Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank the MAC
Bookmark and Share
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
Rank the MAC
Yes, only two games in at most but how do you see the basketball race now?

1. Ohio
2. Akron
3. Miami
4. Buffalo
5. Toledo
6. Eastern Michigan
7. Kent
8. Ball State
9. Bowling Green
10. Central Michigan
11. Northern Illinois
12. Western Michigan

I do believe folks are sleeping on Akron.
01-03-2022 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
RE: Rank the MAC
My rankings would be similar. Where Akron is really strong is in their depth. They have 9 players that would get meaningful minutes on pretty much any MAC roster.
01-03-2022 02:48 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Toledo couldnt have played sloppier with less effort last weekend and still almost beat Kent. Id say Ohio and UT are top two in talent. But Ive seen enough Toledo basketball to know that could be a trend, meaning we arent better than middle of the pack anyhow. No one should beat us in Savage.
01-03-2022 04:28 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
Ohio not in top three. Scored but 59 points against WMU. Lacks depth.

Akron has two exceptional players in Ali and Freeman. Believe they lack sufficient quality players in their depth chart. But still a team to keep
our eye on.

Toledo has a terrific offensive system that produces easy hoops. Disrupt Toledo’s offense or shut down Rollins, and UT stdggles to score 70 points.. Easier said than done.

MOH is not a top three team.

Don’t write Buffalo off as yet.

EMU is still a work in progress. Has the defense, offensive players and depth. Potential to be a deadly small ball team. Worth keeping an eye on especially if they win their first three conference games.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 05:43 AM by Miggy.)
01-03-2022 04:35 PM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

Castaneda and Trimble aren't quality? Lol ok
01-03-2022 05:06 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(01-03-2022 04:28 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Toledo couldnt have played sloppier with less effort last weekend and still almost beat Kent. Id say Ohio and UT are top two in talent. But Ive seen enough Toledo basketball to know that could be a trend, meaning we arent better than middle of the pack anyhow. No one should beat us in Savage.

I was going to say the same thing about the Flashes. Played like crap, couldn't shoot--again--and had no coherence, no unity. Only saved by hitting free throws. This team will be a whole lot better once, and if, it gets healthy and all the rotation players get a chance to blend together. But won a game when they played terribly. We'll take it.
01-03-2022 05:49 PM
Advertisement

kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I feel I said this in another thread, but there are about 6 teams that I feel have a legitimate chance of winning the MAC this year. No team is all that great and a handful are absolutely terrible. Weakest the MAC has been in a long time.
01-03-2022 06:10 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-03-2022 05:49 PM)axeme Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 04:28 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Toledo couldnt have played sloppier with less effort last weekend and still almost beat Kent. Id say Ohio and UT are top two in talent. But Ive seen enough Toledo basketball to know that could be a trend, meaning we arent better than middle of the pack anyhow. No one should beat us in Savage.

I was going to say the same thing about the Flashes. Played like crap, couldn't shoot--again--and had no coherence, no unity. Only saved by hitting free throws. This team will be a whole lot better once, and if, it gets healthy and all the rotation players get a chance to blend together. But won a game when they played terribly. We'll take it.

Thats true and ive only seen Kent play twice for what its worth. It does seem like the talkbakeyness will get them in tech trouble a lot. Toledo has Moss and Saunders each capable of this distraction but Kents whole team appeared to be allowed to do and say as they please. Personally Ive had the live and die by the three teams which Kent has. And although very fun at times, can lead to slumps. I predicted Kent in a 4th to 7th place league team and that remains true to my view.
01-03-2022 06:35 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(01-03-2022 06:35 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Thats true and ive only seen Kent play twice for what its worth. It does seem like the talkbakeyness will get them in tech trouble a lot. Toledo has Moss and Saunders each capable of this distraction but Kents whole team appeared to be allowed to do and say as they please. Personally Ive had the live and die by the three teams which Kent has. And although very fun at times, can lead to slumps. I predicted Kent in a 4th to 7th place league team and that remains true to my view.

What is "talkbakeyness"?
01-03-2022 06:49 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
(01-03-2022 05:06 PM)kreed5120 Wrote:  Castaneda and Trimble aren't quality? Lol ok

Not in the same category of Ali and Freeman. Both awful two-point shooters. Not consistent 3-point shooters as both shot poorly on three’s in 4 non-conference games. If they try, opponents lcan shut down their three’s. Also, their defense is suspect.,
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022 07:58 PM by Miggy.)
01-03-2022 07:34 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(01-03-2022 04:35 PM)Miggy Wrote:  Ohio not in top three. Scored but 59 points against WMU. Lacks depth.

Akron has two exceptional players in Ali and Freeman. Don’t see quality players on their depth chart.

Toledo has a terrific offensive system that produces easy hoops. Disrupt Toledo!s offense and their in trouble. Easier said than done.

MOH is not a top three team.

Don’t write Buffalo off as yet.

EMU is still a work in progress. Has the defense, offensive players and depth. Potential to be a deadly small ball team. Worth keeping an eye on especially if they win their first three conference games.

03-lmfao
01-03-2022 07:40 PM
Advertisement

kreed5120 Offline
1st String

(01-03-2022 07:34 PM)Miggy Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 05:06 PM)kreed5120 Wrote:  Castaneda and Trimble aren't quality? Lol ok

Not in the same category of Ali and Freeman. Both awful two-point shooters. Not consistent 3-point shooters as both shot poorly on three’s in 4 non-conference games. If they try, opponents lcan shut down their three’s. Also, their defense is suspect.,

Trimble is 2nd in the MAC in 3s made per game. Castaneda is 5th in ft% and 14th in the 3P%. You don't have to be considered 1st or 2nd team All-MAC to be quality.
01-03-2022 08:56 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-03-2022 06:49 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(01-03-2022 06:35 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

What is "talkbakeyness"?

BitchAndComplaineynessToReferees synonym
01-03-2022 10:24 PM
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Now the real season starts. Teams played different schedules non conference so its hard to see head to head where they rank. Ohio won the games they were expected to win(homes games and cupcakes away). They lost the two games they were expected to lose(ranked SEC teams on the road). The question is there was not much in between. Schedule ranked 300 so its fair to say they played a schedule weaker than the MAC regular season slate. MAC looks with open without an true elite team or clear front runner. Ohio and Toledo good but not dominate while inconsistent play from Buffalo, Miami, Akron and Kent State.
01-04-2022 03:09 PM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Thats a generous rank of Miami bball from the OP. Im skeptical.
01-04-2022 03:43 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

oHiO's NoT a ToP tHrEe TeAm. 03-lmfao
01-04-2022 08:45 PM
Advertisement

OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

Ohio with its fourth true road win of the season. Pile up those and those computers start to like a team. 11-2 2-0 MAC 7-0 at home 4-2 away.
01-05-2022 02:47 AM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2022 08:45 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  oHiO's NoT a ToP tHrEe TeAm. 03-lmfao

I know, right?! LOL
01-05-2022 08:50 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
My prediction early in season:

Ohio
Buffalo
Toledo
Kent St
EMU
Akron
Miami
Ball st
01-05-2022 12:19 PM
OUBobcat1804 Offline
Water Engineer

Current RPI rankings for the MAC:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basket...kings/rpi/

52. Ohio
60. Toledo
128. EMU
162. Kent St.
186. Akron
205. Buffalo
225. BGSU
264. WMU
269. Ball St.
275. Miami
288. N. Illinois
296. CMU
01-05-2022 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.