Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: @ UNCG
Date: February 27, 2022

Time: 4:00 PM

Opponent: UNC-Greensboro (17-12, 9-8 SoCon)

Place: Greensboro Coliseum (23,500)

Television: CBS Sports Network

Webcast: CBS Sports Digital (Cable login)

Radio online: 640WXSM.com

UNCG 2021-2022 Schedule

UNCG 2021-2022 Roster

UNCG Message Board (inactive)
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022 01:21 PM by ETSUfan1.)
02-25-2022 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
RE: Official Game Thread: @ UNCG
Job one for the Bucs is take care of the ball. "G" plays aggressive defense, and they like to get right into the ball handler's grille. Win or lose, ETSU is locked into the 8-9 game in the tournament, while UNCG is playing for seeding. If the Bucs try to mail it in, expect turnovers galore and an ugly final score.

On the other hand, a win in Greensboro would reflect well on Coach Oliver's ability to keep a team motivated and playing hard until the end.
02-25-2022 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Purdue, ETSU
I've not seen this team roll over, so would not expect that. I just want them to play hard to the end. Keep fighting.

Any word on Weber? Be nice to play 7, not 6.
02-26-2022 07:37 AM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(02-26-2022 07:37 AM)frankenheimer Wrote:  I've not seen this team roll over, so would not expect that. I just want them to play hard to the end. Keep fighting.

Yes we need Charlie to come back if he can. That one extra body means a lot during a long 40 minute game.
02-26-2022 09:45 AM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

(02-26-2022 07:37 AM)frankenheimer Wrote:  Any word on Weber? Be nice to play 7, not 6.

He's been out an exceedingly long time for a 'mere' concussion protocol. Doesn't mean that that's still not what's going on..........but it makes one wonder if it was something a bit more involved. Sheer speculation, of course.
02-26-2022 12:51 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-26-2022 07:37 AM)frankenheimer Wrote:  I've not seen this team roll over, so would not expect that. I just want them to play hard to the end. Keep fighting.

Weber at least we know what is going on. I am curious about Charles, is his ankle that bad? Is the ankle why he hasn't played. Zero mention of him in the weeks since the initial reports.
02-26-2022 01:03 PM
Advertisement

Buc76 Offline
Special Teams

Charles has bone spurs in his ankle. Will require surgery.
02-26-2022 06:04 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-26-2022 06:04 PM)Buc76 Wrote:  Charles has bone spurs in his ankle. Will require surgery.

Sucks for the kid, I know he played in too many games for a redshirt, but I wonder if Oliver will try for one?
The kid was really raw but had a lot of bounce and was highly rated, I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.
02-26-2022 06:58 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-26-2022 01:03 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  

Weber at least we know what is going on. I am curious about Charles, is his ankle that bad? Is the ankle why he hasn't played. Zero mention of him in the weeks since the initial reports.

At this point, Weber isn't going to be ready to do anything tomorrow, he wasn't back in playing shape after the ankle before the concussion and missed another 2 weeks. Let him get ready for the Tournament Win or lose tomorrow we are locked into the 8/9 game.
02-26-2022 09:44 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I think charlie has also had a concussion before, so with this being the second one, there is an even longer time to recover (and get cleared medically). Had not heard of the bone spurs, but I would imagine he is done for year
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022 10:46 PM by Buc'ed_Up.)
02-26-2022 10:44 PM
jwilson25 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: etsu,rays
Weber is out for the year
02-27-2022 10:16 AM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Good win, made it a way too scary at the end.
Yasser is developing big time.
Wish Seymour could cut down on the fouls,
but he is playing out of position.
02-27-2022 06:10 PM
JWBUC Offline
1st String

I hate Greensboro.

Thanks for beating them today especially at their home place.
02-27-2022 06:13 PM
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

Good offense, good defense, good coaching. Great overall effort. Made it too interesting at the end, but they had already put in the work to get enough cushion. Very glad to see David Sloan become a weapon again.
02-27-2022 06:16 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

Looking at the roster - ONE senior, EIGHT freshmen, new coach, and the several close losses would have spelled significant optimism for the next season, back in the day. GO BUCS.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2022 07:25 PM by Buc66.)
02-27-2022 06:42 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

Really stoked for the guys and the coaches to get a confidence boosting win before the tournament.. gritty effort with only a 6 man rotation! I really, really, hope we can keep yasser, king, and seymour from leaving. They are our foundation for next year
02-27-2022 06:54 PM
Advertisement

I_Love_ETSU Offline
Water Engineer

I am impressed with the way the team has played down the stretch. The Bucs has made some serious improvement from the way they were playing at the start and middle of the season to now. Gosh, I wish we had our three seniors coming back next year.
02-27-2022 08:41 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(02-27-2022 08:41 PM)I_Love_ETSU Wrote:  I am impressed with the way the team has played down the stretch. The Bucs has made some serious improvement from the way they were playing at the start and middle of the season to now. Gosh, I wish we had our three seniors coming back next year.

I count ONE senior, David Sloan who will certainly be missed, EIGHT freshmen, and the rest. But, this is modern college ball — perhaps freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior doesn’t mean anything anymore.

https://www.etsubucs.com/mbasketball/roster/
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022 07:54 AM by Buc66.)
02-28-2022 07:52 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-28-2022 07:52 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  
(02-27-2022 08:41 PM)I_Love_ETSU Wrote:  I am impressed with the way the team has played down the stretch. The Bucs has made some serious improvement from the way they were playing at the start and middle of the season to now. Gosh, I wish we had our three seniors coming back next year.

I count ONE senior, David Sloan who will certainly be missed, EIGHT freshmen, and the rest. But, this is modern college ball — perhaps freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior doesn’t mean anything anymore.

The Brewers would have been Seniors if not for COVID, they could have been super Seniors next year like Sloan was this year but chose not to, that's why they were honored on Senior Night!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
02-28-2022 07:59 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(02-28-2022 07:59 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(02-28-2022 07:52 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  

The Brewers would have been Seniors if not for COVID, they could have been super Seniors next year like Sloan was this year but chose not to, that's why they were honored on Senior Night!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So, the Brewers will earn their degrees in May and depart with the rest of the graduating SENIORS? And, you’re saying Sloan delayed his graduation last year and was a second year senior (super-senior) this year? Will Sloan now be earning his degree in May?
02-28-2022 09:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.