Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monday Musings
Bookmark and Share
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Monday Musings
The Basketball season is over and it was a disappointment, lets look at the state as a whole
EMU 10-21. Ugly season, empty arena, but 5 open scholarships and the freshman looked good at times. Can Heath get his alma mater to a mac tourney title game?
Detroit Mercy 14-15 lose all time scorer, (coaches kid) how long does he hang around?? why are the d1? their arena is a dump and their old rich alum are dying off.
Oakland 20-12 disappointing finish, Kampe getting older. Nice arena, watchable style of play.
CMU 7-22 6 wins in conference. Made it to Cleveland, year 1 of new coach.
WMU 8-23 already fired coach. I think they get Washington this time, he seems out of the loop in Ann Arbor now that substitute coach Mr. M took over.
MSU 20-11 probably make tourney because of name. Struggling because they whiffed on the two Clarkston kids. How much longer does IZZO have?
Michigan 17-13. Might make the tournament on name, substitute coach did well, was the team better without howard? Team missed preseason expectations.

Conclusion: We are all struggling here in-state for basketball, two too many teams could be the culprit as we decline in population, however you could argue things have never been better in CFB with all the teams making a bowl. These thinks cycle and we will see what happens.
03-07-2022 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

RE: Monday Musings
(03-07-2022 09:58 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  The Basketball season is over and it was a disappointment, lets look at the state as a whole
EMU 10-21. Ugly season, empty arena, but 5 open scholarships and the freshman looked good at times. Can Heath get his alma mater to a mac tourney title game?
Detroit Mercy 14-15 lose all time scorer, (coaches kid) how long does he hang around?? why are the d1? their arena is a dump and their old rich alum are dying off.
Oakland 20-12 disappointing finish, Kampe getting older. Nice arena, watchable style of play.
WMU 8-23 already fired coach. I think they get Washington this time, he seems out of the loop in Ann Arbor now that substitute coach Mr. M took over.
MSU 20-11 probably make tourney because of name. Struggling because they whiffed on the two Clarkston kids. How much longer does IZZO have?
Michigan 17-13. Might make the tournament on name, substitute coach did well, was the team better without howard? Team missed preseason expectations.

Conclusion: We are all struggling here in-state for basketball, two too many teams could be the culprit as we decline in population, however you could argue things have never been better in CFB with all the teams making a bowl. These thinks cycle and we will see what happens.

Yes, I think Saddi to WMU is likely. New AD wants to make a splash and they recently got a cash infusion donation. Saddi's resume' isn't gaining anything by more time in Ann Arbor, WMU is likely to the best chance he gets to launch his career.

Izzo has "old coach" disease. It's the same ailment that afflicted Bob Knight and Steve Hawkins. They have a successful formula that once worked for them and will NOT deviate from it, unlike Coach K at Duke. Izzo stayed local with his recruiting but Detroit, Flint and Grand Rapids just aren't as flush with talent as the once were.

Howard may have been exposed this year. His team was woeful in the fundamentals and Dickinson, Brooks and Johns may have all regressed year over year. His first year was successful as he inherited a very well coached Beilein team and sprinkled in some of his great recruits. He can recruit, but can he coach?

Barbee and Heath both took over dumpster fires. Both, however, recruited splendid frosh guards and both will have a lot of scholarships open for next year. Thus the jury is still out on them.
03-08-2022 06:09 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
03-09-2022 01:49 PM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear steve,
The people on the Western board don't think the administration there, will pony up more money then he is making as an assistant coach. There are others that think he is not even interested in the job. Only time will tell.
03-09-2022 01:58 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

Going O/T for a March Sadness (beyond Madness) story.

EMU MBB and WBB were kind of underperforming, etc. etc. Delaware State (MEAC) was much, much worse.

Their men were the better of the two. They lost ALL conference games, but won TWO OOC games. A school named Cairn and Regent (it is in Virginia Beach, private religious school). They finished 357 of 358 in the NCAA Net ranking.

Their women were dreadful. They won NO games at all this season. Finished the season with 7 players, some of whom were walk-ons. Team blown out of the gym repeatedly. They finished dead last, #356 out of 356.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2022 08:27 PM by emu steve.)
03-09-2022 08:18 PM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Monday Musings
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yaho...24894.html

"There is a small chance Bates will return to the court for Memphis this season. He is back with the team and getting shots up during pregame".

Not sure where they got their information from. He was in the Lincoln gym last night watching his former school beat AA Huron.
03-10-2022 04:52 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(03-07-2022 09:58 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  The Basketball season is over and it was a disappointment, lets look at the state as a whole

UDM will play on.

https://twitter.com/TonyPaul1984/status/...x-OUR_HYuA

If this had been done during the Murphy days this forum would have erupted.
03-12-2022 06:34 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

(03-10-2022 04:52 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yaho...24894.html

"There is a small chance Bates will return to the court for Memphis this season. He is back with the team and getting shots up during pregame".

Not sure where they got their information from. He was in the Lincoln gym last night watching his former school beat AA Huron.

Will he go G League next year?

I still do not see how he picked Memphis over MSU... Strange decision.
03-13-2022 07:44 AM
truEMU07 Offline
Special Teams

(03-13-2022 07:44 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(03-10-2022 04:52 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yaho...24894.html

Will he go G League next year?

I still do not see how he picked Memphis over MSU... Strange decision.

There are a couple million of them promised courtesy of FedEx.
03-13-2022 08:21 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

Chad Bush made his NBA pro debut today. He is on the Detroit Pistons broadcast as analyst.

George Blaha is out the rest of season so they will need to replace him.

Pistons will need to use their broadcasting bench.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022 04:34 PM by emu steve.)
03-13-2022 03:53 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

How true this Tweet is (esp. true in E. Lasning, etc.).

https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/...00YTYWEpug
03-21-2022 06:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.