Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anybody else get a survey from their FB team?
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Georgia Tech sent out a detailed survey to fans only one year after having performed and even more thorough survey regarding the future of the FB program and its facilities. This one though looks like it also comes at the behest of the ACC? It asked what I thought about the ACC, the B1G, the SEC, the Pac-12, and the Big 12.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021 09:20 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
12-23-2021 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RE: Anybody else get a survey from their FB team?
Can't wait for Greensboro to read my answer on this one: What do you think of the ACC?

Underperforming, underwhelming, underpaid, and trapped in a bad ESPN contract because Swofford wanted to make sure his son at Raycom was part of the media deal. May not exist anymore as a conference in 15 years when the GOR expires and more realignment happens. A conference comprised of media markets just in time for bundled traditional TV to die. A conference desperately in need of more regionality. I have no interest in playing Syracuse or Boston College in anything. I don't appreciate how much the league's media partner is a shill and a semp for the SEC.
12-23-2021 09:26 AM

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10958]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10959]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10960]

.jpeg  Screenshot_20211223-090953~2.jpeg (Size: 73.82 KB / Downloads: 163)

.jpeg  Screenshot_20211223-091229~2.jpeg (Size: 35.69 KB / Downloads: 162)

.jpeg  Screenshot_20211223-091311~2.jpeg (Size: 32.79 KB / Downloads: 160)

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021 09:36 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
12-23-2021 09:34 AM

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10961]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10962]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10963]

.jpeg  Screenshot_20211223-091336~2.jpeg (Size: 33.78 KB / Downloads: 158)

.jpeg  Screenshot_20211223-091429~2.jpeg (Size: 33.62 KB / Downloads: 158)

.jpeg  Screenshot_20211223-091401~2.jpeg (Size: 67.52 KB / Downloads: 157)

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021 09:38 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
12-23-2021 09:35 AM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Yeah ... I got one too.

New commissioner, getting feedback, I guess. I would hate to have to go through all those replies though.
12-23-2021 10:45 AM

(12-23-2021 10:45 AM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  Yeah ... I got one too.

New commissioner, getting feedback, I guess. I would hate to have to go through all those replies though.

I'd pay good money to see the differences in prevailing feelings between the different schools.
12-23-2021 11:34 AM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-23-2021 11:34 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

I'd pay good money to see the differences in prevailing feelings between the different schools.

Yup...lacrosse is actually a great spring sport. GTech would easily become a top team if they upgraded.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021 11:42 AM by TexanMark.)
12-23-2021 11:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(12-23-2021 11:40 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Yup...lacrosse is actually a great spring sport. GTech would easily become a top team if they upgraded.

Let's put it this way. The ACC should push the most popular sport being currently played the hardest. Whoever buried baseball with lacrosse at the ACCN should be fired. There is no chance in hell lacrosse outdraws baseball on TV or in the stands. You could put #1 Cuse against #2 BC in lacrosse and it will do worse than unranked Clemson playing unranked Georgia Tech in baseball. On TV and in the stands.
12-23-2021 11:46 AM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Yep! I got the survey.
12-23-2021 11:50 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(12-23-2021 11:46 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Let's put it this way. The ACC should push the most popular sport being currently played the hardest. Whoever buried baseball with lacrosse at the ACCN should be fired. There is no chance in hell lacrosse outdraws baseball on TV or in the stands. You could put #1 Cuse against #2 BC in lacrosse and it will do worse than unranked Clemson playing unranked Georgia Tech in baseball. On TV and in the stands.

I dont know what the tv ratings or average attendance is but I do remember someone putting up the average revenue for all D1 sports and college baseball was right down there with college lacrosse, and well behind college soccer and I believe track and field (could be mistaken). But college baseball is not the third revenue sport, as some on this board like to say. Its not even the fourth or fifth revenue sport. College lacrosse is huge in the NE. Not many, if at all cares about college baseball up here.
12-23-2021 12:50 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke

Baseball’s popularity as a spectator sport has been declining for decades. Lacrosse’s popularity has been increasing rapidly. Just watch the two sports on TV and ask yourself which one has the brighter future. Baseball will put you to sleep. You’re likely to find lacrosse riveting.
12-23-2021 12:53 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-23-2021 09:20 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Georgia Tech sent out a detailed survey to fans only one year after having performed and even more thorough survey regarding the future of the FB program and its facilities. This one though looks like it also comes at the behest of the ACC? It asked what I thought about the ACC, the B1G, the SEC, the Pac-12, and the Big 12.

