Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rumor has it
Bookmark and Share
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Rumor has it
Trojans to OVC and UAPB might go also.

League needs football members and already has HBCU Tennessee State. Word is that talks with UALR are about wrapped up but just starting with UAPB.
12-06-2021 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Rumor has it
That would be shocking to me if UAPB left the swac
12-06-2021 08:54 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(12-06-2021 08:40 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Trojans to OVC and UAPB might go also.

League needs football members and already has HBCU Tennessee State. Word is that talks with UALR are about wrapped up but just starting with UAPB.

That would be really interesting. I thought our new conference rival might be UCA. I guess UAPB would work just as well.
12-07-2021 01:05 AM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(12-07-2021 01:05 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-06-2021 08:40 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Trojans to OVC and UAPB might go also.

That would be really interesting. I thought our new conference rival might be UCA. I guess UAPB would work just as well.

While UAPB joining LR in the OVC would be interesting, I would be shocked if UAPB left the SWAC and their traditional connections to the conference and rivals there of Grambling, Southern, Mississippi Valley, Alcorn, etc.

I would think Western Illinois is a more likely candidate as it is football only in the Mo Valley, and an outlier in the Summit. Although I guess theoretically possible, it is highly doubtful that Morehead returns to scholarship football after leaving the OVC for the non scholarship Pioneer League several years ago.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021 10:55 AM by PTJR.)
12-07-2021 10:50 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

UAPB fans I think love SWAC but I think if they are honest they know they are an after thought to all the long established rivalries of the league.

My guess is they stick but I’m not convinced it’s the best decision
12-07-2021 03:34 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

(12-07-2021 03:34 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  UAPB fans I think love SWAC but I think if they are honest they know they are an after thought to all the long established rivalries of the league.

So I guess Florida A&M and Bethune Cookman should feel like after thoughts too, huh! Along with the less recently added Alabama schools.
12-07-2021 04:15 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(12-07-2021 04:15 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(12-07-2021 03:34 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  UAPB fans I think love SWAC but I think if they are honest they know they are an after thought to all the long established rivalries of the league.

So I guess Florida A&M and Bethune Cookman should feel like after thoughts too, huh! Along with the less recently added Alabama schools.

That’s an incredibly dumb take and reading. First of all FAMU-BCCC is an established rivalry. Secondly FAMU and Grambling had a long-standing classic that ended because Grambling didn’t want to go to Miami every year. FAMU and Southern is pretty intense.

Name one SWAC that would put UAPB in their three most important games? Doesn’t exist.

Every SWAC school except one has an in-state conference opponent and no out of state team looks at UAPB the way teams look at Grambling, Southern, Jackson State or FAMU.

Really dumb post man but hope you got it out of your system.
12-08-2021 09:31 AM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

(12-08-2021 09:31 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

That’s an incredibly dumb take and reading. First of all FAMU-BCCC is an established rivalry. Secondly FAMU and Grambling had a long-standing classic that ended because Grambling didn’t want to go to Miami every year. FAMU and Southern is pretty intense.

Name one SWAC that would put UAPB in their three most important games? Doesn’t exist.

Every SWAC school except one has an in-state conference opponent and no out of state team looks at UAPB the way teams look at Grambling, Southern, Jackson State or FAMU.

Sorry to offend with a “dumb” post. UAPB may not be highest on the list of rivalries for the rest of the SWAC, and has no instate companion rivalry, but not sure that matters to UAPB fans. Arkansas fans loved to hate the Texas Longhorns, although Texas would have considered Oklahoma and/or Texas A&M their biggest rivals. That didn’t matter one whit to Hog Fans who still considered Texas their biggest rivalry (since they also considered no other instate school worthy of a rivalry, a subject I assume you are all too familiar with) and love to hate the Longhorns to this day!
12-08-2021 09:49 AM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock

Awfully aggressive reaction to a fairly innocuous post, ArkStFan. Hope you got it out of your system.
12-08-2021 08:54 PM
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
I think he’s just grumpy because we’re looking absolute dog **** to UAPB right now
12-08-2021 09:35 PM
Tipsy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Trojans & Razorbacks
(12-08-2021 08:54 PM)eh9198 Wrote:  

Awfully aggressive reaction to a fairly innocuous post, ArkStFan. Hope you got it out of your system.

It’s wrong of you to expect anything anything better from a stAte fan...
12-09-2021 10:44 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Damn Tipsy, you sure have been missed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using CSNbbs mobile app
12-09-2021 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.