Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC forfeit policy
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
MyBB AAC forfeit policy
Will the AAC change its new forfeit policy..

this is a debate already happening in the big east who started conference play already, last year when games were canceled it was no contest and there was a heavy attempt to reschedule

with the supposed relief of the vaccine, every conference (including the aac) changed the policy to if games are canceled because of covid the team responsible gets a forfiet and an automatic L, no attempt to reschedule will be made

this was made on the premise that if you are getting covid cancellations its because you chose not to get vaccinated.. but with the new variant, you will get tons of positives even if your vaccinated..
meaning many will be losing games by chance, a team could win the conference based on forfeited wins etc..

do you guys think it should change.. or stick to the forfeit policy??

will be interesting how the committee weighs those losses
12-20-2021 02:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OldFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: AAC forfeit policy
I do think there should be a forfeit policy that enforces some responsibility on the schools, but I also think they should allow vaccinated, asymptomatic players to play even if they have tested positive.

I'd also support a policy that requires all players on athletic teams to be vaccinated (heck, there are tons of other vaccinations required just to get into college), but I strongly doubt that would fly in the current political environment.
12-20-2021 08:32 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(12-20-2021 08:32 AM)OldFan Wrote:  I do think there should be a forfeit policy that enforces some responsibility on the schools, but I also think they should allow vaccinated, asymptomatic players to play even if they have tested positive.

I'd also support a policy that requires all players on athletic teams to be vaccinated (heck, there are tons of other vaccinations required just to get into college), but I strongly doubt that would fly in the current political environment.

Let positive players play? That is ridiculous, Dr. Oz. Asymptomatic folks can still infect others. You test positive you don’t play.

As for a vaccine mandate, I am all in for everyone. Stop being a bunch of poo$$ie$ and get the shots.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021 08:46 AM by vick mike.)
12-20-2021 08:43 AM
Vonz90 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Navy
I do not what the policy is, but it should be the same if a team had to cancel a game because they had a flu outbreak (or mono, or whatever) back when non of this was politicized. The vaccine is helpful, but we know it is not close to 100% (similar to other flu vaccines). It is what it is, highly contagious viruses are highly contagious.
12-20-2021 09:23 AM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(12-20-2021 08:32 AM)OldFan Wrote:  I do think there should be a forfeit policy that enforces some responsibility on the schools, but I also think they should allow vaccinated, asymptomatic players to play even if they have tested positive.

You make too much sense. Therefore it'll never happen.
12-20-2021 09:55 AM
Shox4Life Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Wichita State
If I remember right the policy is that if a player tests positive they sit out along with any non-vacinated close contacts. If vacinated and negative test the player can still play. Hopefully all teams have players vacinated and this only affects one or two players at any time and the game can still be played.
12-20-2021 09:55 AM
Advertisement

Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
from cbs

Impact of canceled games

The cancellations have impacts for intra-conference games, as leagues have instituted forfeit rules for the 2021-22 season. Seton Hall was incapable of playing St. John's this forthcoming Tuesday, so the Big East stuck to its code agreed to in the fall and docked the Pirates with a loss in league play, while St. John's started 1-0 in the conference due to the SHU forfeit. The same thing happened earlier this month in the Pac-12 when Washington was incapable of finding a makeup game vs. UCLA, so the Huskies were assessed a forfeit and UCLA was given a win in the conference standings.

Forfeits are not recognized officially by the NCAA selection committee, so any games not played as initially scheduled will not be reflected on team sheets.
12-20-2021 09:58 AM
Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
(12-20-2021 09:58 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  from cbs

Impact of canceled games

The cancellations have impacts for intra-conference games, as leagues have instituted forfeit rules for the 2021-22 season. Seton Hall was incapable of playing St. John's this forthcoming Tuesday, so the Big East stuck to its code agreed to in the fall and docked the Pirates with a loss in league play, while St. John's started 1-0 in the conference due to the SHU forfeit. The same thing happened earlier this month in the Pac-12 when Washington was incapable of finding a makeup game vs. UCLA, so the Huskies were assessed a forfeit and UCLA was given a win in the conference standings.

