Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CHARLESTON GAME POSTPONED
Bookmark and Share
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
CHARLESTON GAME POSTPONED
Just got an email that the game tomorrow night against Charleston has been postponed due to Covid-19 protocols within the Tribe program.
01-10-2022 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billymac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: CHARLESTON GAME POSTPONED
Tribe had 4 players in protocols last week. Evidently, it got worse.
01-10-2022 09:20 AM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

Hopefully all symptoms are mild or players are asymptomatic.

Also, maybe the latter half of the season should be able to go through with less issues, since players across the CAA will have some level of natural immunity?
01-10-2022 09:22 AM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
I would expect stuff like this to continue through this month at least or until Omicron phases itself out and cold/flu season ends.
01-10-2022 09:45 AM
Advertisement

TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
Would you expect that Saturday is now out also?
01-10-2022 12:03 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

(01-10-2022 12:03 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  Would you expect that Saturday is now out also?

I think all games are in until they're out. The College probably has a policy for how far out they need to make a decision.
01-10-2022 12:35 PM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
(01-10-2022 09:15 AM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  Just got an email that the game tomorrow night against Charleston has been postponed due to Covid-19 protocols within the Tribe program.

Well this is one way to remain in first place.

If this continues, I think leagues should seed based on total number of conference wins, not winning %.
01-10-2022 02:19 PM
Advertisement

Tribester Offline
Banned

I Root For: W&M
Protocols (insert rolling eye emoji). We are playing a regular high school basketball schedule here in Ohio with minimal to zero disruption...but the CAA cancels games left and right every week. How is this possible?!?
01-10-2022 06:51 PM
ScottyB757 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(01-10-2022 06:51 PM)Tribester Wrote:  Protocols (insert rolling eye emoji). We are playing a regular high school basketball schedule here in Ohio with minimal to zero disruption...but the CAA cancels games left and right every week. How is this possible?!?

Maybe a little less overnight travel involved in Ohio HS basketball? Fewer hotel stays? Shorter bus rides? Just a hunch.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022 07:49 PM by ScottyB757.)
01-10-2022 07:48 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

James City County is at 600+ COVID cases. During the peak last year we were at around 100-150. This is an all-time high with current cases around 4-5 times the previous high.

Also, games are being postponed currently. As far as I know, no games have yet been canceled.
01-11-2022 09:20 AM
Advertisement

WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(01-11-2022 09:20 AM)WMInTheBurg Wrote:  James City County is at 600+ COVID cases. During the peak last year we were at around 100-150. This is an all-time high with current cases around 4-5 times the previous high.

Also, games are being postponed currently. As far as I know, no games have yet been canceled.

Correct about the postponements. In fact, both the Elon game and the UNCW game have already been rescheduled. Looks like all the teams are going to be playing 3 games a week several times this year to make up the postponed games.
01-11-2022 09:24 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
It will almost be like a new season opener by the time the Tribe plays again. All momentum is lost. I had hope that they would be able to practice during the postponements due to other programs. But, my guess is that they aren't practicing due to COVID protocols now.

I would sell to the team that the 0-12 start is a distant memory. Hopefully, the team in February will bear little resemblance to the one that took the floor in November. It's a new season, and one where they banked 2 victories before it begins.
01-11-2022 09:40 AM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
Hopefully we get some fans to show up. I'll be there on Saturday and hope for a good turn out.
01-11-2022 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.