Place: Hawkins Arena (3,200)

Television: none

Webcast: ESPN+

Radio online: 640WXSM.com

Mercer 2021-2022 Schedule

Mercer 2021-2022 Roster

Mercer Message Board
02-15-2022 10:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
RE: Official Game Thread: @ Mercer
I'm guessing no Alvarez for Mercer in this one. He only appeared in the two games with UTC, and has been sitting out again since then. I'm not sure what the plan for him is.
02-15-2022 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buc1984 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: etsu ut
(02-15-2022 08:33 PM)MercerFan Wrote:  I'm guessing no Alvarez for Mercer in this one. He only appeared in the two games with UTC, and has been sitting out again since then. I'm not sure what the plan for him is.
No Charlie Weber for ETSU. He is in concussion protocol from Samford game. Bucs will basically play six guys with possible very limited minutes from Nunez and Farah. Still don’t know why Charles hasn’t dressed the past 3 or 4 games.
02-15-2022 10:07 PM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-15-2022 10:07 PM)buc1984 Wrote:  
(02-15-2022 08:33 PM)MercerFan Wrote:  I'm guessing no Alvarez for Mercer in this one. He only appeared in the two games with UTC, and has been sitting out again since then. I'm not sure what the plan for him is.
No Charlie Weber for ETSU. He is in concussion protocol from Samford game. Bucs will basically play six guys with possible very limited minutes from Nunez and Farah. Still don’t know why Charles hasn’t dressed the past 3 or 4 games.

Charles has been injured. Ankle.
02-15-2022 10:28 PM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Purdue, ETSU
In November, did anyone think we'd be at a point where we'd have only 6 "ready for primetime" players for a game? At that point, I was a little worried that there wasn't enough minutes available for the players that deserved some minutes.
02-16-2022 05:42 AM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU

I have a feeling he will not be needed.
02-16-2022 07:46 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Official Game Thread: @ Mercer
Well we broke the 4 points or less streak and they found a new way to lose, I don't think they could have thrown the ball in ocean from a rowboat in the 2nd half, 14 points??? How

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2022 01:36 AM by RodShaw2.)
02-17-2022 01:35 AM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

I did miss all the first and some of the second half, but what happened offensively in the second half? Sounded like a number of good shots simply didn't fall in the half, but why? And Sloan's offensive struggles are continuing. Offense is the one thing we have, so it's GOTTA work for us to have a chance.

Looks like we performed well enough in other aspects, at least by reviewing the box score. TOs not bad, Mercer scored in the 60s, so defense not bad. Outrebounded Mercer.
02-17-2022 05:30 AM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(02-17-2022 01:35 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Well we broke the 4 points or less streak and they found a new way to lose, I don't think they could have thrown the ball in ocean from a rowboat in the 2nd half, 14 points??? How

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Somehow we keep inventing new ways to lose.
02-17-2022 05:30 AM
Advertisement

Buc76 Offline
Special Teams

Bucs are the easiest team to defense. They cannot play inside to out. With no inside game, defense just plays at the 3pt line taking away the 3pt shot. When guards try to penetrate, they run into legitimate bigs who force them into bad shots or block their shot. Ladarius and and Ty rarely cut to the basket to give the guard a passing option.
02-17-2022 11:54 AM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

These guys are deflated mentally and physically. Hate they are going through this. What a difference two years makes..
02-17-2022 12:58 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(02-17-2022 12:58 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  These guys are deflated mentally and physically. Hate they are going through this. What a difference two years makes..

They are playing about as well as they can, in my opinion. Hard to win in D1 basketball with 6 wings and a 4. It is what it is.

From #26 in the nation to near last in the conference in 2 years.
02-17-2022 01:34 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

At this point I just hope King and Seymour don't want to leave after the year is over
02-17-2022 01:42 PM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-17-2022 01:42 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  At this point I just hope King and Seymour don't want to leave after the year is over

As I said in another thread I am worried about King.
The players I want to keep to build on King, Seymour and Yasser.

