Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Zappe?
Bookmark and Share
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
New Zappe?
Annual QB1 is in at BG. Former WVU QB 1 Jarrett Doege. WKU is the place to be for QBs..

The NCAA D1 active Passing Yards and Touchdowns leader is a Hilltopper! ?
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022 11:09 AM by WKUFan518.)
01-16-2022 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Franko Offline
1st String

RE: New Zappe?
Zappe level? not likely. Thinking more like Ty Storey, numbers are too good to be another Tyrell Pigrome. At least good enough to make us contend this fall once again.
01-16-2022 11:57 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
As a WVU fan, (with apologies to my Marshall brothers, who might flame me for that admission) I've watched Jarrett Doege for a couple of years. At times, there are flashes of brilliance. At other times, he's very pedestrian and seems to lose focus. I'm not sure he'll get much better, but then, again, he's already very good most of the time. He will NOT have the mobility or the accuracy of a Zappe, but he will be a force to contend with at WKU. When he's on, he's on. All in all, a good get for the Hilltoppers.
01-16-2022 12:53 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
WKU is one of Troy's opponents at some point next season. Who is the new OC? Did you guys hire from within?
01-16-2022 01:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2022 01:20 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  WKU is one of Troy's opponents at some point next season. Who is the new OC? Did you guys hire from within?

Yes
01-16-2022 01:44 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2022 12:53 PM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  As a WVU fan, (with apologies to my Marshall brothers, who might flame me for that admission) I've watched Jarrett Doege for a couple of years. At times, there are flashes of brilliance. At other times, he's very pedestrian and seems to lose focus. I'm not sure he'll get much better, but then, again, he's already very good most of the time. He will NOT have the mobility or the accuracy of a Zappe, but he will be a force to contend with at WKU. When he's on, he's on. All in all, a good get for the Hilltoppers.

Like with most qbs decision making will be key.

For Western fans that believe what you saw this year is going to be the offense in the years to come. You are going to be disappointed. Helton does not have it in his DNA to run that type of offense. Last year, yes but now that the OC id gone I expect Helton will reel the offense back in.

He tried to around mid season but quickly saw Zappe and Western was better at the quick pace. I believe this season the offense will be dialed back and expect to see the score in the low 30 not the mid 40s to 50s that we saw
01-16-2022 01:51 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Didn’t mean to imply he will be on Zappes level, but I think he will have good numbers. He’s bringing a few of his WVU buddies at WR with him. Zappe is special but I think this dude can be solid. Offense will win CUSA..
01-16-2022 02:41 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Has WKU ever developed their own QB. Taking a transfer QB at times might be OK, but not every single time you have an opening.
01-16-2022 03:19 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

(01-16-2022 03:19 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Has WKU ever developed their own QB. Taking a transfer QB at times might be OK, but not every single time you have an opening.
Brandon Doughty was a freshman out of North Broward Prep. Redshirted in 2010. 3* per Rivals and 247. You know the rest.
01-16-2022 03:36 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(01-16-2022 03:19 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Has WKU ever developed their own QB. Taking a transfer QB at times might be OK, but not every single time you have an opening.

It’s worked 3/4 times now, so easy to see why it’s continuing…
01-16-2022 03:42 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

Yep, doughty. But since 2013 we have had one year of bad qb play. I’ll take that.
01-16-2022 03:48 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(01-16-2022 03:48 PM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  

Yep, doughty. But since 2013 we have had one year of bad qb play. I’ll take that.

Now do Marshall…..
01-16-2022 04:21 PM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

(01-16-2022 03:36 PM)Franko Wrote:  
Brandon Doughty was a freshman out of North Broward Prep. Redshirted in 2010. 3* per Rivals and 247. You know the rest.

Not exactly the same as Doughty, but I think Mike White only played one season at USF before finishing his career at WKU.
01-16-2022 04:43 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(01-16-2022 11:57 AM)Franko Wrote:  Zappe level? not likely. Thinking more like Ty Storey, numbers are too good to be another Tyrell Pigrome. At least good enough to make us contend this fall once again.

