Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022 Coaches Caravan
Bookmark and Share
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
2022 Coaches Caravan
The JMU Duke Club has lined up the Coaches Caravan to hit some spots in VA this year. $10 tickets for the event, a beverage, and a gift.

May 23: Richmond
May 24: Alexandria
May 25: Harrisonburg

https://jmudukeclub.com/sports/duke_club...s/schedule

Anybody going? I will be signing up for Harrisonburg's event.
05-02-2022 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jmu007 Online
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: 2022 Coaches Caravan
Signed the wife and I up for Richmond earlier this evening.
05-02-2022 11:35 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
I think it’s a great idea, hope to catch the event in NOVA.
05-03-2022 05:04 AM
bobbyjmu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
Will be attending the RVA one, always enjoy these events.
05-03-2022 06:51 AM
bobbyjmu Offline
Special Teams

Any news or tidbits from RVA one last night? Was under-the-weather and unable to attend
05-24-2022 11:46 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

Headed to the one in Alexandria tonight and was hoping somebody shed some light on last nights event so I know what to expect.
05-24-2022 12:32 PM
Advertisement

jmu007 Online
All American

FBS = $$$
NIL = annoying / sus

That about sums it up.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022 12:37 PM by jmu007.)
05-24-2022 12:36 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

Great event tonight at Port City.

Feel like maybe would have had a bigger turnout on another night or at Arlington or Tysons. Met some good folks tonight.

JB : FloSports sucks, lol. Very impressed with SBC, feels it will be the strongest G5. Need to sell out, BFS expansion plans are ready to go, and Godwin not a problem. Phase 2 is Godwin side, phase 3 is bowling in endzone. Expects most FB games on Saturday. Will know 12 days in advance if any Thursday games, but ESPN will have more Saturday games for SBC.

CC : Sunbelt great conference, we play 7 bowl teams this year. NIL a challenge but we are ready. First team to move in less than a year to full FBS schedule. ACC team that was a recent conference champ didn't want any part of playing us. Predicts 11-0 season 02-13-banana QB slot still a 3 man competition.

SO : UNC is coming to JMU for WBB on Nov 20. Working on landing a bigtime recruit with last scholly.

MB: missing out on conference tournament sucked for team. Wants everyone to show for SBC tourney in Pensacola, 6 of our 7 top players returning. One scholly left. Wants to see lots of purple at UVA, expects them to be #6. Will have a big game at UNC, expects them to be #1 and prime ESPN game.
05-24-2022 07:55 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2022 07:55 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  Great event tonight at Port City.

Feel like maybe would have had a bigger turnout on another night or at Arlington or Tysons. Met some good folks tonight.

JB : FloSports sucks, lol. Very impressed with SBC, feels it will be the strongest G5. Need to sell out, BFS expansion plans are ready to go, and Godwin not a problem. Phase 2 is Godwin side, phase 3 is bowling in endzone. Expects most FB games on Saturday. Will know 12 days in advance if any Thursday games, but ESPN will have more Saturday games for SBC.

CC : Sunbelt great conference, we play 7 bowl teams this year. NIL a challenge but we are ready. First team to move in less than a year to full FBS schedule. ACC team that was a recent conference champ didn't want any part of playing us. Predicts 11-0 season 02-13-banana QB slot still a 3 man competition.

SO : UNC is coming to JMU for WBB on Nov 20. Working on landing a bigtime recruit with last scholly.

MB: missing out on conference tournament sucked for team. Wants everyone to show for SBC tourney in Pensacola, 6 of our 7 top players returning. One scholly left. Wants to see lots of purple at UVA, expects them to be #6. Will have a big game at UNC, expects them to be #1 and prime ESPN game.

Thanks for the recap JMURocks.
I'm guessing the recent ACC champ who's scared to play us would be Pitt.
Sure do hope Sean does land that big time recruit.
05-24-2022 08:29 PM
hburg Offline

CC is quite bold to predict an 11-0 season. I would be shocked and very happy if that actually happened.
05-24-2022 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2022 10:12 PM)hburg Wrote:  CC is quite bold to predict an 11-0 season. I would be shocked and very happy if that actually happened.

I’m with CC. I always predict undefeated seasons. Seriously. Why play any game if you don’t think you’ll win?

