Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC move is already paying off for the SB3. Thanks, Judy!
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
SBC move is already paying off for the SB3. Thanks, Judy!
From a USM, ODU, or Marshall perspective, nothing is going to change that we are gone. However, the more Judy plays the part of the "woman scorned" and helps us makes headlines on espn.com or on twitter, there should not be any sports fan in America who does not know the Golden Eagles are going to the SBC.
Plus, recruits are getting to see that C-USA is having to take schools to court to stay with them. "But, please stay just one more year!" That sure says a lot about desirability and conference pecking order.
We sure have been in the news cycle a ton lately, so in a way, the move is ALREADY paying off for us. Thanks, Judy!
02-24-2022 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Online
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: SBC move is already paying off for the SB3. Thanks, Judy!
(02-24-2022 05:20 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  From a USM, ODU, or Marshall perspective, nothing is going to change that we are gone. However, the more Judy plays the part of the "woman scorned" and helps us makes headlines on espn.com or on twitter, there should not be any sports fan in America who does not know the Golden Eagles are going to the SBC.
Plus, recruits are getting to see that C-USA is having to take schools to court to stay with them. "But, please stay just one more year!" That sure says a lot about desirability and conference pecking order.
We sure have been in the news cycle a ton lately, so in a way, the move is ALREADY paying off for us. Thanks, Judy!

I said this from the beginning, even if they somehow find a way to make you stay, it’s all that will be talked about for every game. They should have take the stance of “goodbye, we will be just fine without you” to try some damage control. I can’t believe the remaining schools presidents didn’t think of this. Particularly with the AAC schools staying. I could kind of understand if it left them at 5 teams.
02-24-2022 05:29 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(02-24-2022 05:29 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
(02-24-2022 05:20 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  From a USM, ODU, or Marshall perspective, nothing is going to change that we are gone. However, the more Judy plays the part of the "woman scorned" and helps us makes headlines on espn.com or on twitter, there should not be any sports fan in America who does not know the Golden Eagles are going to the SBC.

I said this from the beginning, even if they somehow find a way to make you stay, it’s all that will be talked about for every game. They should have take the stance of “goodbye, we will be just fine without you” to try some damage control. I can’t believe the remaining schools presidents didn’t think of this. Particularly with the AAC schools staying. I could kind of understand if it left them at 5 teams.

The AAC 6 are already headed down the tracks on the last train out. They don’t care if the other 5 burn down the station.
02-24-2022 05:41 PM
Louisiana99 Online
All American

(02-24-2022 05:41 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(02-24-2022 05:29 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  

The AAC 6 are already headed down the tracks on the last train out. They don’t care if the other 5 burn down the station.

But still, not one of the 5 remaining presidents thought to say, hey this is going to be a no win situation here and this idea is terrible, let’s move on
02-24-2022 05:43 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
It’s hard to believe someone that hardheaded and vengeful got appointed commissioner of NCAA FBS G-5 conference. It’s even harder to believe that there are still some fans in that conference who support her.
02-24-2022 05:47 PM
HTOWN_HERD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
All CUSA has managed to do is create a bunch of headlines and Twitter mentions magnifying the fact the SBC is taking teams from them. I still can’t believe how this has all went down. I mean holy crap, I am confident that most people on this message board could have navigated these troubling waters for CUSA better than the people getting paid to do so.

If I was running CUSA, I would have quietly negotiated a nice exit price for the SBC3 and let them leave early. Try to not draw attention to the fact that my league just got raided. Then patiently wait until the AAC schools leave next year and collect all of those exit fees. Now you have a pocket full of cash to start the rebuild with while no one is really even talking about you.

Well, it’s to late for that now. They will be ridiculed for at least the next 2 years for their actions over the last couple months.
02-24-2022 06:06 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
So, related question… what is your popcorn brand of choice?

