Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New 3-star transfer A. J. Neal
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
New 3-star transfer A. J. Neal
https://verbalcommits.com/players/a-j-neal

Had interest from several high-D1 schools

We also had a committment from Brent Davis, a transfer from the Citadel.

According to Verbal Commits, we have had the following commitments so far this recruiting season:

4 PG (one 4-star, one 3-star)
2 SG (one 4-star)
1 SF
1 C

I have no idea who all is supposed to be staying.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2022 07:13 AM by MICHAELSPAPPY.)
06-11-2022 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: New 3-star transfer A. J. Neal
Brent Davis played in 23 games for the Citadel as a freshmen. That’s good experience. He, like many of this coaches recruits, is from Florida btw.

AJ Neal had a more limited Freshman campaign at Long Beach State. LB made the NIT after just missing the Big Dance with their experience heavy team last season. Neal is also a Florida native.

If Coach can help mens BB be a more successful they’ll land a home in a league soon. That one sport is really all it takes.

4 last year were Seniors, but I do t know how many have more/how much eligibility. If they have Dibba, Corbett, and Betson, that’s already a solid team talent wise. A couple other recruits who plug the gaps and they will be a solid team.

If some of the players I listed are transferring, I have either forgotten or don’t know about it.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2022 10:48 PM by Todor.)
06-11-2022 10:34 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Betson transferred to Tulsa.
06-12-2022 07:16 AM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(06-12-2022 07:16 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Betson transferred to Tulsa.

That’s right. And that’s probably why I had a feeling I was forgetting some transfers. It’s so hard to keep all of the movement straight.

Sadly, even with their new coach, I don’t expect much out of Tulsa in the near term. Frank Haith seems to have success in his early years with other coaches players and it slowly goes down hill, before ending up being vacated due to repeated NCAA violations. Tulsa will be a long rebuild with virtually zero chance of an ncaa tourney. Betson will be a big help to them right away.
06-12-2022 08:00 AM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
Dibba transferred as well. He went to ACU.

Cougars should still have Kedrick Green, Jahsean Corbett, Teddy Bayi Bai Mandeng, and Bryce Johnson. So while not as ideal as still having Betson and/or Dibba to go along with the group.. it’s still a good core to have return.
06-12-2022 01:11 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

If the group I listed above is correct, that would mean that we have at least 12 of the 13 scholarships allocated. And you can never have too many point guards. And having two players 6-9 and taller is about all you can expect at our level.
06-12-2022 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.