Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Leaked Audio Reveals Highly Contentious Meeting Between DHS Sec. Mayorkas and Border
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Leaked Audio Reveals Highly Contentious Meeting Between DHS Sec. Mayorkas and Border
Quote:While it has taken a bit of a backseat to other news, unjustifiably in my opinion, the crisis at the border continues to only worsen. Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants are crossing a year, with the Biden administration doing absolutely nothing to stem the tide.

On Tuesday, that was illustrated after Bill Melugin released a video showing the federal government releasing illegal immigrants into the interior, where they were then put on planes bound for various cities across the country. There appears to be no real system in place to keep track of or litigate their cases.

But as bad as things appear to those of us reading about this stuff from our living rooms, imagine how the Border Patrol agents actually tasked with policing the border feel. They must be incredibly frustrated that their efforts are not only being wasted but are being actively inhibited.

Well, we don’t have to imagine anymore because leaked audio of a meeting between DHS Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas and CBP agents in the Yuma sector offers a clear window into the tensions. This comes via Julio Rosas over at Townhall.

In an audio recording of his remarks to the agents, which was obtained by Townhall, Mayorkas conceded the massive influx of people illegally crossing into the sector, along with the rest of the southern sectors, has not been easy.

“The job has not gotten any easier over the last few months and it was very, very difficult throughout 2021. I know apprehending families and kids is not what you signed up to do. And now we got a composition that is changing even more with Cubans, Venezuelans, Nicaraguans, and the like, it just gets more difficult,” Mayorkas said in the recording.

Mayorkas said DHS is trying to work with the Mexican government to stop the flow of immigrants before they reach the U.S. border.

“I know the policies of this administration are not particularly popular with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, but that’s the reality and let’s see what we can do within that framework,” Mayorkas added.

Mayorkas’ honesty about the unpopularity of his administration’s policies is a welcome development, but it begs the question of why he is demanding the CBP operate within what we know is a failing framework? Is this about politics or doing things that could actually help the situation? As head of DHS, it would seem to be Mayorkas’ job to make the necessary changes to secure the border and not anger and antagonize those who are putting their lives on the line daily to do so.

Yet, Mayorkas seems to suggest things are out of his hands, which is an incredible admission. One, it shows how tense things have become, to the point where Biden and his handlers are allowing an abject humanitarian crisis to continue for political purposes. Two, it illustrates how much of a coward Mayorkas is. If he sees the administration’s policies aren’t working and are causing harm, he should be speaking out and resigning, not whispering to CBP agents behind the scenes (he didn’t know this audio would go public) to suck it up and keep failing. This is clearly a man with no integrity at all, which isn’t a surprise given his political history.

Mayorkas’ lack of any real answer for the current catastrophe led one agent to chastize and turn his back on the DHS head.

According to sources present at the meeting and the audio recording, the agent who asked the question then turned his back on Mayorkas.

“Let me just say, you can turn your back on me but I won’t turn my back on you,” Mayorkas said. The agent replied Mayorkas turned his back on the agents first.

Unfortunately, as per the trend with this administration, Mayorkas tried to make everything about himself, citing that he gets death threats when an agent complained of being demonized. Later, he snapped back at the agent who originally criticized him, citing his supposed superior resume.

Mayorkas can be then heard going back to the first agent who turned his back on him and asked how long he had been part of Border Patrol. When the agent replied with 16 years, Mayorkas said he was prosecuting death penalty cases in California, “You don’t know anything about me.”

The agent said he knows Mayorkas has had a long career, but “you said you’re going to change it, the only that’s changed is it’s gotten worse.”

Frankly, what Mayorkas was doing in California is completely irrelevant. What these agents care about is not risking their lives for a job they aren’t even being allowed to do properly. Unfortunately, the CBP is being run by a man named Raul Ortiz, who was put in place by Joe Biden. Instead, of caring about the concerns of his agents, he blamed them for daring to hold Mayorkas responsible.

One exasperated agent told Mayorkas the situation in the Yuma Sector was much better under former President Donald Trump because “everyone was doing their jobs.”

In the recording, Border Chief Patrol Raul Ortiz did not seem happy with the questions being asked because, according to him, it came off as griping instead of coming to Mayorkas with solutions.

Pro-tip: It is not the job of field agents to “offer solutions” to the head of DHS, otherwise, what is the point of Mayorkas having his position? Still, many CBP agents have complained of being sandbagged by Washington, forced into impossible situations. Want a solution? How about not doing that?

