Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl Week
Bookmark and Share
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
Bowl Week
Kicks off today, the Bahamas Bowl. Toledo is playing Middle Tennessee State. It looks like they’re playing in the parking lot of the Marriott in front of their parents.

The color man on ESPN is “Booger”. The announcer just said “there’s no such thing as too many bowls”.
12-17-2021 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

RE: Bowl Week
(12-17-2021 01:20 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  Kicks off today, the Bahamas Bowl. Toledo is playing Middle Tennessee State. It looks like they’re playing in the parking lot of the Marriott in front of their parents.

The color man on ESPN is “Booger”. The announcer just said “there’s no such thing as too many bowls”.

Yes, there is !!!!!
12-17-2021 02:08 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I thought ODU looked pretty good today in the Myrtle Beach Bowl but they fell short against Tulsa, 30-17. Their defense kept them in it most of the game. Attendance was 6,557.
12-20-2021 07:13 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

If you missed it, the Music City Bowl in Nashville yesterday was just outstanding. Purdue beat Tennessee in OT 48-45. Titans stadium was sold out, 79,000, a new record for this game. College football at its best.

It’s a pleasure now that the big boys are playing to see the match-ups, enthusiasm and crowds back after a week of second tier “bowls” with 12,000 people and backyard football.
12-31-2021 08:19 AM
Advertisement

billymac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
I will definitely be in front of the TV at 3:30, maybe just for morbid curiosity, for Cincinnati vs Alabama. It will probably be the most watched Bowl, just for that reason alone. Love to see the Bearcats do well.
12-31-2021 10:21 AM
Zorch Offline
All American

(12-31-2021 10:21 AM)billymac Wrote:  I will definitely be in front of the TV at 3:30, maybe just for morbid curiosity, for Cincinnati vs Alabama. It will probably be the most watched Bowl, just for that reason alone. Love to see the Bearcats do well.

At 3:30 the Tribe will be in the home stretch of beating Northeastern. You won't be able to look away.

Re Sitting Bull's comment about Purdue/Tenn -- yes, that was a good game. However, the most satisfying score of the day was South Carolina beating North Carolina. I know the Gamecocks felt good about that!
12-31-2021 11:16 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2021 11:16 AM)Zorch Wrote:  
(12-31-2021 10:21 AM)billymac Wrote:  I will definitely be in front of the TV at 3:30, maybe just for morbid curiosity, for Cincinnati vs Alabama. It will probably be the most watched Bowl, just for that reason alone. Love to see the Bearcats do well.

At 3:30 the Tribe will be in the home stretch of beating Northeastern. You won't be able to look away.

Re Sitting Bull's comment about Purdue/Tenn -- yes, that was a good game. However, the most satisfying score of the day was South Carolina beating North Carolina. I know the Gamecocks felt good about that!

Actually, Zorch, I hope you are correct and, either way, I am a "watch till the bitter end" type of guy, so I probably won't check out the FB game until 4:00.
We can always hope...
12-31-2021 12:00 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

Bowl Week
Officials robbed the Vols. UT RB clearly had a TD in OT but ref whistled the play dead. Anyway, great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-31-2021 12:02 PM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
(12-31-2021 12:02 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Officials robbed the Vols. UT RB clearly had a TD in OT but ref whistled the play dead. Anyway, great game.

According to the Purdue football folks who are way more knowledgeable about the rules of college football than I am:

(1). Once an official deems forward progress has stopped, that’s it … the blowing of a whistle is irrelevant.

(2). A fellow player can push a team mate forward, but can not pull a team mate forward. Pulling a team mate forward is a penalty. Watch the replay.
The “TD” occurred after he was pulled forward.

The Vols were “robbed” by their own head coach:

(1). Throwing two deep incomplete passes at the end of regulation instead of running the ball to set up a game winning FG.

(2). Not kicking a FG on the 4th down in OT.

Anytime a northern team beats an SEC team in their own back yard … that’s a great day in college football.

Boiler up!

SEC is now 1-5 in bowl games.

Rooting for Michigan and Cincy today!
12-31-2021 12:20 PM
Tribal Offline

Bowl Week
Yes, the whistle stopped the play and cannot be overturned.

12-31-2021 04:24 PM
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

(12-31-2021 12:02 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Officials robbed the Vols. UT RB clearly had a TD in OT but ref whistled the play dead. Anyway, great game.

Yes, that was a close one though it looked like a lineman was trying to pull him to the goal line when the play should have been stopped, whistle or not. In the end, I figure if you’re not in the end zone, no touchdown.

It was hard to see either lose that one though I was happy for the Boilers.
12-31-2021 04:25 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

The bad thing about the Cincinnati loss is that the Power 5 will use it in future years to say that G5 teams do not belong in the 4-team playoffs. Thing is, Alabama would have beaten practically every P5 conference winner just as handily.
12-31-2021 08:04 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(12-31-2021 08:04 PM)Zorch Wrote:  

The bad thing about the Cincinnati loss is that the Power 5 will use it in future years to say that G5 teams do not belong in the 4-team playoffs. Thing is, Alabama would have beaten practically every P5 conference winner just as handily.

Technically now, UC is P5, heading into Big 12 next year. I don’t think within 3 years, most fans would ever remember they were AAC (which bills itself P6).
12-31-2021 08:20 PM
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

(12-31-2021 08:20 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  
(12-31-2021 08:04 PM)Zorch Wrote:  

Technically now, UC is P5, heading into Big 12 next year. I don’t think within 3 years, most fans would ever remember they were AAC (which bills itself P6).

I wasn’t talking about Cincy specifically but all G5 in general. In fact, Cincy lost 27-6 but Michigan lost by an even larger margin (34-11) but nobody would say that the Big 10 doesn’t belong.
12-31-2021 11:44 PM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

12 of the 16 college football semi final games have been decided by 3+ scores.

I think CFB would benefit from schools like USC and Texas returning to dominance, just to get some new schools in the mix and create a little more parity.
01-01-2022 11:29 AM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
(01-01-2022 11:29 AM)TDenverFan Wrote:  12 of the 16 college football semi final games have been decided by 3+ scores.

I think CFB would benefit from schools like USC and Texas returning to dominance, just to get some new schools in the mix and create a little more parity.

USC being good would help because it would mean Bama isn't getting the best players out of CA. Bama's taken advantage of UF, Texas, LSU and USC being varying degrees of dysfunctional and has cleaned up in recruiting.
01-02-2022 10:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.