UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bracket Matrix (Feb 12th update) - UAB on 46 brackets.
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Bracket Matrix (Feb 12th update) - UAB on 46 brackets.
North Texas appears on 80 brackets.

Bracket Matrix
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022 10:51 AM by HiddenDragon.)
02-08-2022 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
RE: Bracket Matrix (Feb 7th update)
4th team out in Lunardi's latest bracket.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/...-men-field
02-08-2022 10:37 AM
Engblazr Offline
Special Teams

Why do I feel like something stupid is going to happen and FAU or Charlotte win the tournament and snag our one bid and UAB and UNT end up in NIT
02-08-2022 10:53 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Could very well happen… UNT plays like 6 guys and we have a well documented history of sucking in games where we don’t have a week off…
02-08-2022 11:06 AM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

(02-08-2022 10:53 AM)Engblazr Wrote:  Why do I feel like something stupid is going to happen and FAU or Charlotte win the tournament and snag our one bid and UAB and UNT end up in NIT

FAU has been sneaky this year. They are currently 1st in the East now and they beat La Tech by 10. Their game against UNT on 2/17 will be interesting as they have yet to play each other this season.
02-08-2022 11:32 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

FAU is much better than people think.
Rice is better than people think; they are the typical thing wrong with C-USA — not good enough to contend themselves but good enough to wreck a couple of seasons.
Marshall is sneaky too because no way should their record be what it is with the roster they have.
02-08-2022 11:49 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
FAU has been well coached IMHO. They have a good one.
02-08-2022 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Any game on the road could be a potential loss for us.

And even though we played really well offensively against MTSU, we still let them score almost 80 points on us and we gave up a TON of open threes. If jelly has even an average game against them, we lose.
02-08-2022 01:52 PM
notnow Offline
1st String

Average as in he didn't hit 9 threes?
I think we are very good. The toughest thing for a coach is to get his guys to play with a strong intensity vs teams they should beat. And to play with no mercy until the final buzzer. I have faith in our coaches and players to find a solution in tough situations. We have had players step up in big moments all year. Ertel, Jackson, Brown, Johnson, Toney and Rongie too.
LeBlanc is hitting free throws and Jemison has had great moments too. Lovan and Buffen will be a big part of any win if Jelly has an average game. The cupboard is full. So is the glass.
02-08-2022 04:57 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2022 04:57 PM)notnow Wrote:  Average as in he didn't hit 9 threes?
I think we are very good. The toughest thing for a coach is to get his guys to play with a strong intensity vs teams they should beat. And to play with no mercy until the final buzzer. I have faith in our coaches and players to find a solution in tough situations. We have had players step up in big moments all year. Ertel, Jackson, Brown, Johnson, Toney and Rongie too.
LeBlanc is hitting free throws and Jemison has had great moments too. Lovan and Buffen will be a big part of any win if Jelly has an average game. The cupboard is full. So is the glass.

Average as in he only scores 20 points, not 42, and we lose. We haven't played with consistent intensity and focus all year long. Been an issue since day one. Hopefully they get it together, bc as we've seen, if they don't come out focused we are more than capable of losing to bottom feeders and derailing our season.

Despite the steals and blocks, hot shooting, and record setting performances, We didn't play well on defense on Saturday. We gave up open threes all day long. We have an average day on offense and Saturday goes down as an L. Still waiting on the team to take every minute of every game seriously. They haven't done it yet.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022 05:07 PM by The Answer UAB.)
02-08-2022 05:05 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

South Carolina playing Kentucky right now - would be a nice upset for our cause...
02-08-2022 07:09 PM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Jerry Palm doesn't even have us or UNT on the bubble.
02-09-2022 02:10 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-09-2022 02:10 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Jerry Palm doesn't even have us or UNT on the bubble.

Jerry is always hard on UAB. That said, regardless of what our NET is our best resume win is against St. Louis who is also a bubble team on Lunardi's bracket.
02-09-2022 04:08 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

RE: Bracket Matrix (Feb 8th update) - UAB on 59 brackets.
(02-09-2022 04:08 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(02-09-2022 02:10 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Jerry Palm doesn't even have us or UNT on the bubble.

Jerry is always hard on UAB. That said, regardless of what our NET is our best resume win is against St. Louis who is also a bubble team on Lunardi's bracket.

St. Louis has won 6 in a row!
02-09-2022 09:41 PM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(02-09-2022 09:41 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  

We really need San Fran & WVU to stop shitting the bed. Can't believe USF lost at home to Portland.

At least New Mexico has improved (in KenPom ranking at least), and Morehead State keeps winning.

Something for AK to think about for future schedules is that we should probably have one huge game on the schedule every season. Murray State's 13 point loss at Auburn this season has really carried their ranking (that and they're just a flat out good team). Obviously this is easier said than done (who really thought Auburn would be a 1 seed?) though.
02-10-2022 12:00 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(02-10-2022 12:00 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  

We really need San Fran & WVU to stop shitting the bed. Can't believe USF lost at home to Portland.

At least New Mexico has improved (in KenPom ranking at least), and Morehead State keeps winning.

Something for AK to think about for future schedules is that we should probably have one huge game on the schedule every season. Murray State's 13 point loss at Auburn this season has really carried their ranking (that and they're just a flat out good team). Obviously this is easier said than done (who really thought Auburn would be a 1 seed?) though.

San Fran and WVU are kind of a double edged sword for us. Them winning helps our SOS/Net, but we're semi competing with them for a slot. San Fran - currently in, but could fall into bubble competition with us with more losses. Probably best for us that they win. WVU - currently behind us even though they have the head to head. We need them to win enough to stay above 75 in the Net to avoid them becoming a Q3 home loss, but not so much that they overtake us in the bubble conversation.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022 12:10 PM by hooverblazer.)
02-10-2022 12:08 PM
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Offline
All American

(02-10-2022 12:00 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  

Good point about trying to play at least one elite-level team. Maybe that will be a little easier to schedule in the AAC.
02-10-2022 03:28 PM
Plaid Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

I'd bet we get Auburn at Legacy Arena next year.
02-10-2022 03:40 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Morehead St. just absolutely choked against Belmont. They led like 90% of the game. Double whammy against us … another bubble team gets a win and an opponent takes the L when they could’ve had a big road win
02-10-2022 10:11 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I was listening to ESPNU do a blind resume of UAB and Miami. UAB has the better KenPom and NET but also has a 165 SOS and a Quad 4 loss, Miami has a much better SOS and no Quad 4 loss. Miami NET is 72 and KenPom is 70.

The objective was to listen to the resumes without knowing the teams and pick which one would get an at-large bid. One guy picked UAB and the other picked Miami. Miami has the better wins if you do the eye test though and this is why I think the lack of quality wins from UAB will hurt their at-large chances tremendously.
02-11-2022 07:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.