Place: Freedom Hall (6,194)

Television: none

Webcast: ESPN+ (subscription)

Radio online: 640WXSM.com

Samford 2021-2022 Schedule

Samford 2021-2022 Roster

Samford Message Board
02-11-2022 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Purdue, ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: Samford
Goal #1 today is to see if Weber can avoid getting his first foul within one minute of entering the game. I said a naughty word when he did it Monday and I don't want to say a naughty word again. Practically, he's capable of giving at least 10-15 quality minutes and letting Ty and Seymour get a few more minutes on the bench so they can be a little fresher the last five minutes.
02-12-2022 06:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(02-12-2022 06:56 AM)frankenheimer Wrote:  Goal #1 today is to see if Weber can avoid getting his first foul within one minute of entering the game.

*Technically* he made it, but that foul they called on L.A. could just as easily been called on him. They both got him.
02-12-2022 04:33 PM
Heisman

Been meaning to ask this for a while, but does anybody know what's going on with the radio feed? It's been messing up parts of *every* game now for about a month. Seems like they ought to be able to figure that out. Something that's systemic. Sounds like a connection keeps getting loose or similar. It's really embarrassingly bad.
02-12-2022 05:38 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Didn't see that coming....
02-12-2022 06:05 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

Just a matter of what time we play on Friday in Asheville.
02-12-2022 06:09 PM
Advertisement

shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
Not sure I agree with decision to begin fouling down 2 with a hair over 30 seconds on Samford’s possession…
02-12-2022 06:10 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(02-12-2022 06:10 PM)shampoo Wrote:  Not sure I agree with decision to begin fouling down 2 with a hair over 30 seconds on Samford’s possession…

As always, it took a series of blunders down the stretch to lose this game.
02-12-2022 06:21 PM
squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
It might be time for the coach to get T'd up instead of one of the players doing it for him.
02-12-2022 06:28 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-12-2022 06:28 PM)squeak Wrote:  It might be time for the coach to get T'd up instead of one of the players doing it for him.
Nobody needed to get a T at that moment

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
02-12-2022 06:44 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

We need more than technicals to win these games. We just need to make the plays instead of blowing them. We blew play after play down the stretch until we finally lost.
02-12-2022 06:54 PM
Advertisement

Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I really like Seymour and his future in the program, but i feel he made a freshmen mistake when he tried to catch king's pass with one hand at the top of the key with ~35 seconds left and turned it over, leading to two free throws for ques glover. Big swing at the end. Obviously there were many other chances throughout the game to win, but that one seemed to effectively end it
02-12-2022 07:28 PM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

(02-12-2022 04:33 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  
(02-12-2022 06:56 AM)frankenheimer Wrote:  Goal #1 today is to see if Weber can avoid getting his first foul within one minute of entering the game.

*Technically* he made it, but that foul they called on L.A. could just as easily been called on him. They both got him.
I didn't put any rules on how he had to avoid it, so he made it!
He was able to get double digit minutes and I thought he was a positive contributor.
02-12-2022 07:44 PM
Heisman

frankenheimer Wrote:He was able to get double digit minutes and I thought he was a positive contributor.

Indeed. His best game in a while. Was more aggressive going to the hole.
02-12-2022 07:50 PM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

(02-12-2022 06:10 PM)shampoo Wrote:  Not sure I agree with decision to begin fouling down 2 with a hair over 30 seconds on Samford’s possession…
I would have preferred going after a steal and fouling in the process, not just intentionally fouling. Frankly, fouling was the better option than trying for a defensive stop. We just could not get a stop the last couple minutes.
02-12-2022 07:57 PM
WingedWarrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Go Bucs!
I was probably less frustrated with today’s loss than I was with the Furman win. At least we didn’t go stone cold for lengthy periods of time.
02-12-2022 07:59 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

I suspect you realize this........but the point of fouling quickly was because we had to get enough team fouls in order to make them shoot FTs. We only had 4 team fouls at that point. That's about the third time this year we've encountered that 'problem'.
02-12-2022 08:07 PM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

(02-12-2022 07:28 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  I really like Seymour and his future in the program, but i feel he made a freshmen mistake when he tried to catch king's pass with one hand at the top of the key with ~35 seconds left and turned it over, leading to two free throws for ques glover. Big swing at the end. Obviously there were many other chances throughout the game to win, but that one seemed to effectively end it
This year's team overall doesn't intentionally take care of the ball and I hope Seymour doesn't continue some of the bad habits I've seen this year with that. I think he's smart enough to learn the importance of the extra effort to take care of the ball. That particular possession, he just panicked when he didn't really need to. It was not a great pass and you have to make the extra effort to go to the ball, not just reaching out. I like Seymour as well and think he's going to be superb contributor. I could see him being a double-double kind of player.
02-12-2022 08:09 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-12-2022 07:57 PM)frankenheimer Wrote:  
I would have preferred going after a steal and fouling in the process, not just intentionally fouling. Frankly, fouling was the better option than trying for a defensive stop. We just could not get a stop the last couple minutes.

we had fouls to give and had to get them into the bonus, we had to foul.
02-12-2022 08:14 PM
frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

(02-12-2022 05:38 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  Been meaning to ask this for a while, but does anybody know what's going on with the radio feed? It's been messing up parts of *every* game now for about a month. Seems like they ought to be able to figure that out. Something that's systemic. Sounds like a connection keeps getting loose or similar. It's really embarrassingly bad.
They might be struggling since all the Radio Shacks are gone.

Can the tech guys go over some weekday and test their set up? Seems like you could performance test your stuff without doing a broadcast. I like the radio broadcast; it'd be a shame to ruin it because you can't broadcast.
02-12-2022 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.