Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

...so, what is the next mic/shoe drop... June 30th?
Bookmark and Share
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
...so, what is the next mic/shoe drop... June 30th?
...which happens to be my birthday... COGS

...but with that, once we hit the 'official date' the SBC3 have cited as their exit from CUSA, will that be the 'end game' of this? Or will that be when the court dates are penciled in? I really would be surprised if this issue isn't negotiated prior to a full dog and pony show...

Or will the March 1 SBC schedule release be the 'tipping point' for resolution?

Hoping the best, and really fine with the SBC3 making their move now - other than UAB losing a few pretty gnarly home games...
02-15-2022 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: ...so, what is the next mic/shoe drop... June 30th?
Who the hell knows? My guess is the 3 instigate their own court action to ensure something happens before the SBC/ESPN deadlines.
02-15-2022 06:24 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
02-15-2022 07:47 PM
BamaCajun Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Leggy Red Heads
(02-15-2022 06:24 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  Who the hell knows? My guess is the 3 instigate their own court action to ensure something happens before the SBC/ESPN deadlines.

That would be the smart thing to do. cdoa is not showing any class or reason to act in a responsible manner. Additionally, filing a suit first keeps cdoa on defense; especially when the SBC3 file papers in a State other than tejas.
02-15-2022 07:59 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-15-2022 07:59 PM)BamaCajun Wrote:  
(02-15-2022 06:24 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  Who the hell knows? My guess is the 3 instigate their own court action to ensure something happens before the SBC/ESPN deadlines.

That would be the smart thing to do. cdoa is not showing any class or reason to act in a responsible manner. Additionally, filing a suit first keeps cdoa on defense; especially when the SBC3 file papers in a State other than tejas.

...yeah, may be the next step... I noted on the CUSA board (I guess I'm 'straddling', but, hey we (UAB) have a vested interest on each side at the present...) that, standing in CUSA's shoes (oof), I think the only option was to do exactly what they did, in order to discourage anyone else (notably the 'AAC6', or at least a few of them) from jumping out early as well...

I feel the SBC3 will be in the SBC this upcoming season, but with whatever costs are settled upon... ...it would be kinda goofy to require programs that publicly stated they want to leave to try to force them to stay on (bad PR hit, no doubt, regardless of a 'breach', as long as the SBC3 are willing to pony up $$$ to leave early...)
02-15-2022 08:13 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
There’s something going on.

Question is why is CUSA so hellbent on this?
02-15-2022 08:15 PM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-15-2022 08:15 PM)gdunn Wrote:  There’s something going on.

Question is why is CUSA so hellbent on this?

...I think they are still scared of the 'scorched earth' deal... I swear I thought I read somewhere that Aresco was negotiating with the 'BIGXII-3' with respect to leaving early - now that may have been for a 2023 exit instead of 2024, as I believe the ACC has a 24-month-ish 'limbo time' before you can leave (if my memories from when UCONN bailed out of the AAC are correct) - but whenever that happens, it of course opens up the AAC for the 'AAC-6' to move as a whole... IF somehow it happens THIS season, it would obviously deep-six the 2022 CUSA season, if not the conference...

Anyway, I'm sure there are a LOT of things cooking here that we aren't privy to, including the media entities... here's hoping y'all find resolution and the desired landing spots... and hope to see y'all again soon, if not this season 03-drunk 04-cheers
02-15-2022 08:28 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
The next shoe drops when the Sun Belt releases a schedule that has USM, Marshall, and ODU on it. Which will force something to happen.
02-15-2022 10:08 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
CUSA has to sue at this point. The “head in the sand” strategy can only go so far. If they just ignore reality and pretend it’s going to happen without taking real legal action then they’ll be seen as accepting the actions despite their rhetoric. **** or get off the pot.
02-15-2022 10:13 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(02-15-2022 10:13 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  CUSA has to sue at this point. The “head in the sand” strategy can only go so far. If they just ignore reality and pretend it’s going to happen without taking real legal action then they’ll be seen as accepting the actions despite their rhetoric. **** or get off the pot.

My reasonable guess is that CUSA is being as difficult as possible in public out of hope that the Sun Belt backs off and decides to not interfere, which in theory would force the other schools to back off, even though that doesn't do anything either.
02-15-2022 10:17 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
My guess is 1.5 mil per team and goodbye
02-15-2022 10:21 PM
Advertisement

GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
I think Sun Belt puts out two schedules. One with the present membership plus JMU and one with the full 14 with the caveat that this schedule is only valid if the 3 are free and clear of Cusa by a certain date.
02-15-2022 10:21 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-15-2022 10:17 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-15-2022 10:13 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  CUSA has to sue at this point. The “head in the sand” strategy can only go so far. If they just ignore reality and pretend it’s going to happen without taking real legal action then they’ll be seen as accepting the actions despite their rhetoric. **** or get off the pot.

