Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Soccer/lacrosse field
Bookmark and Share
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Soccer/lacrosse field
It's coming along but is two weeks behind schedule. I was told it will be finished on June 15th. The teams dugouts will be headed as lacrosse is a winter sport. 07-coffee3
06-05-2022 05:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Soccer/lacrosse field
(06-05-2022 05:10 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  It's coming along but is two weeks behind schedule. I was told it will be finished on June 15th. The teams dugouts will be headed as lacrosse is a winter sport. 07-coffee3

Under May's Monday Musings I linked an article about the golf performance center and also an academic building "Sculpture Studio."

EDIT: The MLive article about EMU golf complex. Sorry Jerry, unless Paige is golfing, golfing is not my cup of tea (need a tea emoticon).

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/202...ition.html
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022 05:56 AM by emu steve.)
06-05-2022 05:53 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(06-05-2022 05:53 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(06-05-2022 05:10 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  It's coming along but is two weeks behind schedule. I was told it will be finished on June 15th. The teams dugouts will be headed as lacrosse is a winter sport. 07-coffee3

Under May's Monday Musings I linked an article about the golf performance center and also an academic building "Sculpture Studio."

EDIT: The MLive article about EMU golf complex. Sorry Jerry, unless Paige is golfing, golfing is not my cup of tea (need a tea emoticon).

Interesting, thanks for posting!

The original plan was for this facility to be built on West Campus. I suspect, however, that due to the resurgence of golf's popularity, that site was abandoned due to the potential revenue opportunities of placing it next to the golf course.

It makes sense. Currently Eagle Crest is capturing near $90/round to play in weekend prime time while the other premium courses are in the low $70's and the Crest books up early! My free golf privilege employee tee times have been narrowed considerably for this season as well. I see $100/round greens fees on the horizon before season end.

Golf course ops are managed by an LLC called Eagle Administrative Services, that is overseen by the EMU Board of Regents. I would love to see that LLC's P&L statement, my guess is that it is very solid!
06-05-2022 04:05 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(06-05-2022 04:05 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

The original plan was for this facility to be built on West Campus. I suspect, however, that due to the resurgence of golf's popularity, that site was abandoned due to the potential revenue opportunities of placing it next to the golf course.

It makes sense. Currently Eagle Crest is capturing near $90/round to play in weekend prime time while the other premium courses are in the low $70's and the Crest books up early! My free golf privilege employee tee times have been narrowed considerably for this season as well. I see $100/round greens fees on the horizon before season end.

Golf course ops are managed by an LLC called Eagle Administrative Services, that is overseen by the EMU Board of Regents. I would love to see that LLC's P&L statement, my guess is that it is very solid!

Thanks, Jerry. I was wondering how we 'all' could have so been so wrong (I was thinking when I posted this item). I thought how dumb could I be to confuse Huron River Dr (West Campus) with Huron St (Easgle Crest).

Turns out it is will be placed at a location which makes sense (and dollars, too?).

I was never convinced that placing a golf facility on west campus seemed to make sense.

Jerry, will you give us a short discourse on inflation in discretionary spending items? 03-lmfao Golf is discretionary spending and apparently inflation is alive, well and exceeding expectations in Ypsi...

Talking of inflation, last Friday I passed my gas station and saw gas at $4.75. I thought I will stop on the way home from breakfast. $4.89 an hour later.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022 04:40 PM by emu steve.)
06-05-2022 04:38 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(06-05-2022 04:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

Thanks, Jerry. I was wondering how we 'all' could have so been so wrong (I was thinking when I posted this item). I thought how dumb could I be to confuse Huron River Dr (West Campus) with Huron St (Easgle Crest).

Turns out it is will be placed at a location which makes sense (and dollars, too?).

I was never convinced that placing a golf facility on west campus seemed to make sense.

Jerry, will you give us a short discourse on inflation in discretionary spending items? 03-lmfao Golf is discretionary spending and apparently inflation is alive, well and exceeding expectations in Ypsi...

Talking of inflation, last Friday I passed my gas station and saw gas at $4.75. I thought I will stop on the way home from breakfast. $4.89 an hour later.

Personally, I paid over $5/gallon today to fill my tank, my total was $113.98 and I squeezed the pump quickly to get it to the round number. Unfortunately that momentary squeeze took the bill to $114.03. Funny to be sure.
06-05-2022 05:06 PM
CaliGlowin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TENN,LIU,CCU
(06-05-2022 04:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Talking of inflation, last Friday I passed my gas station and saw gas at $4.75. I thought I will stop on the way home from breakfast. $4.89 an hour later.

