Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022-23 MEN'S BASKETBALL ROSTER
Bookmark and Share
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
I just happened to visit the Tribe Athletics website a moment ago and the 2022-23 men's basketball roster is already being shown. The roster is completely up to date with all 3 incoming Freshmen and all 3 transfers to date included on the 10 man roster.

The really important thing is that Rainers Hermanovskis is not on the roster. This means that we have 3 more available scholarships instead of 2. I wish Rainers all the best, but this is a big deal as we can now still add a post player, a wing, and a point guard to our roster.
04-21-2022 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
RE: 2022-23 MEN'S BASKETBALL ROSTER
What about Miles Hicks, the PWO? I guess he hasn't officially "walked on" yet.
04-21-2022 03:40 PM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

(04-21-2022 03:40 PM)Zorch Wrote:  What about Miles Hicks, the PWO? I guess he hasn't officially "walked on" yet.

I would guess that the roster would not reflect a walk on until the school year starts in the fall and he has actually enrolled. Also, maybe the athletic department is trying to help us know how many more scholarship spots that we have to fill.
04-21-2022 03:53 PM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

(04-21-2022 03:53 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  
(04-21-2022 03:40 PM)Zorch Wrote:  What about Miles Hicks, the PWO? I guess he hasn't officially "walked on" yet.

I would guess that the roster would not reflect a walk on until the school year starts in the fall and he has actually enrolled. Also, maybe the athletic department is trying to help us know how many more scholarship spots that we have to fill.

And it is probably against NCAA rules to show a walk on your published roster until, at the very least, the kid has enrolled and classes have started.
04-21-2022 04:07 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

(04-21-2022 04:07 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  
(04-21-2022 03:53 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  

And it is probably against NCAA rules to show a walk on your published roster until, at the very least, the kid has enrolled and classes have started.

Sure, that makes sense. .....but none of the other freshmen or transfers have enrolled yet or started any classes....so why are they allowed to be shown on the roster so soon?
04-21-2022 08:06 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: William & Mary
(04-21-2022 08:06 PM)Zorch Wrote:  Sure, that makes sense. .....but none of the other freshmen or transfers have enrolled yet or started any classes....so why are they allowed to be shown on the roster so soon?

They've all signed a national letter of intent, meaning they've agreed to the terms of accepting a scholarship from William and Mary. Basically, they are under contract.
A PWO is bound by nothing and isn't an official part of the team unless they walk on as a registered student.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022 08:16 PM by mrjoolius.)
04-21-2022 08:14 PM
Advertisement

billymac Offline
Heisman

With graduation out of the way, the school year is over. So, controlled team drills should either be under way or ready to get started. This team is certainly going to need every bit of "getting to know you" time that it can get. Lots of basic schemes to ingrain.
05-22-2022 09:13 AM
heferbovine Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: W&M Tribeu6
(05-22-2022 09:13 AM)billymac Wrote:  With graduation out of the way, the school year is over. So, controlled team drills should either be under way or ready to get started. This team is certainly going to need every bit of "getting to know you" time that it can get. Lots of basic schemes to ingrain.

Probably won't get systemically organized until the beginning of the first summer term on May 31. Second term in July is critical.
05-22-2022 04:29 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

(05-22-2022 04:29 PM)heferbovine Wrote:  
(05-22-2022 09:13 AM)billymac Wrote:  With graduation out of the way, the school year is over. So, controlled team drills should either be under way or ready to get started. This team is certainly going to need every bit of "getting to know you" time that it can get. Lots of basic schemes to ingrain.

Probably won't get systemically organized until the beginning of the first summer term on May 31. Second term in July is critical.

I was curious because Richmond and VCU, both with big turnovers in their rosters as well, are already starting.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2022 05:26 PM by billymac.)
05-22-2022 05:26 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

I see many videos posted of guys working out at home. Not sure when the team is required to report as a unit.
05-22-2022 05:30 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Mentioned in the Tribe scribes article:
"Still, getting the players acclimated with each other will be job one. That will begin when they report to campus the final week of June.

