UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Grambling State
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

I Root For: UAB
MyBB Grambling State
The Tigers (330) are 3-7 on the season, with wins over Louisiana College, Morgan State (309), and Jarvis Christian. They have been crushed by Grand Canyon (124), Texas Tech (14), New Mexico (225), Iowa State (50), and Connecticut (22). Their losses to Norfolk State (269) and Incarnate Word (353) were by 10 points or less.

They are ranked 323 by the Massey Basketball Composite.

KenPom has it UAB 81 - Grambling State 56
12-13-2021 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

RE: Grambling State
This one will hurt our NET ranking.
12-13-2021 10:14 AM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(12-13-2021 10:14 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  This one will hurt our NET ranking.

Which is currently 28.
12-13-2021 10:32 AM
UABrandon Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB/Arizona
(12-13-2021 10:14 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  This one will hurt our NET ranking.

sad thing is this isn't even the worst NET rank team on the schedule...Mississippi Valley St is at 355
12-13-2021 11:43 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
Just hoping we are able to beat them by more than 25 to improve our KenPom. We're so close to top-40 I can almost taste it.
12-13-2021 01:07 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

When you don’t want to play road games and no one worth a damn wants to come here, it’s no wonder why we schedule d2 and d3 schools(those games aren’t recognized). The bottom of the barrel for scheduling is too abusive to our SOS and NET/RPI rating.

Had hoped that with a few pieces that Grambling added that they’d be better. Maybe that comes to fruition in Swac play.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2021 01:23 PM by BlazinBham.)
12-13-2021 01:23 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Wait till we start playing conference games. Win on the road and watch your rankings drop.
12-13-2021 02:34 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(12-13-2021 02:34 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Wait till we start playing conference games. Win on the road and watch your rankings drop.

Not sure when all the conference jumping will actually take place, but hopefully for you guys it’s sooner than later. Y’all need Memphis back on your schedule and get Wichita St on schedule. And if you could jump before Cincinnati and Houston leaves, even better. Hopefully once in the AAC you guys can get a better OOC schedule.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2021 03:47 PM by Usajags.)
12-13-2021 03:45 PM
UABOG85 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U.a.B
(12-13-2021 01:23 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  When you don’t want to play road games and no one worth a damn wants to come here, it’s no wonder why we schedule d2 and d3 schools(those games aren’t recognized). The bottom of the barrel for scheduling is too abusive to our SOS and NET/RPI rating.

Had hoped that with a few pieces that Grambling added that they’d be better. Maybe that comes to fruition in Swac play.

When did AK say he didn't want to play road games? Also we played a lot more teams that were worth a damn this year than in years pass. Big schools simply don't want to play road games because they don't want happening to them what happened to Virginia the other night. If your gonna call out teams atleast call out the right ones who don't want to actually be challenged(P5) Anyways please continue with your pissing and moaning.
12-13-2021 03:49 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

AK has said they wanted to get all of the guys some "meaningful' PT. Also, I think he said UAB is porhibited from playing during finals week and he wanted to get the max number of OOC games in - hence the 4 games in 10 days. Doesn't help that one of these games was supposed to be GaTech.
12-14-2021 09:59 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Josh Pastner must have seen the roster AK put together and said no thanks.
12-14-2021 10:30 AM
Advertisement

Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(12-14-2021 10:30 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Josh Pastner must have seen the roster AK put together and said no thanks.

I'm guessing that's the story for pretty much everyone. UAB is going to be a hotly requested home game (away for Blazers) after this season, but will be tough to get many teams to come here. It's just how it is these days. This year's schedule is probably as close to perfect as it can be for a CUSA program in 2021.
12-14-2021 10:47 AM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

i'd like to see us start these guys tonight:
Tony Toney
Elijah tate
justin Brown
gordon
diedhiou

For us spectators, it would make the game more exciting and competitive...
12-14-2021 11:39 AM
Plaid Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

Jon Coleman should start. He is shooting 100% this year and is averaging 1.4 points per minute played. Math says if we let him play for 40 minutes, he will score 56 points!
12-14-2021 12:56 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

(12-13-2021 03:49 PM)UABOG85 Wrote:  
(12-13-2021 01:23 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  When you don’t want to play road games and no one worth a damn wants to come here, it’s no wonder why we schedule d2 and d3 schools(those games aren’t recognized). The bottom of the barrel for scheduling is too abusive to our SOS and NET/RPI rating.

When did AK say he didn't want to play road games? Also we played a lot more teams that were worth a damn this year than in years pass. Big schools simply don't want to play road games because they don't want happening to them what happened to Virginia the other night. If your gonna call out teams atleast call out the right ones who don't want to actually be challenged(P5) Anyways please continue with your pissing and moaning.

Umm, that ain’t a shot at AK. We don’t play WVU and South Carolina without him. Somebody’s ok with play Rhodes, Millsaps, MVSU just to even out home and road games. I’d be for playing every noncon game on the road like the Swac if I don’t have to watch us play those 3 schools at home. Somebody will play us, those games don’t have to be scheduled beyond the first week of November.

If they think that a certain number of games being scheduled at home are going to sell more season tickets, they are wrong. That’s the approach they seem to be taking since Mike Davis was shown the door.
12-14-2021 12:58 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

(12-14-2021 10:47 AM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  
(12-14-2021 10:30 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Josh Pastner must have seen the roster AK put together and said no thanks.

I'm guessing that's the story for pretty much everyone. UAB is going to be a hotly requested home game (away for Blazers) after this season, but will be tough to get many teams to come here. It's just how it is these days. This year's schedule is probably as close to perfect as it can be for a CUSA program in 2021.

Id be happy with just more quality mid majors on our schedule. New New Mexico, Saint Louis, and San Francisco are the kind of games I love. Hopefully we can add a couple hours of more teams projected to be in the top 100 to our schedule next year.
12-14-2021 01:06 PM
Advertisement

UABOG85 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U.a.B
(12-14-2021 12:58 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  
(12-13-2021 03:49 PM)UABOG85 Wrote:  

Umm, that ain’t a shot at AK. We don’t play WVU and South Carolina without him. Somebody’s ok with play Rhodes, Millsaps, MVSU just to even out home and road games. I’d be for playing every noncon game on the road like the Swac if I don’t have to watch us play those 3 schools at home. Somebody will play us, those games don’t have to be scheduled beyond the first week of November.

If they think that a certain number of games being scheduled at home are going to sell more season tickets, they are wrong. That’s the approach they seem to be taking since Mike Davis was shown the door.

Say this next time instead of what you did say. ^^^^This i do agree with you on.
But to be clear the Millsaps and Grambling games were done because the guys had been off with little practice for 8 days for finals so coach, as he stated on the radio broadcast, felt he needed to get them going before the WVU game instead of just going into that game cold. I assume that is why we are playing MVSU also to keep us game ready before conference. The Rhodes game though....i dunno about that one
12-14-2021 04:24 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Yeah the only gripe I have about this schedule are the d2 or d3 games at home... It's basically a waste. Go play on the road. The OOC schedule otherwise was a step in the right direction for sure this year.
12-14-2021 04:25 PM
jesseblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
We have been playing division 2 or lower schools since the second game of the program. So, it’s probably not going to change. Since getting ESPN+ I am surprised at how many teams do that.
12-14-2021 05:18 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Wasn’t it actually Rhodes that replaced Ga Tech?

Yep coach Bartow used to play them as well. Even lost a game to American PR at APR gym. We are also not the only program playing them.
12-14-2021 06:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.