It's now over $6 here in California 03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2022 05:12 PM by CaliGlowin.)
06-10-2022 05:10 PM
Advertisement

truEMU07 Offline
Special Teams

Speaking of soccer... anyone have any intel on what happened last season? 2-13-3 is the worst for an EMU team under Scott, but they lost a lot of close games (I counted 9 one-goal defeats).

We usually try to pair our weekend trip to EMU for a football/soccer or football/volleyball weekend, but this year couldn't make it work.
06-10-2022 05:19 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Talked to the contractor yesterday. the turf should be installed next Friday. All this rain has pushed back the finish date a few days. Still hoping that the new berm will be high enough to watch soccer, lacrosse and baseball from. Just in case you don't know the lacrosse season starts in February. I don't think there well any lacrosse and baseball games on the same day or weekend. Baseball doesn't play it first home game until the end of March and I don't know the lacrosse season schedule yet.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2022 02:34 PM by emussuperfan.)
06-11-2022 02:31 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

The turf should be installed today.
06-17-2022 06:48 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(06-05-2022 05:06 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Personally, I paid over $5/gallon today to fill my tank, my total was $113.98 and I squeezed the pump quickly to get it to the round number. Unfortunately that momentary squeeze took the bill to $114.03. Funny to be sure.

Nothing funny about our gas prices, or inflation, finished good prices, baby food shortage, microchip shortage, and our economy in general :-(
06-18-2022 09:51 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(06-18-2022 09:51 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(06-05-2022 05:53 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Under May's Monday Musings I linked an article about the golf performance center and also an academic building "Sculpture Studio."

Nothing funny about our gas prices, or inflation, finished good prices, baby food shortage, microchip shortage, and our economy in general :-(

Guess it depends on your per perspective. Unemployment was 6.7 per cent in 12 20 and it's 3.6 per cent now the lowest since 1969 at the height of Vietnam War. Wages have increased to the point that the $15 per hour minimum wage has run out of steam. Michigan and other states and school districts are financially sound despite the pandemic.And soon almost every phase of US infrastructure will be improved and create jobs. Inflation hasn't been just a US problem it's a world problem. The US economy is doing better
than most countries. Getting 66 per cent vaccinated has helped open our economy. Again it depends on your perspective
06-18-2022 10:18 AM
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(06-18-2022 10:18 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(06-05-2022 04:05 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  Interesting, thanks for posting!

Guess it depends on your per perspective. Unemployment was 6.7 per cent in 12 20 and it's 3.6 per cent now the lowest since 1969 at the height of Vietnam War. Wages have increased to the point that the $15 per hour minimum wage has run out of steam. Michigan and other states and school districts are financially sound despite the pandemic.And soon almost every phase of US infrastructure will be improved and create jobs. Inflation hasn't been just a US problem it's a world problem. The US economy is doing better
than most countries. Getting 66 per cent vaccinated has helped open our economy. Again it depends on your perspective

'79 I always appreciate your outlook, it is the reason I watch MSNBC more than Fox News. I'd rather hear something dissenting to my personal views than a cheerleader for such. You make reasoned comments and I thank you for it.

That said, we do have lower inflation than most countries but we are NOT ON PAR with the large G7 economies that we should be competing with. Our inflation is indeed a problem. Besting a whole bunch of small economies like Turkey, Estonia, Lithuania, Czech Republic and Columbia while being worse than France, Canada, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom and the European Union is hardly a badge of honor. In fact it IS a failure!

Also, I am fully vaxxed and boosted as while I am politically conservative, I respect the health and welfare of those around me, I don't follow the dog-whistle of the far right. That said, please don't blindly buy into the proclamations of our state's Governor. Her more aggressive lock-down practices than Florida resulted in a higher Michigan per-capita Covid death rate than a Florida, filled with high risk retirees. She can spin it however she wants but the scoreboard doesn't lie. Couple that with her and her staff flying there while we were locked down and Michigan has egg on its face for sure.

The economy has dramatically changed for sure. Much like the wing shortage you complained about in Grand Rapids as well as the car dealer charging in excess of list price for a F-150. I, like you, think the wage increase is a good thing. Restuarant workers deserve a living wage. I'm just hoping that those bigger paychecks buy more than those smaller one's received in the past.