"They're going to be here to work our camp and start in the weight room," Fischer said. "We'll start and build up slowly, much like we did that first year." "
05-27-2022 09:32 AM
Advertisement

bailey472 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Multiple
I am new to the board, but have followed William & Mary for years from a distance and recently stumbled across this forum. Would really like to get others thoughts on the team and the excitement for next season
06-02-2022 01:58 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-02-2022 01:58 PM)bailey472 Wrote:  I am new to the board, but have followed William & Mary for years from a distance and recently stumbled across this forum. Would really like to get others thoughts on the team and the excitement for next season
Welcome. Scroll through the threads. You'll get everything from the glass is half full to the glass is half empty. I'd place myself in the cautiously optimistic category.
I'm more interested in hearing your thoughts being new to the board.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2022 02:17 PM by mrjoolius.)
06-02-2022 02:15 PM
bailey472 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Multiple
You all probably know more than me, so I will defer in most scenarios. Coach Shaver is a legend and I thought he did a pretty good job at William & Mary, but I thought he was let go prematurely. I thought Dane made sense as a hire, at the time, once the decision to let Tony go was in effect. It seems that it's been downhill since year 1. Maybe they can right the ship, maybe not. I am in a more of a wait and see approach; will be interesting to see what the schedule looks like. I know that the start last year was abysmal, but there was some light with the 2-0 start by a total of 2 pts and the OT loss to defending champs JMU. But it quickly fizzled away. I think the league isn't great and so hopefully because of that, as well as having an entire new team, we can make a push. I worry about so many transfers, out and in, to me William & Mary isn't a transfer U type place. But again, everyone on here probably knows more than I; we will see. Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2022 03:25 PM by bailey472.)
06-02-2022 03:23 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
I don't think, under any scenario, that we will be as bad as last year. We were outplayed and outcoached almost every game. On paper we upgraded the team by a big margin talent wise. The only player who left that really hurt was Kochera. I would be very disappointed if we win fewer than 10 games this year. Fischer is the constant. We shall see.
06-02-2022 05:07 PM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

(06-02-2022 03:23 PM)bailey472 Wrote:  You all probably know more than me, so I will defer in most scenarios. Coach Shaver is a legend and I thought he did a pretty good job at William & Mary, but I thought he was let go prematurely. I thought Dane made sense as a hire, at the time, once the decision to let Tony go was in effect. It seems that it's been downhill since year 1. Maybe they can right the ship, maybe not. I am in a more of a wait and see approach; will be interesting to see what the schedule looks like. I know that the start last year was abysmal, but there was some light with the 2-0 start by a total of 2 pts and the OT loss to defending champs JMU. But it quickly fizzled away. I think the league isn't great and so hopefully because of that, as well as having an entire new team, we can make a push. I worry about so many transfers, out and in, to me William & Mary isn't a transfer U type place. But again, everyone on here probably knows more than I; we will see. Thoughts?

I agree, but I think the reality of college athletics these days is you have to be.

Over 1,400 D1 players entered the portal, and there's 358 D1 schools. The average school had 3.9 players enter the portal. Add in seniors graduating, and a lot of teams are turning over half their roster.

Previously we were not a transfer heavy school, but at this point I think there's a bit of adapt or die.
06-02-2022 05:16 PM
Advertisement

nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
(06-02-2022 02:15 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  
(06-02-2022 01:58 PM)bailey472 Wrote:  I am new to the board, but have followed William & Mary for years from a distance and recently stumbled across this forum. Would really like to get others thoughts on the team and the excitement for next season
Welcome. Scroll through the threads. You'll get everything from the glass is half full to the glass is half empty. I'd place myself in the cautiously optimistic category.
I'm more interested in hearing your thoughts being new to the board.

You forgot the glass is cracked scenario.
06-02-2022 06:52 PM
Tribal Offline

Welcome, Bailey.

Agree with 32. It is inconceivable to think we won’t be at least better than last year. Last season, to me, was the lowest point in W&M Athletics history. It was the result of terrible decisions meets failure to adapt meets lack of talent. The talent is undoubtedly better and I think the 180 recruiting angle has been impressive. Barring injuries or some crazy world event, we should expect a minimum of 8 D1 wins in 2022-2023.

Also, nevermind the talk about others on here knowing more than you. Just write whatever comes to you and it’s bound to make more sense than most of what’s splattered across this forum.
06-03-2022 04:33 AM
Sic Semper Tyrranis Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-03-2022 04:33 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Welcome, Bailey.

Agree with 32. It is inconceivable to think we won’t be at least better than last year. Last season, to me, was the lowest point in W&M Athletics history. It was the result of terrible decisions meets failure to adapt meets lack of talent. The talent is undoubtedly better and I think the 180 recruiting angle has been impressive. Barring injuries or some crazy world event, we should expect a minimum of 8 D1 wins in 2022-2023.

Also, nevermind the talk about others on here knowing more than you. Just write whatever comes to you and it’s bound to make more sense than most of what’s splattered across this forum.

8?
06-03-2022 08:25 AM
Tribal Offline

Yep. A minimum of 8 D1 wins and doubles up our 2021 victories. That’s what I expect. 10-12 and I’d feel ok. Anything more than 12 and I’d call it a promising season…that would triple our D1 wins last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-04-2022 03:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.