hosting an elite camp, why doesn't Dane do anything like this? It seems like it would be an incredible recruiting opportunity to get up close eyes on regional talent that may be overlooked. It also gets kids on our campus and in our facilities-real selling points IMO. Like football does, other area schools (Hampton, Christopher Newport, Richard Bland) could send coaches over to scout and assist as well giving even more opportunities for athletes to be seen and evaluated. I know Dane runs a youth camp. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm envisioning more of a combine/competition style camp for high school kids.
I haven't heard about men's teams doing this. Is it against the rules? I can't imagine it would be if football does it. For football, We put out a number of offers after they came to our camps. A couple of this year's freshman were offered off the strength of their camp performance. I noticed after Coach E's announced camp, one of the top 2025s in the region retweeted it and said she'd be there.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022 01:01 PM by mrjoolius.)
07-02-2022 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.