Lucky makes a great point, there is nothing funny here or ANY reason to feel sanguine.
06-18-2022 05:34 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

It's Saturday and still no turf. The outer edges aren't done ether. They have put wood on the inside frame to hold the turf. Also the rock isn't done close though. The goals setup looks interesting 4 holes each end I think they are for the goals anyway. Only 2 pillars for lights wonder how that's going to work. I haven't seen the plan's maybe the next time I see coach I'll ask.
06-18-2022 06:30 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(06-18-2022 05:34 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(06-05-2022 04:38 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Thanks, Jerry. I was wondering how we 'all' could have so been so wrong (I was thinking when I posted this item). I thought how dumb could I be to confuse Huron River Dr (West Campus) with Huron St (Easgle Crest).

'79 I always appreciate your outlook, it is the reason I watch MSNBC more than Fox News. I'd rather hear something dissenting to my personal views than a cheerleader for such. You make reasoned comments and I thank you for it.

That said, we do have lower inflation than most countries but we are NOT ON PAR with the large G7 economies that we should be competing with. Our inflation is indeed a problem. Besting a whole bunch of small economies like Turkey, Estonia, Lithuania, Czech Republic and Columbia while being worse than France, Canada, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom and the European Union is hardly a badge of honor. In fact it IS a failure!

Also, I am fully vaxxed and boosted as while I am politically conservative, I respect the health and welfare of those around me, I don't follow the dog-whistle of the far right. That said, please don't blindly buy into the proclamations of our state's Governor. Her more aggressive lock-down practices than Florida resulted in a higher Michigan per-capita Covid death rate than a Florida, filled with high risk retirees. She can spin it however she wants but the scoreboard doesn't lie. Couple that with her and her staff flying there while we were locked down and Michigan has egg on its face for sure.

The economy has dramatically changed for sure. Much like the wing shortage you complained about in Grand Rapids as well as the car dealer charging in excess of list price for a F-150. I, like you, think the wage increase is a good thing. Restuarant workers deserve a living wage. I'm just hoping that those bigger paychecks buy more than those smaller one's received in the past.

Lucky makes a great point, there is nothing funny here or ANY reason to feel sanguine.

The scoreboard for this Governor is record budget surpluses without federal dollars. She hasn't bankrupted the state. Remember budget deals require sign offs from a GOP legislature. I don't see a better candidate than her on the other side. You either govern using facts science and truth or you govern with chaos violence lies and anarchy. Your choice. But back to inflation the difference between Bidens stimulus and the two GOP ones is that Biden rolled out a decent vaccination effort that reopened the economy sooner than expected. When pent up demand equals limited supply prices skyrocket. Take a look at those countries you mentioned an see how much their gasoline or enegy costs them.
06-18-2022 09:34 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(06-18-2022 09:34 PM)emu79 Wrote:  
(06-18-2022 05:34 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(06-05-2022 05:06 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  Personally, I paid over $5/gallon today to fill my tank, my total was $113.98 and I squeezed the pump quickly to get it to the round number. Unfortunately that momentary squeeze took the bill to $114.03. Funny to be sure.

The scoreboard for this Governor is record budget surpluses without federal dollars. She hasn't bankrupted the state. Remember budget deals require sign offs from a GOP legislature. I don't see a better candidate than her on the other side. You either govern using facts science and truth or you govern with chaos violence lies and anarchy. Your choice. But back to inflation the difference between Bidens stimulus and the two GOP ones is that Biden rolled out a decent vaccination effort that reopened the economy sooner than expected. When pent up demand equals limited supply prices skyrocket. Take a look at those countries you mentioned an see how much their gasoline or enegy costs them.

Remember also that the so called Republican conservatives in our legislature fought her tooth and nail not to be like New York not to follow CDC guild lines. Also our weather here in Michigan is much different than Florida. Also the republicans in this refused to follow medical guidelines a lot more Florida. To compare our death rates with Florida without taking these into consideration is wrong. And another thing desantis fought against testing. Where as whitmer expanded testing. Also the White House at the time sent more ppe to states that agreed with WH at the time than those that disagreed. There are many more factors that played into these than deaths and sickness.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2022 08:47 AM by emussuperfan.)
06-19-2022 05:24 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

06-21-2022 03:01 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

The field is behind schedule. My guess is that the company has has other work that they need to get started. The foundation looks to be mostly done getting it ready for the turf. I thought it was already here. They still need to get the team's dugout started.
07-01-2022 02:32 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

The soccer field was supposed to be done by now
The lasted problem is the turf is in the middle of the Atlantic and will not now be delivered till the end of July.
07-15-2022 01:25 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

It looks like the first home game of the season against Detroit will be played at legacy field. Which is is just north of Whitmore lake just off 23. Game time is 5 pm. We have a lot of young players. 4 are from Canada. This will be a rebuilding year at best.
07-31-2022 08:23 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Unemployment is low because there are plenty of crappy part time jobs available.
07-31-2022 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.