I realize that going undefeated isn’t likely to happen, but preseason there’s no upside in telling the gathered faithful you’re hoping for a 6-5 or 5-6 W-L record. And I’d sure as Hell wouldn’t tell my team (or give off the vibe) I’d expect anything less than a win every week during the season.
05-24-2022 10:27 PM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2022 08:29 PM)olddawg Wrote:  Thanks for the recap JMURocks.
I'm guessing the recent ACC champ who's scared to play us would be Pitt.
Sure do hope Sean does land that big time recruit.

Actually thinking it may be Clemson, he said something along the lines of "was ACC champ in the past 3 years", but Pitt fits also.

Forgot to mention Sean said the AUBC floor was removed and shipped off. They expect a brand new floor (same design) with SBC logos back around Friday. Apparently its not a simple process and basically requires a full replacement for everything to match and look good.
05-25-2022 05:23 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I thought he said past 2 years, but it doesn’t make a difference it’s still Pitt or Clemson. I also would get the house on Pitt being more hesitant to play us over Clemson.
05-25-2022 08:37 AM
JMad03 Online
Heisman

I wouldn't say they are "afraid" to play us, but they just don't see any benefit in playing us. They want an easy win and we are not an easy win. The better we are, the tougher it is going to be to get P5 teams to play us. Losing to any team outside the P5 hurts them. It's a better loss than to an FCS team but still too much of a risk for them.
05-25-2022 09:10 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2022 09:10 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  I wouldn't say they are "afraid" to play us, but they just don't see any benefit in playing us. They want an easy win and we are not an easy win. The better we are, the tougher it is going to be to get P5 teams to play us. Losing to any team outside the P5 hurts them. It's a better loss than to an FCS team but still too much of a risk for them.

I think that depends. If you get to the point of being ranked like a Coastal or App St, then I think those games/wins can be very beneficial for them.

As the SBC rises in strength, getting those games could happen more.
05-25-2022 09:17 AM
jmu98 Offline
All American

I would love to play Clemson that would be a great game. I think we could get a game like that in a few years once we have established out selves in FBS and the SBC.

Pitt would be an interesting team to have turned us down as CC's brother is the new OC.
05-25-2022 09:43 AM
Advertisement

JMad03 Online
Heisman

(05-25-2022 09:17 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(05-25-2022 09:10 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  I wouldn't say they are "afraid" to play us, but they just don't see any benefit in playing us. They want an easy win and we are not an easy win. The better we are, the tougher it is going to be to get P5 teams to play us. Losing to any team outside the P5 hurts them. It's a better loss than to an FCS team but still too much of a risk for them.

I think that depends. If you get to the point of being ranked like a Coastal or App St, then I think those games/wins can be very beneficial for them.

I hope you are right. I do think we absolutely have the potential to do what App/Coastal have done (hopefully even better). The perception of the Sun Belt has changed quite a lot in the last 10 years and I expect it to get even stronger.
I still think it is going to be incredibly difficult to encourage P5 schools to play in Harrisonburg, but hopefully it can get done in the near future.
05-25-2022 11:11 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

It’s absolutely Pitt who ducked us. We got a ton of clues last night. Either Pitt or Clemson, and Clemson ain’t ducking us.
05-25-2022 03:40 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2022 11:11 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(05-25-2022 09:17 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  

I hope you are right. I do think we absolutely have the potential to do what App/Coastal have done (hopefully even better). The perception of the Sun Belt has changed quite a lot in the last 10 years and I expect it to get even stronger.
I still think it is going to be incredibly difficult to encourage P5 schools to play in Harrisonburg, but hopefully it can get done in the near future.

Why should it be more difficult than what Appy has to overcome? Boone is further from a hotbed for recruiting than is Harrisonburg. They've already scheduled Miami, UNC, Wake, and South Carolina for games in Boone. It will be tough. Lot's of phone calls and probably some creative thinking, but ASU didn't come to FBS with anything different than we have. I think averaging one every four seasons would be a good goal and help generate excitement for our program.
05-25-2022 06:08 PM
ShadyP Online
Heisman

Great caravan last night in Harrisonburg and excellent opportunity to interact with JB and coaches.
05-26-2022 09:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.