WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New York Times
Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
New York Times
https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nyt...f49843c5f6

Remove the US as a deterrent how would any one else remaining be able to protect themselves against these two? Be it economically, politically or militarily?

They share common goals in Ukraine and Taiwan being a physical example and consequence. But deeply rooted and widely (geographic) conflicting tensions have, do and will exist. So let to run it’s course there will be only one survivor. Anything or anyone caught in between simply a necessary casualty.

That would includes current proxies like Vietnam, N. Korea, Venezuela and the like. They’re simply being used. Convenient idiots.

Who or what other the United States can offer a clear and effective alternative?

Well not if the US is simply a “progressive” Mini Me or a Pimp for major global corporations.

How does America return to being exceptional? A force that would provide a clear alternative?
02-09-2022 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
RE: New York Times
The military industrial complex will always find a way to justify America's involvement. When we have pass-through legislation that funds the Military at $750+ Billion annually, they will need to justify the expense.

Far too many entities exist as part of - or auxiliary to - our federal government that are militarily driven. Step one: audit the Pentagon.

Will it ever happen? Not in my lifetime.
02-09-2022 08:56 AM
Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

(02-09-2022 08:56 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  The military industrial complex will always find a way to justify America's involvement. When we have pass-through legislation that funds the Military at $750+ Billion annually, they will need to justify the expense.

Far too many entities exist as part of - or auxiliary to - our federal government that are militarily driven. Step one: audit the Pentagon.

Your point?
02-09-2022 09:00 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(02-09-2022 09:00 AM)Cucumber Salad Wrote:  
(02-09-2022 08:56 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  The military industrial complex will always find a way to justify America's involvement. When we have pass-through legislation that funds the Military at $750+ Billion annually, they will need to justify the expense.

Your point?

Letting it "run it's course" is not and will never be an option.
02-09-2022 09:14 AM
Advertisement

Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

(02-09-2022 09:14 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  
(02-09-2022 09:00 AM)Cucumber Salad Wrote:  

Your point?

Letting it "run it's course" is not and will never be an option.

How does your comment regarding the military industrial complex tie into the article and the questions I raised. Not disagreeing with your points I’m just not clear.
02-09-2022 11:40 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Curious how you define America being "exceptional". My interest is in America providing the best standard of living possible for its own citizens, not in exceptionally projecting power militarily across the globe
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022 01:57 PM by wmubroncopilot.)
02-09-2022 01:56 PM
ElFanatico Offline
1st String

I Root For: David Kool 3's
(02-09-2022 01:56 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  My interest is in America providing the best standard of living possible for its own citizens, not in exceptionally projecting power militarily across the globe

It'd be amazing if our country was concerned about that. But that's not how our system works. Transferring wealth from people to corporations to a much smaller group of people is all we've got. That's true whether you're looking at transferring tax revenue through to the Raytheons and Northrup Grummans of the world, to taking individuals money and enriching insurance companies, hospital groups, medical equipment and pharmaceutical manufacturers.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/life-...xpenditure
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022 02:22 PM by ElFanatico.)
02-09-2022 02:18 PM
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Oh no question about it.
02-09-2022 02:33 PM
Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

(02-09-2022 02:18 PM)ElFanatico Wrote:  
(02-09-2022 01:56 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  My interest is in America providing the best standard of living possible for its own citizens, not in exceptionally projecting power militarily across the globe

It'd be amazing if our country was concerned about that. But that's not how our system works. Transferring wealth from people to corporations to a much smaller group of people is all we've got. That's true whether you're looking at transferring tax revenue through to the Raytheons and Northrup Grummans of the world, to taking individuals money and enriching insurance companies, hospital groups, medical equipment and pharmaceutical manufacturers.

I’m curious, what do you and your spouse do for a living?
02-09-2022 04:50 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

(02-09-2022 04:50 PM)Cucumber Salad Wrote:  

Literally has NOTHING to do with his statement. Everything he said is 100% true and is easily provable by looking at the last 50+ years of american history. either refute his argument on its merits or stop. Nobody cares about your bait wars.
02-10-2022 10:19 PM
Advertisement

WesternDave Offline
1st String

(02-10-2022 10:19 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  

Literally has NOTHING to do with his statement. Everything he said is 100% true and is easily provable by looking at the last 50+ years of american history. either refute his argument on its merits or stop. Nobody cares about your bait wars.

That is literally all he does in these threads. At least he didn't ask how many kids or grandchildren they have. He isn't here to have a real discussion in good faith.
02-11-2022 01:12 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Don't ask people personal questions on this board. If you want, you can ask in PM. But individuals have no obligation to divulge any personal information publicly or privately.
02-13-2022 10:59 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(02-10-2022 10:19 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  

Spot on.

He has nothing, and cannot refute the point.

When truth fails you, misdirection is all that is left.
02-13-2022 04:31 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

Life expectancy in the US is about 5 yrs longer than the World on average. Many expensive procedures/hospitalizations late in life buy little extra time- diminishing returns.
02-16-2022 05:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.