Be careful how you answer your opinion of other conferences. That's an odd duck question likely with other implications.

The ACC's Ivory Tower needs grass roots thought, as do all conferences. That part of the survey should be done every couple of years in each conference. Asking about opinions of other conferences could help them with some marketing approaches, but ortherwise is wholly out of context, and strange.
12-23-2021 01:31 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
"How would you rate ____ football in terms of authenticity?"

What does that even mean?
12-23-2021 01:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-23-2021 01:58 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  "How would you rate ____ football in terms of authenticity?"

Are they rigging point spreads so well that you haven't noticed?

Or, are our officials so blatant with bad calls designed to hold point spreads down and alter outcomes that fans easily realize that the games are indeed fixed?

That's what it sounds like to me. And frankly I wondered that so many times in viewing all conferences this year when the review showed one thing, and clearly, and the wrong call was still made. Or in live action when blatant and clearly visible violations were ignored on one side and almost imaginary infractions were called on the other side.

It was, to be kind, the worst year of officiating I've ever witnessed and it's carrying over into hoops.
12-23-2021 02:11 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(12-23-2021 02:11 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-23-2021 01:58 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  "How would you rate ____ football in terms of authenticity?"

Are they rigging point spreads so well that you haven't noticed?

Or, are our officials so blatant with bad calls designed to hold point spreads down and alter outcomes that fans easily realize that the games are indeed fixed?

That's what it sounds like to me. And frankly I wondered that so many times in viewing all conferences this year when the review showed one thing, and clearly, and the wrong call was still made. Or in live action when blatant and clearly visible violations were ignored on one side and almost imaginary infractions were called on the other side.

It was, to be kind, the worst year of officiating I've ever witnessed and it's carrying over into hoops.

Why, JR, I don't know WHAT you're talking about!

ACC Football Referee:
[Image: wrestler-5639462_1280.jpg]
12-23-2021 02:20 PM
copycat Offline
Why ask why?

I Root For: Georgia Tech
"Good luck getting buried by the Big Ten and SEC over the next decade"
"The PAC12 had a terrible commissioner but they still pay out better than the ACC"
"If Texas hadn't pissed off everyone in the Big 12 the ACC would have been the conference raided earlier"
12-23-2021 04:10 PM
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami

https://twitter.com/CanesBaseball/status...5705927687

BOUTIQUE SPORT
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021 04:19 PM by green.)
12-23-2021 04:18 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(12-23-2021 04:10 PM)copycat Wrote:  "Good luck getting buried by the Big Ten and SEC over the next decade"
"The PAC12 had a terrible commissioner but they still pay out better than the ACC"
"If Texas hadn't pissed off everyone in the Big 12 the ACC would have been the conference raided earlier"

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...1248958464

unfortunately, history won’t see it your way ...
ut kneecapped the big12 w/ their startling departure ...
demoting the plains conference especially in the estimation of tv & bowl negotiators ...
come to think of it ...
anyone else whose opinion matters ...
P5 ...
pff ...

MISNOMER
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2021 10:13 AM by green.)
12-23-2021 05:13 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Yes I did and I didn’t sugarcoat anything.
12-23-2021 05:48 PM

(12-23-2021 12:53 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  

Baseball’s popularity as a spectator sport has been declining for decades. Lacrosse’s popularity has been increasing rapidly. Just watch the two sports on TV and ask yourself which one has the brighter future. Baseball will put you to sleep. You’re likely to find lacrosse riveting.

Pitch clocks and minimum batters per pitcher help keep the game moving. Just as the four corners put everybody to sleep in college basketball and the sport forced faster pace through the shot clock, so too will baseball adapt. Computer called balls and strikes will be a godsend.
12-23-2021 06:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.