Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

O/T: It's not sunny in El Paso
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
O/T: It's not sunny in El Paso
But the Chips are having one helluva quarter.

Chips 13 Not-Yet-Awake-Cougars Zip (0).
12-31-2021 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
RE: O/T: It's not sunny in El Paso
(12-31-2021 12:55 PM)emu steve Wrote:  But the Chips are having one helluva quarter.

But JM, has CMU ready to play in a big bowl game! C Mich has the best team in the MAC! A bad snap cost them from beating NIU! CMU was 1-11 in 2018! CC, should just watch and learn how to recruit, and coach! Look what JM has done in 3 seasons! Happy New Year to everyone!
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021 01:05 PM by EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's.)
12-31-2021 01:05 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(12-31-2021 01:05 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  
(12-31-2021 12:55 PM)emu steve Wrote:  But the Chips are having one helluva quarter.

But JM, has CMU ready to play in a big bowl game! C Mich has the best team in the MAC! A bad snap cost them from beating NIU! CMU was 1-11 in 2018! CC, should just watch and learn how to recruit, and coach! Look what JM has done in 3 seasons! Happy New Year to everyone!

What you say about CMU and McE is true. He is a good coach. That statement stands on its own.

CMU was lucky to get him because of his buyout at Florida (I'm not sure of all of this).
12-31-2021 01:34 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

BTW, cougars don't hibernate but they were not prepared to play CMU.

For better or worse, when there is a last minute change, weeks of scouting is lost and teams have to wing it.

WSU are really missing their OTs. They were playing like they're on roller skates.
12-31-2021 02:02 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

https://footballscoop.com/news/jim-mcelw...remy-foley

Wow. Crazy story how McE got to Florida.
12-31-2021 02:12 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Looks like they woke up…3 point game with 2:54 and WSU getting the ball back?

UPDATE: never mind CMU won 24-21 over Washington St. that is a good win for the MAC. A respectable 3-5 on the bowl season (feel like normally the MAC does not do that well)
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021 03:58 PM by RamyEMU.)
12-31-2021 03:42 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

12-31-2021 04:31 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
For reasons I have stated before, I was rooting for Washington State.
Two things I noticed during this game; First, if you tackle Nichols around the legs, he is easily stopped. That's what we were taught in high school. I don't get all this tackling around the shoulders. If, it's a good running back, they are just going to keep going. Second, Richardson has a pot belly. Haven't seen that in a quarterback.
12-31-2021 05:27 PM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(12-31-2021 05:27 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
Two things I noticed during this game; First, if you tackle Nichols around the legs, he is easily stopped. That's what we were taught in high school. I don't get all this tackling around the shoulders. If, it's a good running back, they are just going to keep going. Second, Richardson has a pot belly. Haven't seen that in a quarterback.

Exactly the post I expected to see.
12-31-2021 07:58 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear george14,
I'm glad I didn't disappoint.
12-31-2021 09:10 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2021 09:10 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear george14,
Great win for CMU and a great win for the MAC. You should be happy that they somewhat redeemed the conference after our sorry performance vs Liberty.
01-02-2022 02:31 PM
Advertisement

steve4840 Offline
1st String

(01-02-2022 02:31 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(12-31-2021 09:10 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear george14,
Great win for CMU and a great win for the MAC. You should be happy that they somewhat redeemed the conference after our sorry performance vs Liberty.

I agree Bob. CMU is on the rise. They have invested in a younger QB, over a portal QB (who by the way just entered in the portal again.....awfully familiar) and have an all American RB with a really good D line. McElwain in yr 3 has them rolling.....
01-02-2022 11:20 PM
Chip1RO Offline
Bench Warmer

Lol.

Actively rooting against a team representing your confidence in the biggest bowl game any MAC team participated in this season. Weird. Especially, since there’s no real rivalry that exists between CMU and EMU outside the lame “Michigan MAC Trophy.”

I’m generally just indifferent when it comes to EMU football.
01-05-2022 10:42 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Chip1RO,
May be weird to you, but makes perfect sense to me.
01-05-2022 03:25 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(01-05-2022 10:42 AM)Chip1RO Wrote:  

Lol.

Actively rooting against a team representing your confidence in the biggest bowl game any MAC team participated in this season. Weird. Especially, since there’s no real rivalry that exists between CMU and EMU outside the lame “Michigan MAC Trophy.”

Yes so "indifferent" to EMU football that you would not only peruse their message board but also take the time to post to it. "Methinks one doth protest too much". LOL!

That said, I congratulate you and CMU on a great bowl win! Whether I personally like McElwain or not, he assembled a group of talent far superior to EMU and probably had the MAC's best team this year. Again, congrats!
01-05-2022 06:35 PM
Chip1RO Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-05-2022 06:35 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Lol.

Yes so "indifferent" to EMU football that you would not only peruse their message board but also take the time to post to it. "Methinks one doth protest too much". LOL!

That said, I congratulate you and CMU on a great bowl win! Whether I personally like McElwain or not, he assembled a group of talent far superior to EMU and probably had the MAC's best team this year. Again, congrats!

I peruse all the MAC boards. I just like to see what’s going on around the conference. CMU’s main is over at 247 sports so we’re on an island.

I don’t mean indifferent in a negative way. I wouldn’t actively root for an EMU loss unless they were playing CMU. I haven't run into anyone here apart from the doofuses from kalamacrapistan that were rooting for WSU and I thought Ken’s comment pretty odd.

With that being said, Thanks! McElwain has been a welcome change since Enos and Bono ran us into the ground. He’s a solid coach and we’re lucky to have him. Congratulations on your bowl this year, it may not have gone exactly the way you folks wanted but it’s better than not going at all. What are your feelings on Creighton? He’s been around a little while now.

Also, good win over west michigan community college this season. Love seeing those tools lose.
01-05-2022 07:30 PM
Advertisement

Chip1RO Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-05-2022 03:25 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Chip1RO,
May be weird to you, but makes perfect sense to me.

Whatever blows your skirt up, pal.
01-05-2022 07:31 PM
masttg Offline
1st String

Lol.

Why are you posting here?
01-07-2022 12:31 AM
Chip1RO Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-07-2022 12:31 AM)masttg Wrote:  

Lol.

Why are you posting here?

Read post #16.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022 11:20 AM by Chip1RO.)
01-07-2022 11:19 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

Lol.

Then again, Gretchen Whitmer did produce a televised commercial where she declared that all Michiganders would be rooting for Utah in the Rose Bowl against OSU. She obviously is "weird", by your definition as well.

Perhaps Ken has missed his calling, how does "Governor Barna" sound to you? LMAO!
01-11-2022 06:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.