Unfortunately for the rank and file at CBP, they are going to have to ride this out or move on to a different line of work. There is no indication the Biden administration is going to change course.

Link
01-26-2022 01:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
RE: Leaked Audio Reveals Highly Contentious Meeting Between DHS Sec. Mayorkas and Border
Just more evidence that this Administration is basically working like hell to tear America apart with their insane policies. A quick list:
1. The pathetic situation at the Southern Border, the withdrawal out of Afghanistan and the absolute giving away of Bagram Air Base to China
2. The raging inflation and supply chain collapse that this Administration cannot - or WILL NOT - solve
3. The criminal acts and violence against citizens and police escalating in mainly blue cities in blue states often due to local DA's deciding the not prosecute certain crimes
4. COVID used as a weapon against this society by demonizing parents complaining to their school boards while ceding control to teacher unions
5. Russia now controlling the Ukraine situation as Biden* is being neglected by the EU and kept in the dark.

Biden* is an Alzheimer-riddled pathetic joke. He is useless except for boosting ice cream and Depends sales.
01-27-2022 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
Leaked Audio Reveals Highly Contentious Meeting Between DHS Sec. Mayorkas and Border
Mayorkas wants as many pouring in as possible. He's doing exactly what he was hired to do.

I know it will sound terrible but we should implement a shoot on site policy. I don't know how else you actually stop it. Everybody knows our system is a joke.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022 09:07 PM by b2b.)
01-27-2022 09:05 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

RE: Leaked Audio Reveals Highly Contentious Meeting Between DHS Sec. Mayorkas and Border
Shocking Leaked Video Shows Biden Officials Clashing With Desperate Border Patrol Agents

Quote:With the situation at the border long past the point of being untenable, the clashes between the rank and file and the Biden officials tasked with leading them are becoming more public.

As RedState reported on Wednesday, Julio Rosas of Townhall obtained leaked audio from a contentious meeting in Yuma, AZ. In it, border patrol agents questioned the leadership of DHS head Alejandro Mayorkas in less than flattering terms, culminating in the following scene.

According to sources present at the meeting and the audio recording, the agent who asked the question then turned his back on Mayorkas.

“Let me just say, you can turn your back on me but I won’t turn my back on you,” Mayorkas said. The agent replied Mayorkas turned his back on the agents first.

That wasn’t the only stop Mayorkas and CBP head Raul Ortiz made, though. They visited other border patrol sectors and things didn’t go any better for them. Now, a leaked video has emerged showing a blistering confrontation between Ortiz and agents in Laredo. Mayorkas was present.

What you see if you watch the video is Ortiz yelling at agents, insisting that they raised their hand and took an oath to do “the job we signed up for.” He claims they must continue to fulfill the mission of the agency, but one agent retorts that they swore to uphold the Constitution. Things devolved from there, with Ortiz growing more upset and forcefully accusing agents of getting bogged down in politics.

From there, multiple agents spoke up, noting that Ortiz is such a partisan figure that he won’t even use the phrase “illegal immigrant.” When pressed, he said “you just said” it while refusing to say it himself, again accusing the agents of getting caught up in semantics. Towards the end of the clip, you hear more complaints about the amount of fentanyl getting across the border.

In the above Twitter thread, you can follow a link to Ali Bradley’s Facebook page in order to see an extended version of the exchange.

I don’t see how this situation continues for much longer. You’ve got men who risk their lives to ostensibly keep the border safe and secure and they are being kneecapped by woke partisans in Washington. Biden has put in positions of power over them absolute hacks who refuse to speak up against the administration. Things are deteriorating further, with secret flights taking place to dump illegal immigrants (mostly young, single men) into the interior.

A country can not sustain itself with the rule of law being so ignored and its borders being so flaunted, not just from the outside, but from the highest levels of the domestic government. Right now, the news media and the Biden administration are obsessing over Ukraine’s borders while ignoring the humanitarian crisis occurring on our own. Something has to give, and unfortunately, this may lead to mass resignations by Border Patrol agents.
01-29-2022 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(01-26-2022 01:52 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:While it has taken a bit of a backseat to other news, unjustifiably in my opinion, the crisis at the border continues to only worsen. Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants are crossing a year, with the Biden administration doing absolutely nothing to stem the tide.

On Tuesday, that was illustrated after Bill Melugin released a video showing the federal government releasing illegal immigrants into the interior, where they were then put on planes bound for various cities across the country. There appears to be no real system in place to keep track of or litigate their cases.

