ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU Fan Podcast
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
ODU Fan Podcast
Hey y'all! Myself and another longtime member of the message board decided to start a podcast. And today our first episode where we interview AJ Oliver is now live.

It's available for free on apple, amazon music, and Spotify. You can listen for free and access the links to all of those sites at the following link:
https://the-monarchists.captivate.fm/

If you enjoy the show or hate it, let me know what we did right and wrong. We want to do this right. So all feedback is greatly appreciated. And if you have any ideas of future guests, let me know that as well.
03-25-2022 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

RE: ODU Fan Podcast
(03-25-2022 02:26 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Hey y'all! Myself and another longtime member of the message board decided to start a podcast. And today our first episode where we interview AJ Oliver is now live.

It's available for free on apple, amazon music, and Spotify. You can listen for free and access the links to all of those sites at the following link:

If you enjoy the show or hate it, let me know what we did right and wrong. We want to do this right. So all feedback is greatly appreciated. And if you have any ideas of future guests, let me know that as well.

Nice!! Congrats and Best of Luck. I hope y'all will pull in players and staff from all sports as you go.
03-25-2022 02:43 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(03-25-2022 02:43 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(03-25-2022 02:26 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Hey y'all! Myself and another longtime member of the message board decided to start a podcast. And today our first episode where we interview AJ Oliver is now live.

Nice!! Congrats and Best of Luck. I hope y'all will pull in players and staff from all sports as you go.

We just sent some interview requests to the athletic department and should hear back soon. We do have our next guest already lined up and I think people will enjoy his thoughts on the athletic department.
03-25-2022 02:46 PM
ODU2011 Offline
1st String

Great stuff, Drunkard. Will certainly be tuning in.
03-25-2022 02:53 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(03-25-2022 02:46 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(03-25-2022 02:43 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

We just sent some interview requests to the athletic department and should hear back soon. We do have our next guest already lined up and I think people will enjoy his thoughts on the athletic department.

That's fantastic. I will be scribing for sure.
03-25-2022 03:14 PM
ShenValleyMonarch12 Offline
Special Teams

Awesome!!! Love having more ODU content at my fingertips.
03-25-2022 03:25 PM
Advertisement

CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

Excellent name for the podcast, cool logo, solid audio quality. Looking forward to hearing more.
03-25-2022 06:45 PM
The Flagship Online
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Just finished listening to E1. I think you guys did a great job with the questions. There was discussion on things that the casual fans don't hear about. That was great. Continue hitting on those things.

AJ was great. I think you will realize, in time, that he made things easy for you. He gave long answers that many people may not do. With that said, the early part of the interview had some awkward pauses. It got much better in the second half. Also, you can improve the transitioning to the next question by making a comment to close out the last question before leading into the next, rather than a silent pause and then asking the next question.

Going forward, reach out to people regarding questions. Hit on some funny stuff. Protect the names but it would be great to hear funny stories about their ODU experiences, road trips, locker room gags, etc. Also, road trip stories: charter vs. commercial flights, opposing fans, hotels, meals, facilities, etc.

Can't thank you enough for giving us these inside glimpses. Great work and look forward to more.
03-26-2022 06:58 AM
Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

ODU Fan Podcast
(03-26-2022 06:58 AM)The Flagship Wrote:  Just finished listening to E1. I think you guys did a great job with the questions. There was discussion on things that the casual fans don't hear about. That was great. Continue hitting on those things.

AJ was great. I think you will realize, in time, that he made things easy for you. He gave long answers that many people may not do. With that said, the early part of the interview had some awkward pauses. It got much better in the second half. Also, you can improve the transitioning to the next question by making a comment to close out the last question before leading into the next, rather than a silent pause and then asking the next question.

Going forward, reach out to people regarding questions. Hit on some funny stuff. Protect the names but it would be great to hear funny stories about their ODU experiences, road trips, locker room gags, etc. Also, road trip stories: charter vs. commercial flights, opposing fans, hotels, meals, facilities, etc.

Can't thank you enough for giving us these inside glimpses. Great work and look forward to more.

Thanks Flagship for the feedback. We really do appreciate the honesty. Hopefully, we’ll get a little better each time and deliver a product to all of our fellow fans that is both interesting and informative. We’re excited!