I have heard good things about Strothers (ball handler( and the transfer Tipler (sounds kind of like King) so I want to see what they got (keeps)
And to be honest I want the 3 guys he signed to come in and see
what they got, a supposedly skilled Big man (Ilic) a bruiser (Gregory) and a rangy wing (Shaw)
So that is 8 guys.
The rest (including Weber) honestly would like to see a few (2-3) leave so we can
address some holes we have.
Haven't seen Hall at all, really haven't seen Farah so can't miss what you don't know.
Nunez has size, looks like a project might be useful down the road but wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left and we got someone who can help immediately not in the future.
Weber, He showed a flash this year but after the injury he has gone back to Meh.
Wouldn't mind if he stayed as a role player but not as someone the team NEEDS to rely on.
Charles, Wouldn't mind seeing him stay, he is raw but athletic, but again hasn't been able to contribute that much this year for various reasons. He could develop down the road but if he left we wouldn't be losing anything NOW.

Also I think most of us have written off the Brewer brothers as turning pro, but curious how others feel about them staying?

It might be nice short term and I like them, they have both played hard for the Blue and Gold but if they do leave it might be
better long term in allowing Oliver to start building the program he wants with his players.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2022 02:02 PM by RodShaw2.)
02-17-2022 02:00 PM
squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-17-2022 02:00 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(02-17-2022 01:42 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  At this point I just hope King and Seymour don't want to leave after the year is over

As I said in another thread I am worried about King.
The players I want to keep to build on King, Seymour and Yasser.

I have heard good things about Strothers (ball handler( and the transfer Tipler (sounds kind of like King) so I want to see what they got (keeps)
And to be honest I want the 3 guys he signed to come in and see
what they got, a supposedly skilled Big man (Ilic) a bruiser (Gregory) and a rangy wing (Shaw)
So that is 8 guys.
The rest (including Weber) honestly would like to see a few (2-3) leave so we can
address some holes we have.
Haven't seen Hall at all, really haven't seen Farah so can't miss what you don't know.
Nunez has size, looks like a project might be useful down the road but wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left and we got someone who can help immediately not in the future.
Weber, He showed a flash this year but after the injury he has gone back to Meh.
Wouldn't mind if he stayed as a role player but not as someone the team NEEDS to rely on.
Charles, Wouldn't mind seeing him stay, he is raw but athletic, but again hasn't been able to contribute that much this year for various reasons. He could develop down the road but if he left we wouldn't be losing anything NOW.

Also I think most of us have written off the Brewer brothers as turning pro, but curious how others feel about them staying?

It might be nice short term and I like them, they have both played hard for the Blue and Gold but if they do leave it might be
better long term in allowing Oliver to start building the program he wants with his players.

I guess I see more upside in Nunez than you do. It's tough to evaluate real game prowess without consistent minutes. Practice can give you a hint, but not always. Sometimes the light will turn on, sometimes it doesn't. I've trained in a simulator before, but the actual hands-on proved invaluable. I do think it's time for the Brewer brothers to go and seek their fortune in life.
02-17-2022 02:33 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-17-2022 02:33 PM)squeak Wrote:  
Quote:Nunez has size, looks like a project might be useful down the road but wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left and we got someone who can help immediately not in the future.

I guess I see more upside in Nunez than you do. It's tough to evaluate real game prowess without consistent minutes. Practice can give you a hint, but not always. Sometimes the light will turn on, sometimes it doesn't. I've trained in a simulator before, but the actual hands-on proved invaluable. I do think it's time for the Brewer brothers to go and seek their fortune in life.

Didn't say he doesn't have an upside (probably do disagree on how big) but if I had to choose between developing him over the next 2 years or getting a JUCO big or a transfer with a couple of years left who could come in and contribute NOW I will take option B
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2022 04:42 PM by RodShaw2.)
02-17-2022 04:37 PM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

There was a question about our feelings if the Brewer brothers (one or both, I assume).
They are both so stinking athletic, I would like for them to stay. I've seen Ty develop more motivation to fight for the ball and defend. And he's not done awful when having to defend the post against a bigger guy.
LA is a little tougher. He's been pretty good offensively and he will penetrate on the offensive end. When he's motivated, he's been a decent defensive player. If I read his bio right, this is his 5th year out of high school; at some point you've got to move on with your life. So how much would it help both the Bucs and him to stay? I do not have the answer for that one.
02-17-2022 07:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.