But as bad as things appear to those of us reading about this stuff from our living rooms, imagine how the Border Patrol agents actually tasked with policing the border feel. They must be incredibly frustrated that their efforts are not only being wasted but are being actively inhibited.

Well, we don’t have to imagine anymore because leaked audio of a meeting between DHS Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas and CBP agents in the Yuma sector offers a clear window into the tensions. This comes via Julio Rosas over at Townhall.

In an audio recording of his remarks to the agents, which was obtained by Townhall, Mayorkas conceded the massive influx of people illegally crossing into the sector, along with the rest of the southern sectors, has not been easy.

“The job has not gotten any easier over the last few months and it was very, very difficult throughout 2021. I know apprehending families and kids is not what you signed up to do. And now we got a composition that is changing even more with Cubans, Venezuelans, Nicaraguans, and the like, it just gets more difficult,” Mayorkas said in the recording.

Mayorkas said DHS is trying to work with the Mexican government to stop the flow of immigrants before they reach the U.S. border.

“I know the policies of this administration are not particularly popular with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, but that’s the reality and let’s see what we can do within that framework,” Mayorkas added.

Mayorkas’ honesty about the unpopularity of his administration’s policies is a welcome development, but it begs the question of why he is demanding the CBP operate within what we know is a failing framework? Is this about politics or doing things that could actually help the situation? As head of DHS, it would seem to be Mayorkas’ job to make the necessary changes to secure the border and not anger and antagonize those who are putting their lives on the line daily to do so.

Yet, Mayorkas seems to suggest things are out of his hands, which is an incredible admission. One, it shows how tense things have become, to the point where Biden and his handlers are allowing an abject humanitarian crisis to continue for political purposes. Two, it illustrates how much of a coward Mayorkas is. If he sees the administration’s policies aren’t working and are causing harm, he should be speaking out and resigning, not whispering to CBP agents behind the scenes (he didn’t know this audio would go public) to suck it up and keep failing. This is clearly a man with no integrity at all, which isn’t a surprise given his political history.

Mayorkas’ lack of any real answer for the current catastrophe led one agent to chastize and turn his back on the DHS head.

Unfortunately, as per the trend with this administration, Mayorkas tried to make everything about himself, citing that he gets death threats when an agent complained of being demonized. Later, he snapped back at the agent who originally criticized him, citing his supposed superior resume.

Mayorkas can be then heard going back to the first agent who turned his back on him and asked how long he had been part of Border Patrol. When the agent replied with 16 years, Mayorkas said he was prosecuting death penalty cases in California, “You don’t know anything about me.”

The agent said he knows Mayorkas has had a long career, but “you said you’re going to change it, the only that’s changed is it’s gotten worse.”

Frankly, what Mayorkas was doing in California is completely irrelevant. What these agents care about is not risking their lives for a job they aren’t even being allowed to do properly. Unfortunately, the CBP is being run by a man named Raul Ortiz, who was put in place by Joe Biden. Instead, of caring about the concerns of his agents, he blamed them for daring to hold Mayorkas responsible.

One exasperated agent told Mayorkas the situation in the Yuma Sector was much better under former President Donald Trump because “everyone was doing their jobs.”

In the recording, Border Chief Patrol Raul Ortiz did not seem happy with the questions being asked because, according to him, it came off as griping instead of coming to Mayorkas with solutions.

Pro-tip: It is not the job of field agents to “offer solutions” to the head of DHS, otherwise, what is the point of Mayorkas having his position? Still, many CBP agents have complained of being sandbagged by Washington, forced into impossible situations. Want a solution? How about not doing that?

Unfortunately for the rank and file at CBP, they are going to have to ride this out or move on to a different line of work. There is no indication the Biden administration is going to change course.

Link
Simply incredible. These agents are very angry. It is invigorating to see them speak truth to power.
01-29-2022 07:56 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Frankly I'm surprised there have been no assassination attempts on not only Biden but his two predecessors as well.
01-29-2022 08:15 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Barack the Magic Negro started all of this. He chose to go racial instead of trying to rally the poor and middle class of all races he chose to go racial. This nation will never ever be the same. Biden may be worse.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022 08:33 PM by No Bull.)
01-29-2022 08:33 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
But don't worry, we gave each of them a summons to appear, which apparently can be used as a valid ID to fly now. That'll show them how tough we are...
01-29-2022 08:48 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

01-31-2022 01:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.