My reasonable guess is that CUSA is being as difficult as possible in public out of hope that the Sun Belt backs off and decides to not interfere, which in theory would force the other schools to back off, even though that doesn't do anything either.

They’re definitely using the scheduling deadline to try and gain leverage. If the SB balks then we likely stay, i don’t think that’s what they actually want though. They’re just being greedy. They have a good chance of overplaying their hand though.
02-15-2022 10:23 PM
benny_t Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(02-15-2022 10:21 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  My guess is 1.5 mil per team and goodbye
1.5 mil would be the 2nd years distributions. Tack on another 4 or 500k (approximate tv distribution)for "damages" for a total of a little under 2 mil would be my completely uneducated guess lol.
02-15-2022 10:40 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(02-15-2022 10:23 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(02-15-2022 10:17 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

They’re definitely using the scheduling deadline to try and gain leverage. If the SB balks then we likely stay, i don’t think that’s what they actually want though. They’re just being greedy. They have a good chance of overplaying their hand though.

“OK, you three. You can leave….for eleventeen gajillion dollars! Muwhahahaha!

“Nah, we’re good. We’ll just ride it out with everybody else.”

“That’s what we—wait…Do what now? Hey! Come back! Let’s talk!”

I truly think they want the W above all else, but in the end, they’re still all staring at Sam Houston in 17 months. They can do it with either some extra change in their pockets or their peckers in their hands.
02-15-2022 11:11 PM
GSUdpb Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Georgia State
(02-15-2022 10:21 PM)GEAGLESJAG Wrote:  I think Sun Belt puts out two schedules. One with the present membership plus JMU and one with the full 14 with the caveat that this schedule is only valid if the 3 are free and clear of Cusa by a certain date.

Absolutely no way. Sun Belt wants to show no sign of weakness. Plus, imagine the confusion for existing member fans. How do you start planning your away game trips? How does a school sell season tickets when they can't even guarantee which team is playing which week? Will ESPN be on board for 2 tentative schedules? Hell no. Sun Belt will release a schedule with all the new members and that's it.
02-16-2022 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(02-15-2022 10:40 PM)benny_t Wrote:  
1.5 mil would be the 2nd years distributions. Tack on another 4 or 500k (approximate tv distribution)for "damages" for a total of a little under 2 mil would be my completely uneducated guess lol.

My Guess is that ESPN is working on a deal to get the B12 to invite the AAC3 to leave early, prompting the CUSA6 to leave early. This way they shut down CUSA.

This is how you lean on Judy, you don't want the SBC 3 to leave early? Sure then all 9 will leave early. Thanks ESPN :)
02-16-2022 12:49 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-16-2022 12:49 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

My Guess is that ESPN is working on a deal to get the B12 to invite the AAC3 to leave early, prompting the CUSA6 to leave early. This way they shut down CUSA.

This is how you lean on Judy, you don't want the SBC 3 to leave early? Sure then all 9 will leave early. Thanks ESPN :)

this would be interesting - I'm fine either way with our 'position' - eh, an 11-team CUSA isn't the end of the world, I guess, for ONE season... would be nice to get another championship if at all possible - but the down side is the AAC-6 teams will most likely get hosed on the field of play - maybe...

But yeah, the main reason CUSA is trying to somehow hang on the the SBC-3 is of course their product will be diminished, and if it was an 'easy' transition, the AAC-6 (or at LEAST a few of them) may well bolt in '22 as well, making it even worse for CUSA...
02-17-2022 02:19 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(02-17-2022 02:19 AM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  
(02-16-2022 12:49 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

this would be interesting - I'm fine either way with our 'position' - eh, an 11-team CUSA isn't the end of the world, I guess, for ONE season... would be nice to get another championship if at all possible - but the down side is the AAC-6 teams will most likely get hosed on the field of play - maybe...

But yeah, the main reason CUSA is trying to somehow hang on the the SBC-3 is of course their product will be diminished, and if it was an 'easy' transition, the AAC-6 (or at LEAST a few of them) may well bolt in '22 as well, making it even worse for CUSA...

CUSA hosed us.. SBC all have the same bye week (first weekend in October before conference play starts).

Then we go to UTEP and UNT back to back.
02-17-2022 07:27 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Did anyone see the tweet from"Kevin Gills burner phone". It said " I promise not to release a football schedule with make believe games!"..I saw that yesterday afternoon.
02-17-2022 08:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.