Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ducker leaving
Bookmark and Share
Red Dog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Ducker leaving
Not sure if this has been posted. Entered portal. Total bummer. Guarantee he lands at Nebraska smh.
12-20-2021 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Ducker leaving
(12-20-2021 02:09 PM)Red Dog Wrote:  Not sure if this has been posted. Entered portal. Total bummer. Guarantee he lands at Nebraska smh.

Will not comment unless confirmed officially ...
12-20-2021 02:12 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Don't see anything online to confirm. Would seem odd considering how much playing time he was getting.

If true, we will be fine with Antario Brown and Waylee. Rocky is pretty good at getting tough yards on the ground and on the fake handoffs.
12-20-2021 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

Seems to be coming from Husker and Hawkeye people. We will see.
12-20-2021 02:18 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

Here’s the source:

“ Damon Benning stated on his radio show this morning that Jay Ducker WILL enter the transfer portal. Knows from his family. Now that I know it wasn't Severe spouting it off I can trust this. Reason isn't known. Would be the RB add that I have wanted Nebraska to make.”
12-20-2021 02:20 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Frost is about to get fired if they have another losing season next year. Some of the other coaches on the staff were already fired this season.
12-20-2021 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Red Offline
All American

Next man up.

You knew there'd be someone transfer. I was figuring a guy like Blakemore would transfer since he got the least amount of playing time but now, this just opens up another spot for a guy like that.

Plus, I'm sure there will be additions coming in as well.

This roster is far from settled.
12-20-2021 02:28 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

If true, fine by me. Antario hopefully stays and Waylee gets to change the pace.
12-20-2021 02:30 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Very sad news if true. I consider Ducker to be the best RB we have. He had some fantastic runs. You just knew there would be a nice gain when he touched the ball.
12-20-2021 02:32 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2021 02:28 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Frost is about to get fired if they have another losing season next year. Some of the other coaches on the staff were already fired this season.

I dont know who Duckers dad is to Husker fans, but many are saying that Mr.Ducker absolutely hates Nebraska and that Jay will go to Iowa.
12-20-2021 02:34 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(12-20-2021 02:32 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Very sad news if true. I consider Ducker to be the best RB we have. He had some fantastic runs. You just knew there would be a nice gain when he touched the ball.

Very sad, but I wish him the best. We have more than enough to pick up the slack. Well, for now lol. Ducker is going to do great no matter where he ends up.
Advertisement

HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
Nearly 1,200 yards rushing as a freshman……..HUGE loss, if true.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021 02:36 PM by HuskieDave.)
Big Red Offline
All American

(12-20-2021 02:32 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Very sad news if true. I consider Ducker to be the best RB we have. He had some fantastic runs. You just knew there would be a nice gain when he touched the ball.

Success of running backs is often directly related to many other things, most notably the offensive line.

By the end of the season, the O-line started dominating their opponents. He's good for sure, but we have enough guys to replace him and maybe be better.
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-20-2021 02:34 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(12-20-2021 02:28 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Frost is about to get fired if they have another losing season next year. Some of the other coaches on the staff were already fired this season.

I dont know who Duckers dad is to Husker fans, but many are saying that Mr.Ducker absolutely hates Nebraska and that Jay will go to Iowa.

That makes sense, since we are the farm team for Iowa.
12-20-2021 02:35 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Was talking to Jay and his mom at the pep rally down in Orlando. They have pretty good poker faces (if true). This is a tough one. Ugh.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021 03:26 PM by DiehardHuskie.)
12-20-2021 02:37 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
The portal doesn't work out for plenty of players.

Odd to leave a team that looks like it will supply you (Ducker) with MORE than his fair share of:

1) Playing Time (& TV Time)
2) Conference Championships
3) Bowl Games
12-20-2021 02:41 PM
Advertisement

NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
I heard they came out with the spring depth chart showing Ducker third and he was not happy, understandably so. The coaches' choices were to create a depth chart, which they did, or say it would be an open competition next year with all three starting out equal. They probably felt that doing the latter would lead to an unpredictable result, not knowing who might leave. This way they made their choice.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet they didn't want to risk losing Brown so it came down to Ducker and Waylee. Ducker is Mr. Consistent, almost never losing yardage. Waylee has home run ability that Ducker lacks. Ultimately they chose the combo of Waylee and Brown.
12-20-2021 02:42 PM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

Sounds like bull to me. Some local NE wannabe guy starting a rumor. And if it's more than that makes one question whether there is tampering.
12-20-2021 02:46 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I assume Micah Riley-Ducker, who signed with Auburn, is his brother or somehow related.

I like Jay and think he's pretty good but I actually like Antario more. He is big, fast, and scores. He had 105 yards and a TD on only 12 carries in the bowl. He averaged 6.6 ypc on the season vs. 5.4 ypc for Ducker.
12-20-2021 02:47 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(12-20-2021 02:42 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  I heard they came out with the spring depth chart showing Ducker third and he was not happy, understandably so. The coaches' choices were to create a depth chart, which they did, or say it would be an open competition next year with all three starting out equal. They probably felt that doing the latter would lead to an unpredictable result, not knowing who might leave. This way they made their choice.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet they didn't want to risk losing Brown so it came down to Ducker and Waylee. Ducker is Mr. Consistent, almost never losing yardage. Waylee has home run ability that Ducker lacks. Ultimately they chose the combo of Waylee and Brown.

So this could be a "shoot before aiming" reaction to a depth chart list? If so, let's hope he calms down and has a sit down with Coach Ham before making a decision.
12-20-2021 02:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.