https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-declared/
12-21-2021 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PaulJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: NFL Draft
have not heard of any and from his recent comments after the bowl game it sure sounded like Koback was looking forward to next season as Rocket. That could change but unless he is getting really bad advice from agent(s), he is likely a late round/UDFA prospect for 2022 draft, thus could improve that with a full 2022 season and big numbers.
12-22-2021 10:52 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Womack, Anderson and Harris are all done with their eligibility, and should be on draft boards. Won't really know how much of a shot any of them have until after their pro days. Anderson probably rates the highest of those based on measurables, although Womack has the bigger resume. Mitchell would be another long shot, if healed, but I don't think has any real shot. He might be able to play in Canada, ala Kenny Stafford, but even there it is gonna be tough.

Of the "juniors," Koback, Hines, DesJuan Johnson and Dyontae Johnson are ones who might consider declaring. IMO, Koback and Hines have the best shots. I don't share the opinion that Koback will improve his prospects by staying another year. Another year risks injury, and there is no real sign that the OL will improve any next year, so no guarantee his production will improve. The NFL scouts are gonna look more on demonstrated skills and measureables than production - just look at Jaret Patterson's monster 2020 season and it didn't help him get drafted. Koback has put a lot of great tape together, so not sure what more another season would add. One reason those guys could consider staying would be for the chance to play in the OSU game next year, which would be a once in a lifetime opportunity for any players from Ohio.
12-22-2021 11:13 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(12-22-2021 11:13 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Womack, Anderson and Harris are all done with their eligibility, and should be on draft boards. Won't really know how much of a shot any of them have until after their pro days. Anderson probably rates the highest of those based on measurables, although Womack has the bigger resume. Mitchell would be another long shot, if healed, but I don't think has any real shot. He might be able to play in Canada, ala Kenny Stafford, but even there it is gonna be tough.

Of the "juniors," Koback, Hines, DesJuan Johnson and Dyontae Johnson are ones who might consider declaring. IMO, Koback and Hines have the best shots. I don't share the opinion that Koback will improve his prospects by staying another year. Another year risks injury, and there is no real sign that the OL will improve any next year, so no guarantee his production will improve. The NFL scouts are gonna look more on demonstrated skills and measureables than production - just look at Jaret Patterson's monster 2020 season and it didn't help him get drafted. Koback has put a lot of great tape together, so not sure what more another season would add. One reason those guys could consider staying would be for the chance to play in the OSU game next year, which would be a once in a lifetime opportunity for any players from Ohio.
Womack is a ball hawk so he could be a diamond come pro ball. I don't think he needs to be drafted highly to play a lot at the next level. Kadaar Holman was even drafted so you never know with CBs.
Hines is the best DE in the past decade at UT. Better than Elliott or Ola by a decent margin (in college). He will get drafted if he goes now or next season. I want him back.
This is a good rb draft. Koback would be better served leading UT all time rushers and scorers and another 1000yd season in 2022. His running style shouldnt translate well to the NFL.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021 02:27 PM by UofToledoFans.)
12-22-2021 02:26 PM
IamN2daRockets! Online
All American

Taylor is also NFL sniff worthy. He was injured most of the year.

I think he made ND suffer. He was injured soon after. He was having a great year! Is my reollection correct?
12-23-2021 02:12 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-23-2021 02:12 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Taylor is also NFL sniff worthy. He was injured most of the year.

I think he made ND suffer. He was injured soon after. He was having a great year! Is my reollection correct?

Yup, definite nfl talent hut prob needs another year to add to his tape. Might have best measureables of our prospects and very productive when healthy. ND couldnt block him
12-23-2021 02:35 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(12-23-2021 02:35 PM)pono Wrote:  
(12-23-2021 02:12 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Taylor is also NFL sniff worthy. He was injured most of the year.

Yup, definite nfl talent hut prob needs another year to add to his tape. Might have best measureables of our prospects and very productive when healthy. ND couldnt block him

Are we talking about Terrence Taylor #56?
12-24-2021 01:35 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-24-2021 01:35 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(12-23-2021 02:35 PM)pono Wrote:  

Are we talking about Terrence Taylor #56?

Yes. https://utrockets.com/sports/football/ro...aylor/7410
12-24-2021 03:11 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Anderson announced today he's throwing his hat in the draft. Didn't think he needed to officially announce, since his eligibility is up, but I guess you still have to tell the scouts you want to be drafted?
12-28-2021 04:31 PM
MidnightBlueGold Online
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-28-2021 04:31 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Anderson announced today he's throwing his hat in the draft. Didn't think he needed to officially announce, since his eligibility is up, but I guess you still have to tell the scouts you want to be drafted?

My thoughts, too. Not sure why you need to announce you are declaring for the draft???

12-28-2021 04:48 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(12-28-2021 04:48 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(12-28-2021 04:31 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Anderson announced today he's throwing his hat in the draft. Didn't think he needed to officially announce, since his eligibility is up, but I guess you still have to tell the scouts you want to be drafted?

My thoughts, too. Not sure why you need to announce you are declaring for the draft???

yea its weird (and certainly not needed) unless because of 2020 Covid season he could have come back for 2022 season???? Not sure, just wondering....
12-29-2021 04:09 PM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Online
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-29-2021 04:09 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  
(12-28-2021 04:48 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

yea its weird (and certainly not needed) unless because of 2020 Covid season he could have come back for 2022 season???? Not sure, just wondering....

2020 would have been his 4th year played in 4 years, so his senior year. 2021 was his extra year.
12-29-2021 04:29 PM
bigdatut98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TOLEDO
Seems to me dude just wanted to "declare" for the draft and have a moment. Good luck to him.
12-29-2021 08:11 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(12-29-2021 08:11 PM)bigdatut98 Wrote:  Seems to me dude just wanted to "declare" for the draft and have a moment. Good luck to him.

Yup, a bunch of dudes do it nowadays. Nothing wrong with bringing the community together to rally behind a young man's pursuit of the NFL.
12-29-2021 10:19 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I took this from a story about Michigan State.
According to reports, Broncos WMU QB Kaleb Eleby has decided to leave to enter the 2022 NFL Draft.

Eleby threw for 3,277 yards this season and had a 41-8 TD/INT ratio over the past two seasons.
01-04-2022 04:13 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-22-2021 11:13 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Womack, Anderson and Harris are all done with their eligibility, and should be on draft boards. Won't really know how much of a shot any of them have until after their pro days. Anderson probably rates the highest of those based on measurables, although Womack has the bigger resume. Mitchell would be another long shot, if healed, but I don't think has any real shot. He might be able to play in Canada, ala Kenny Stafford, but even there it is gonna be tough.

We haven't seen the "Mount Union" OL coach fired yet, so you may be right.
01-04-2022 04:46 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Koback has declared for the draft, as I expected he would.
01-07-2022 12:13 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

NFL Draft
https://twitter.com/koback_22/status/147...75651?s=21

Man this team will be thin at RB next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-07-2022 12:26 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
5 dollars Koback goes UDFA...
01-07-2022 01:43 PM
Party on the hill Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-07-2022 12:26 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  https://twitter.com/koback_22/status/147...75651?s=21

Man this team will be thin at RB next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

? We will have the Maryland transfer plus Constant and others. What we need is an offensive line!
01-07-2022 01:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.