Artist: Adam Ant
Album: Vive Le Rock
Song: "No Zap"
September 1985 CBS Records

01-17-2022 10:49 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I think that even as a college QB Zappe aka The Zapper is a better QB than Dak Preston. If we had the Zapper as our QB yesterday we would have won. Dak is overrated and is inconsistent as heck, that's why he lost.
01-17-2022 03:28 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(01-16-2022 04:21 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

Now do Marshall…..

Repeatedly forced to start Freshman every couple year, including Cato, with him being the only real success. We have zero QB development and anyone showing any promise flakes out or leaves. Sometimes both.

Frohnapple was supposed to replace Cato and would have been good, but he went to UMass to get two years of playtime in instead of one. Shame they were only a year apart and not two.

Instead we bring in Birdsong, who got wrecked, and we had to start true freshman Litton. Flaked out after decent first year and 10 wins to go 3-9, stayed through junior year and left for NFL. Made camp and practice squad but never saw field.

Green starts next as Redshirt Freshman and has his moments. Flakes out sophomore year and leaves team. Offense is completely stalled and crap at this point.

Wells starts as redshirt freshman. Bangs off 7 wins in a row and then flakes out completely. Jekyl and Hyde this year, with moments of brilliance to playing scared and inconsistent to awful.

Finally the chain is broken with a transfer senior to play for us or he'll be beaten out by a freshman who will not be further developed or will progress in his career.

We have got to get someone in here that can make a good high school QB a great college QB. Hopefully Huff finds a way because Doc could not and Cato only won in spite of the staff and not because of them.
01-17-2022 05:28 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(01-17-2022 05:28 PM)MUther Wrote:  

Now do Marshall…..

Repeatedly forced to start Freshman every couple year, including Cato, with him being the only real success. We have zero QB development and anyone showing any promise flakes out or leaves. Sometimes both.

Frohnapple was supposed to replace Cato and would have been good, but he went to UMass to get two years of playtime in instead of one. Shame they were only a year apart and not two.

Instead we bring in Birdsong, who got wrecked, and we had to start true freshman Litton. Flaked out after decent first year and 10 wins to go 3-9, stayed through junior year and left for NFL. Made camp and practice squad but never saw field.

Green starts next as Redshirt Freshman and has his moments. Flakes out sophomore year and leaves team. Offense is completely stalled and crap at this point.

Wells starts as redshirt freshman. Bangs off 7 wins in a row and then flakes out completely. Jekyl and Hyde this year, with moments of brilliance to playing scared and inconsistent to awful.

Finally the chain is broken with a transfer senior to play for us or he'll be beaten out by a freshman who will not be further developed or will progress in his career.

We have got to get someone in here that can make a good high school QB a great college QB. Hopefully Huff finds a way because Doc could not and Cato only won in spite of the staff and not because of them.

Thank you, what I thought. Interesting hot take from herd zone.
01-17-2022 06:55 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(01-17-2022 06:55 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(01-17-2022 05:28 PM)MUther Wrote:  

Now do Marshall…..

Thank you, what I thought. Interesting hot take from herd zone.

Could you imagine your O with our D for the last several years? Would be formidable. I mean we had adequate O and you had adequate D but neither great. The other sides together they would make for a one-sided shootout against any G5 and many P5.
01-17-2022 07:19 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
That seems to always be the G5 problem. One side of the ball, a G5 can quite often be great, but very rarely can it be put together. When you can, that's when you have 2014 marshall, 1999 marshall, etc.

We were a QB away last season. Still are until proven otherwise, and we now have to see how and if we cam rebuild our OL losses.
01-19-2022 12:32 PM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

Threw for 3k yards and 19 TD's in the Big 12. Gotta think with our weapons and offensive play style, that has to translate to 4k and 30 TD's in CUSA. Maybe we have struck gold again but who knows.
01-20-2022 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.