Forfeits are not recognized officially by the NCAA selection committee, so any games not played as initially scheduled will not be reflected on team sheets.

Yea, the forfeits are are really only for Conference seeding/Championship. They have no effect (minus missed opportunities) on the ncaa tourney.
12-20-2021 10:08 AM
mustangxc Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
As long as they are not official wins/losses then I have no issue with it affecting the conference standings. That is incentive enough for teams to try to keep their players safe. If SMU had been bumped down to last place last season because of our ineptness in staying healthy but not punished with actual losses that wouldn't have been too unfair to SMU.
12-20-2021 11:19 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Memphis might wind up 0-18 in conference play, lol. You would think natural immunity should count for something, but I bet it doesn't.
12-20-2021 12:03 PM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
(12-20-2021 08:43 AM)vick mike Wrote:  

Let positive players play? That is ridiculous, Dr. Oz. Asymptomatic folks can still infect others. You test positive you don’t play.

As for a vaccine mandate, I am all in for everyone. Stop being a bunch of poo$$ie$ and get the shots.

Question. If you're vaccinated, why do you care if I'm vaccinated or not?

If I'm vaccinated, I can test positive and spread to you even if you're vaccinated.
If I'm not vaccinated, I can test positive and spread to you even if you're vaccinated.

What the hellz is the difference?
12-20-2021 12:15 PM
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

These vaccines have never stopped anyone from testing positive. That’s not how a vaccine works when you’re amplifying any trace of the virus 2^30 times it’s gonna show up whether it’s replicating or not.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021 12:25 PM by DowdyPirate.)
12-20-2021 12:24 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(12-20-2021 12:15 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  

If I'm vaccinated, I can test positive and spread to you even if you're vaccinated.
If I'm not vaccinated, I can test positive and spread to you even if you're vaccinated.

Really? Ok I will treat this as a serious question. If you are vaccinated your odds of spreading the virus to me, whether vaccinated or not, go way down. That is why everyone should be vaccinated, it improves the resistance and lowers the spread. Those who choose not to get vaccinated are simply selfish snowflakes.
12-20-2021 12:26 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC

Uhhhh... JUST BECAUSE !!!
12-20-2021 12:28 PM
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple

Thank you. Public health should never be about politics, it should be about the best available science at the time.
12-20-2021 01:00 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
Let’s avoid the politicized aspects of the topic

But talk the sports aspect,

The committee doesn’t use it but the is reflected on your record, every site that tracks college basketball has given seton hall an L… the L will stay on Your record forever

WITH The rate of spread over a significant amount of games will be cancelled.. we’ve had 9 games already canceled the last week alone, the standing are going to be a mess
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021 01:30 PM by pesik.)
12-20-2021 01:08 PM
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2021 01:00 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  

Thank you. Public health should never be about politics, it should be about the best available science at the time.

Public Health will always be about Politics anytime there are wide sweeping government regulations involved because political players get to decide what the “best available science” is and any scientific debate is squashed.
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

The difference is hospitalizations and deaths. Our healthcare workers deserve some relief from the stupid and selfish crowd. Vaccinations and masks drastically reduce the incidence.
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

(12-20-2021 01:08 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  

Public Health will always be about Politics anytime there are wide sweeping government regulations involved because political players get to decide what the “best available science” is and any scientific debate is squashed.

The best available science is beyond the scope of most politicians. We have too many stupid politicians as it is. We need a vaccine to protect ourselves from them.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021 01:52 AM by Fishpro10987.)
12-20-2021 01:10 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2021 01:10 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  
(12-20-2021 01:08 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  

The best available science is beyond the scope of most politicians. We have too many stupid potiticians as it is. We need a vaccine to protect ourselves from them.

Political Players, Fauci is most definitely one. All one has to do is watch him in a hearing and look at his emails to know that much.
12-20-2021 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.