Orville Redenbacher’s
Act II
Pop Secret
Blast O Butter
Boom Chicka Pop
Great Value
Other/Other store brand
02-24-2022 06:24 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
She and the presidents are hoping to be seen as do gooders and are making every effort to point out the inequities within the current system pushing for regional realignment. Politically driven by the losers in this round of realignment. Good luck getting those states benefiting from the current system to go along. It's not happening. She making things worse for the Universities involved and they know it yet go along with the it. Pressure must be enormous.
02-24-2022 06:24 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
As with most commissioners I figure she is doing as she is told and knowing how they are I imagine tech is driving it. Their arrogance can't handle not being invited to leave too. Lol. I love it. Poor poor puppies
02-24-2022 08:29 PM
HerdFanGuest Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall

I didn't even think about recruitment. Wonder if any new recruits are purposely not going to go to a Circus school if they have the option
02-24-2022 10:26 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-24-2022 08:29 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  As with most commissioners I figure she is doing as she is told and knowing how they are I imagine tech is driving it. Their arrogance can't handle not being invited to leave too. Lol. I love it. Poor poor puppies

Really dude I know this is all you got but is there any just ANY ANY proof whatsoever that big bad Tech is behind this. Just anything. The majority of the ones fueling these conversations are the AAC6.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022 10:59 PM by theATLDawg.)
02-24-2022 10:58 PM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(02-24-2022 10:58 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  
(02-24-2022 08:29 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  As with most commissioners I figure she is doing as she is told and knowing how they are I imagine tech is driving it. Their arrogance can't handle not being invited to leave too. Lol. I love it. Poor poor puppies

Really dude I know this is all you got but is there any just ANY ANY proof whatsoever that big bad Tech is behind this. Just anything.

Which president is chairman of the cusa board since the 9 announcements. Is the pres of utep or tech? honest ?
02-24-2022 11:00 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Really dude I know this is all you got but is there any just ANY ANY proof whatsoever that big bad Tech is behind this. Just anything. The majority of the ones fueling these conversations are the AAC6.

CUSA litigation requires 75 percent approval from the 5 schools, so 4 of them have to be completely fine with this. I have no idea if Tech is in the 4.
02-24-2022 11:01 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-24-2022 11:01 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

CUSA litigation requires 75 percent approval from the 5 schools, so 4 of them have to be completely fine with this. I have no idea if Tech is in the 4.

All 11 of the remaining schools think it’s a crappy thing you are doing but most Tech fans want you to just go. And the puppies just had the best recruiting year to date. We will be fine. Repeat after me. Louisiana Tech does not hold the key to the kingdom. That is a huge story you like to tell yourselves.9
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022 11:08 PM by theATLDawg.)
02-24-2022 11:05 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(02-24-2022 11:05 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

All 11 of the remaining schools think it’s a crappy thing you are doing but most Tech fans want you to just go. And the puppies just had the best recruiting year to date. We will be fine. Repeat after me. Louisiana Tech does not hold the key to the kingdom. That is a huge story you like to tell yourselves.9

Not all 11. The majority yes, but you'll notice Charlotte and UAB have said nothing about this.

If the AAC was willing to take teams on early, I can guarantee you a few schools would have tried. They just couldn't because of the Texas/Oklahoma situation.
02-24-2022 11:16 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

So if the 11 think its a crappy thing we are doing does that mean your fine and jolly at what the league office did to one of our teams today?

While our mens team traveled by bus to dallas after a flight was cancelled, missing 3 starters to play. The nt womens team says they cant make the exact same drive. The league office says no we are not gonna make the game up no contest.
It just happens the remaining schedule favors NT, Did i mention both teams were tied for 1st.

Even during the techsters game tonight your tv guy said it was "messed up".
Thats just one of many, but the most visible and ill timed screwing we have endured since the voting coalition came into being a few years ago.
I cant wait to hear how that is impartial to a innocent group of student athletes and their coach battling a life threatening illness.

Tech may not be behind it but they are in a position to stop it.
02-24-2022 11:22 PM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Online
All American

And the other 5 schools that are staying are letting those schools dictate the conversation? So who are the idiots?
02-24-2022 11:24 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(02-24-2022 11:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Not all 11. The majority yes, but you'll notice Charlotte and UAB have said nothing about this.

If the AAC was willing to take teams on early, I can guarantee you a few schools would have tried. They just couldn't because of the Texas/Oklahoma situation.

FIU is likely to be quiet as well. Their new ad was here and married a girl from here. Getting heavily involved would be like Emhart punishing lsu.
It would make thanksgiving and christmas too uncomfortable
02-24-2022 11:25 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
There have been UAB fans talking about how crappy it is
02-24-2022 11:27 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(02-24-2022 11:27 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  There have been UAB fans talking about how crappy it is

crickets on my question though??
02-24-2022 11:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.