Everyone, please continue to share your thoughts, things you’d be interested in hearing, and potential future guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-26-2022 10:27 AM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

Thanks for doing this... I've been hoping someone would do this... Great interview...
03-28-2022 08:37 AM
MonGNARch Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Ol' Dirty
I was looking for a new podcast to listen to, will definitely be checking this out!
03-28-2022 09:56 AM
Advertisement

Stat Geek Offline
Heisman

I really enjoyed it as I was on a long ride over the weekend. Nice job.

I don't know crap about doing a podcasts but listen to plenty of them. I really wouldn't criticize but since you asked, I thought the long pauses were a bit awkward. I felt like the questions jumped around a little bit like AJ had more to say on the topic but you paused and jumped to completely new topic.

But it was great and yall did an amazing job. From my perspective, it would be cool to hear more about the inner workings of D-1 college basketball and kind of a day in the life type thing. But, Im sure AJ ...or any players would want to throw others under the bus.
03-28-2022 11:08 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

Thanks for the feedback and checking the show out, everyone. We agree with most of what we’ve heard back so far. We will due our best to make the show flow better and provide a solid product for everyone. We have some guests we’re really excited to talk to and hope to keep giving y’all reasons to tune in.
03-28-2022 06:14 PM
ODUgrad81+82 Offline
2nd String

(03-28-2022 06:14 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback and checking the show out, everyone. We agree with most of what we’ve heard back so far. We will due our best to make the show flow better and provide a solid product for everyone. We have some guests we’re really excited to talk to and hope to keep giving y’all reasons to tune in.

Hey there, sorry for the dumb question. Recognize podcasts are the current and the future and absolutely appreciate you guys getting more ODU related content out. But I like to read in the evening while we have the TV on. Probably defeating the purpose of a podcast, but is there any thought about possibly publishing a transcript we could read at some point (maybe after a reasonable time after the podcast drops)? Again, sorry if this is a stupid question.
03-28-2022 07:33 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(03-28-2022 07:33 PM)ODUgrad81+82 Wrote:  
(03-28-2022 06:14 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback and checking the show out, everyone. We agree with most of what we’ve heard back so far. We will due our best to make the show flow better and provide a solid product for everyone. We have some guests we’re really excited to talk to and hope to keep giving y’all reasons to tune in.

Hey there, sorry for the dumb question. Recognize podcasts are the current and the future and absolutely appreciate you guys getting more ODU related content out. But I like to read in the evening while we have the TV on. Probably defeating the purpose of a podcast, but is there any thought about possibly publishing a transcript we could read at some point (maybe after a reasonable time after the podcast drops)? Again, sorry if this is a stupid question.

We do have a transcript that is provided by one of the apps we implement but it’s not perfect. When folks talk over each other or mumble or speak too quickly, words are missed. It’s not perfect, but I can start providing that link.

If that is sufficient, I will add to the website tomorrow and update here when it’s completed.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022 07:40 PM by Monarchist13.)
03-28-2022 07:39 PM
Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

ODU Fan Podcast
Thank you everyone for the continued feedback, questions, and suggestions. If amenable, we’d appreciate everyone who enjoys to follow, subscribe, rate, review, and share on your favorite platform(s). The bigger the audience we have, the more political capital we build to bring the best possible guests to Monarch Nation.

03-28-2022 07:43 PM
Advertisement

ODUgrad81+82 Offline
2nd String

(03-28-2022 07:39 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  

We do have a transcript that is provided by one of the apps we implement but it’s not perfect. When folks talk over each other or mumble or speak too quickly, words are missed. It’s not perfect, but I can start providing that link.

If that is sufficient, I will add to the website tomorrow and update here when it’s completed.
That's awesome, thanks for the information. Look forward to taking a look.
03-28-2022 08:08 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(03-28-2022 08:08 PM)ODUgrad81+82 Wrote:  
(03-28-2022 07:39 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  

That's awesome, thanks for the information. Look forward to taking a look.

The transcript has been added to the website. But fair warning, it's messy. The subtitles file is created automatically and we can't edit it after it's loaded to our podcast site. Some of the issues are the file once imported creates a new line of dialog every second of the podcast, so it's broken up very oddly. And it's got a lot of grammatical errors. Those issues are why I didn't originally include it on the website.

I wish I could use a word document but that imports even worse than the SRT subtitles file.

Let me know if it is sufficient. If not, we can try to think of something else.

https://the-monarchists.captivate.fm/epi...-aj-oliver
03-29-2022 03:22 PM
Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

ODU Fan Podcast
Episode 2 should drop sometime later this week. Keep an eye out and let your friends know!

04-10-2022 11:27 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

04-12-2022 11:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.