Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Off-Season Goodbye!
Bookmark and Share
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
Off-Season Goodbye!
Of all the programs leaving C-USA, which are you most glad to see leave? 05-stirthepot

I'll go first..... ODU- In my opinion they just never fit the southern football culture, complained way too much (especially for a new FBS program that wasn't very good), & cancelled their football season during COVID.
05-04-2022 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Off-Season Goodbye!
(05-04-2022 11:46 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  Of all the programs leaving C-USA, which are you most glad to see leave? 05-stirthepot

I'll go first..... ODU- In my opinion they just never fit the southern football culture, complained way too much (especially for a new FBS program that wasn't very good), & cancelled their football season during COVID.

UAB. We were a founding program, and all of our friends left for better neighborhoods.
05-05-2022 12:13 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says losing a trip to the odu tennis facility stings a little. they will move up to the aac someday
05-06-2022 08:14 AM
Advertisement

Tech80 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I am not happy to see any school leaving, but I am rather indifferent to a few. Namely the eastern schools like Charlotte, ODU, FAU and to a lesser extent Marshall.

The ones I am most disappointed about leaving are USM, UAB, UNT, and Rice.

In the bigger picture it doesn't really matter, schools change conference mates like some people change their socks, every few years or so...
05-08-2022 07:47 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(05-04-2022 11:46 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  Of all the programs leaving C-USA, which are you most glad to see leave? 05-stirthepot

Sound jealous. Enjoy your trips to Philadelphia and Annapolis.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022 01:30 PM by mturn017.)
05-09-2022 01:29 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
(05-09-2022 01:29 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

Sound jealous. Enjoy your trips to Philadelphia and Annapolis.

Ha! Not jealous at all. We already served our time in the Sun Belt and won their first 4 conference titles. We are looking forward to our next chapter in the AAC.

Distance has never been an issue for UNT. We will gladly travel to play former P5 program Temple and our nation's naval academy. But I'm also happy the Sun Belt will be giving ODU those tighter regional rivals you have coveted.
05-11-2022 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.