Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More conference moves
Bookmark and Share
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
More conference moves
Just announced, USC and UCLA moving from Pac 12 to Big 10... I guess a new wave of new alignment starts
Note: just noticed this was announced in the UIW thread. Still, the moves will likely start a wave of realignment.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2022 03:11 PM by RCI.)
06-30-2022 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
RE: More conference moves
Just to speculate, which never happens on this board, what is the impact of UCLA/USC movement on the WAC?
06-30-2022 09:33 PM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(06-30-2022 09:33 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  Just to speculate, which never happens on this board, what is the impact of UCLA/USC movement on the WAC?

Right now, there are rumors of Oregon and Washington approaching the Big 10 and Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and Utah approaching the Big 12. I believe the former. The latter, eh, probably the 12 approached them.

https://www.johncanzano.com/p/canzano-us...ing-to-the

It’s possible the Pac-12 will cease to exist. If lucky, it’ll retain half its schools and add from the Mountain West, which causes a chain reaction that even the WAC may not resist. But who knows for sure?
06-30-2022 09:46 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
No matter, it is an earthquake and things will be rearranged. What about the Rose Bowl? Seems like maybe three super conferences, West, North, and South, and a whole bunch of schools "left out." The NCAA is likely in analysis mode.
06-30-2022 10:05 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton Baylor
Big Earthquake! Almost as big as the UT/OU one. I am sure their will be a major trickle down effect and mass movements all the way down to the FCS again, but it is hard to see at the moment how this will impact the WAC. Will have to wait to see how the bigger fish respond and who gets poached from where before the dust settles enough to get a clearer picture on how it will have an impact upon the WAC.
07-01-2022 03:00 AM
OscarWildeCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & UGA
(07-01-2022 03:00 AM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  Big Earthquake! Almost as big as the UT/OU one. I am sure their will be a major trickle down effect and mass movements all the way down to the FCS again, but it is hard to see at the moment how this will impact the WAC. Will have to wait to see how the bigger fish respond and who gets poached from where before the dust settles enough to get a clearer picture on how it will have an impact upon the WAC.

I can imagine a couple of scenarios that might involve the WAC- The PAC grabs a couple of MWC school, the MWC backfills with a couple of Big Sky schools, the Big Sky reaches out to Utah Tech and Southern Utah.

Or, the PAC grabs a couple of B12 schools. The B12 backfills from the AAC, the AAC grabs a couple of Schools from weaker G5 conferences who in turn go after FCS schools including Tarleton.
07-01-2022 04:20 AM
Advertisement

BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Mountain West may be interested in UTEP and NMSU if they lose enough members. At the very least it would keep their conference out West if these schools are considered. Better fit for both than their current conference.
07-01-2022 08:42 AM
OscarWildeCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & UGA
(07-01-2022 08:42 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  Mountain West may be interested in UTEP and NMSU if they lose enough members. At the very least it would keep their conference out West if these schools are considered. Better fit for both than their current conference.

Id like to see that happen. It would be a dream come true for both of those schools. And it’s a move that actually makes geographic sense.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 09:09 AM by OscarWildeCat.)
07-01-2022 09:09 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(06-30-2022 10:05 PM)RCI Wrote:  No matter, it is an earthquake and things will be rearranged. What about the Rose Bowl? Seems like maybe three super conferences, West, North, and South, and a whole bunch of schools "left out." The NCAA is likely in analysis mode.

I think we are headed toward an entirely new Super Division, and the filthy rich will shake loose from the rest of us little fish.
07-01-2022 10:19 AM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(07-01-2022 10:19 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  
(06-30-2022 10:05 PM)RCI Wrote:  No matter, it is an earthquake and things will be rearranged. What about the Rose Bowl? Seems like maybe three super conferences, West, North, and South, and a whole bunch of schools "left out." The NCAA is likely in analysis mode.

I think we are headed toward an entirely new Super Division, and the filthy rich will shake loose from the rest of us little fish.

Maybe in football. Probably not in basketball
07-01-2022 11:16 AM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(07-01-2022 11:16 AM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 10:19 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  

Maybe in football. Probably not in basketball

Think about it this way… a 20-to-24 school SEC and a 20-to-24 school Big 10. Their conference playoffs are the “national playoffs” and the game between the winners is the “national championship.” This feels like a possibility at this point.

Yet it won’t be a breakaway from the NCAA. Better to keep the basketball process as it currently stands, among other things. If each conference places 10 teams in a given March Madness, how much $ is that compared to the added confusion of breaking off to your own gig without the possibility of real Cinderella stories?
07-01-2022 01:39 PM
Advertisement

TexanFan Offline
1st String

https://twitter.com/longhorns_b12c/statu...hA_EqSOjMw

I promise I didn’t create this tweet.
07-01-2022 11:46 PM
TexanFan Offline
1st String

(07-01-2022 11:46 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  https://twitter.com/longhorns_b12c/statu...hA_EqSOjMw

And yes it’s a joke.
07-01-2022 11:49 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
I suppose BYU could flip and replace the private school the pac is losing. not sure who they would consider to replace ucla....colorado state..Texas Tech..Hawaii ? no real good choices out there[/b]
07-02-2022 06:49 AM
Vulpes88 Offline
2nd String

(07-01-2022 11:46 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  https://twitter.com/longhorns_b12c/statu...hA_EqSOjMw

They could use Texas schools. Would prefer Big 12 or American though...
07-02-2022 12:19 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

Neither of those 2 are realistic ( Big 12/ AAC) at the moment for Tarleton. Its C-USA or SBC. Those are the only 2 we have a shot at getting an invite.

I can not see the PAC inviting BYU do to its religious affiliation and conservative stance on certain issues. If they can not poach any Big 12 schools, ( I think it is more likely the BIG 12 poaches the Pac) then the pickins' are pretty slim. No one they can pick up will even remotely replace the TV value they are losing in USC/UCLA. Hawaii? Honestly, that is probably their best candidate. Air Force is the only school out west left in FBS with "elite" academics, but they would never take them simply because they are a military academy. WSU, OSU, and ASU do not have what you would call "elite" academics either so they are going to have to lower their standards with that as well. Wyoming? New Mexico? State flagship schools, but just not enough "eyeballs" to be interesting. Boise State? Doubtful they would make the cut even with a reduced academic standard. Colorado St/Utah St? Would depend on if Colorado and Utah would allow them to join. SDSU/Fresno st/ San Jose St? Not sure Cal or Stanford would allow that and SJSU does not really have support and has not been very competitive in the FBS so most likely not SJSU at least and probably not Fresno either. SDSU.....EHHHH possibly? Who knows whats going to happen, but for the 2nd year in a row at least we have something interesting to discuss in these hot summer days waiting on Football to start.
07-02-2022 02:00 PM
Advertisement

Vulpes88 Offline
2nd String

(07-02-2022 02:00 PM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  Neither of those 2 are realistic ( Big 12/ AAC) at the moment for Tarleton. Its C-USA or SBC. Those are the only 2 we have a shot at getting an invite.

I can not see the PAC inviting BYU do to its religious affiliation and conservative stance on certain issues. If they can not poach any Big 12 schools, ( I think it is more likely the BIG 12 poaches the Pac) then the pickins' are pretty slim. No one they can pick up will even remotely replace the TV value they are losing in USC/UCLA. Hawaii? Honestly, that is probably their best candidate. Air Force is the only school out west left in FBS with "elite" academics, but they would never take them simply because they are a military academy. WSU, OSU, and ASU do not have what you would call "elite" academics either so they are going to have to lower their standards with that as well. Wyoming? New Mexico? State flagship schools, but just not enough "eyeballs" to be interesting. Boise State? Doubtful they would make the cut even with a reduced academic standard. Colorado St/Utah St? Would depend on if Colorado and Utah would allow them to join. SDSU/Fresno st/ San Jose St? Not sure Cal or Stanford would allow that and SJSU does not really have support and has not been very competitive in the FBS so most likely not SJSU at least and probably not Fresno either. SDSU.....EHHHH possibly? Who knows whats going to happen, but for the 2nd year in a row at least we have something interesting to discuss in these hot summer days waiting on Football to start.

Didn't think anyone would take my response seriously.

As for the Pac 12 part. Why not SMU and idk, Kansas. Any school with strong academics and good athletics should be targeted regardless of geography
07-02-2022 03:30 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

As for the Pac 12 part. Why not SMU and idk, Kansas. Any school with strong academics and good athletics should be targeted regardless of geography
[/quote]

Honestly I think their is a fair chance the Big 12 raids at least 4 if not 8 of the Schools and the PAC folds leaving WSU and OSU no other option than to join the MWC.

Everything basically hinges on ND at the moment. If they say "yes" to BIG, than they will probably go to 20. Rumored Stanford would be in if ND says yes. Then the other 2 would be Oregon and Washington, or some combo of 2 ACC teams such as UVA and UNC. The SEC would take 4 from the ACC as well Clemson, FSU, and 2 others. Maybe they take UNC and UVA and force the BIG to take in Oregon and Washington instead. I do not know exactly what is going to happen, but I think we are going to see a lot more movement before the summer is over.

I did see a RUMOR that Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado all just applied to Big 12. Like I said, its a rumor as of this posting, but I would not doubt it, just have to wait and see.
07-02-2022 03:57 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

Doubt the PAC would take SMU for 2 reasons. #1 It is a religious affiliated school and #2 it resides in Texas.
As long as Cal and Stanford have anything to say about it at least.
07-02-2022 04:03 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(07-02-2022 04:03 PM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  Doubt the PAC would take SMU for 2 reasons. #1 It is a religious affiliated school and #2 it resides in Texas.
As long as Cal and Stanford have anything to say about it at least.

Not that SMU is a serious candidate, but if Cal and Stanford really care about athletics, they will accept the schools that are the best, regardless of their location.
07-02-2022 04:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.