Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Niagara Game.
Bookmark and Share
Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
Niagara Game.
EMU hosts Niagara at home this Wednesday night aT 7 pm at the Convo Center.

Niagara posts a 3-5 record and averages just 64 ppg. It’s opponents have averaged 64.6 pog. .

Niagara is led by 6’2” PG Marcus Hammond who averages 18. 7 points per game. He shoots 7-three’s per game and converts them at 35.7 percent. The next highest scorer averages 9.0 ppg.

38 percent of Niagara’s fga’s are three’s. Niagara converts three’s at 37 percent.

Niagara is undersized with no player in it’s starting line-up over 6’8.”

Niagara does not go to the foul-line very much. Niagara does not commit many turnovers, nor does it make many steals, nor has not out-rebounded opponents on the offensive boards.

Massey ranks Niagara the 182nd best team in the nation. The basis for their good ranking is because their defense only gives up 64.6 ppg. If EMU’s offense continues to click as it has the last two games, and it’s defense continues to play well as it did in the Northwood game, EMU should win this game.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021 01:17 AM by Miggy.)
12-05-2021 10:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Miggy Offline
1st String

RE: Niagara Game.
Beginning with the UCSD game, EMU’s HC Heath overhauled EMU’s offense and threw-out it’s low post offense, and installed instead a spread offense as it opens up driving lanes and brings out the strength of his perimeter players who now have an unimpeded path to the hoop.

Such paid immediate dividends as EMU scored 74 points against UCSD with EMU shooting a whopping 58.6 percent (27-46) on two’s. It also unleashed Golson (16-points) and McBride (16-points), and provide EMU with two additional offensive forces. EMU new offense also drastically lowered the number of EMU turnovers.

With Noah returning, EMU’s offensive scoring increased even in the Northwood game, as EMU scored 79 points, and once gain shot 58.5 percent (24-41) on two’s.

In the Northwood game, Heath prevented opponents from scoring three’s as they did in previous games ( 8,9,9, and 12 three’s) by having his backcourt move beyond the three point line to guard Northwood’s perimeter players. That resulted in Northwood only scoring 57-points, as they shot but 13-three’s and made only 4-three’s the entire game.

Northwood only shot 41 percent (18-43) on two’s as Heath stationed his Center closer to the rim and had them not rarely stray to to foul line and three-point line as they had in previous games. A side benefit was that EMU made 10 steals thus doubling EMU’s number of steals per game.-

The drastic changes Heath has made renders EMU’s prior record and the scoring stats of both EMU and it’s opponents obsolete and irrelevant.

EMU’s final three non-conference games are against Niagara, FIU, and Valpo, may well give us an good indication how good EMU may play in conference play. EMU now goes forward with four legitimate offensive weapons- Noah, Monty, Bryce, and Colin. Exciting times may well be in store for EMU bb.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021 04:15 AM by Miggy.)
12-06-2021 05:35 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Great write up, Miggy!

I will note that I created a thread on the “NET” computer rankings which has Niagra a little higher…
https://csnbbs.com/thread-937483.html

But good to hear we will have a height advantage on Niagara.

Not sure how you can point to anything positive of the Northwood game. I saw some of the worst turnovers all year- I guess the quantity was less.
12-06-2021 10:38 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(12-06-2021 10:38 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  Great write up, Miggy!

I will note that I created a thread on the “NET” computer rankings which has Niagra a little higher…
https://csnbbs.com/thread-937483.html

But good to hear we will have a height advantage on Niagara.

Not sure how you can point to anything positive of the Northwood game. I saw some of the worst turnovers all year- I guess the quantity was less.

Thanks posting the NCAA’s NET bb rankings. EMU should move-up significantly in the NET rankings if EMU wins their next three non-conference games.

A 22-point win over Northwood is impressive as SMU scored 79-points shooting 58 percent on two’s. That high shooting percentage was due to EMU abandoning it’s low post offense and EMu installing a spread offense in their previous game played against San Diego.

EMU took 26-foul shots compared to Northwoods 16 foul-shots. That’s what ENU’s new offense helped achieve.EMU did so many good fhings in this game.

EMU made 10-steals, and held Northwood to scoring only 57-points (lowest so far in non-conference play) and Northwood only shot 13-3’s and converted only 4 of them. EMU held Northwood to shooting but 41 percent on two’s.

EMU played herky-jerky a good bit of the game due to so many players playing. But EMU did committed but 13 turnovers, and that was impressive given the large number of players who played. Northwood committed more turnovers than EMU that we seen opponents do in prior games.

EMU did commit some foolish turnovers. As Nate Scott made a bad outlet pass off a defensive rebound that was intercepted, and Binelli made a bad bounce pass into the post that’s was intercepted.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021 04:03 AM by Miggy.)
12-06-2021 11:15 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

We open as 1 point favorites on DraftKings. I like our chances to cover that easy with Noah back.
12-07-2021 07:06 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

Toledo beat Bradley 67-65.

Bowling Green beat Oakland 73-72.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021 09:11 PM by Miggy.)
12-07-2021 09:05 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-07-2021 07:06 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  We open as 1 point favorites on DraftKings. I like our chances to cover that easy with Noah back.

Hmmm, I would hope it is easy, but not so sure. They are ranked higher than EMU in the rankings Miggy referenced and even more so in the NET rankings (138 vs 238). Conversely they are more comparable to EMU in the good old Sagarins ratings (219 vs 247). Scrapping the rankings altogether, they did hang tight with both Xavier and Ohio St. My whole point being, Niagara is not a bad team so will be a tough game.

But love that EMU is favored! Shows that we are regarded higher than our rankings or record will indicate. (By people literally with money on the line). Thanks for sharing
12-07-2021 09:27 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-07-2021 09:05 PM)Miggy Wrote:  Toledo beat Bradley 67-65.

Bowling Green beat Oakland 73-72.

Woah, Bowling Green over Oakland is a huge upset. Hope Bowling Green isn’t on the ascendency too.
12-07-2021 09:30 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

This is a must win for EMU if we’re going to be a strong team in the conference this season. If we win, I believe we are on track to be a top 4 or 5 team. If we lose, we’re just too young and not ready to challenge for a top 4 spot. I’m placing a lot of emphasis on this game. I believe we win and protect our home court and move to 4-0 at the Convo.
12-07-2021 11:08 PM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

No binelli or okongo.
12-08-2021 06:56 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(12-08-2021 06:56 PM)alum93 Wrote:  No binelli or okongo.

Guessing more minutes for Ballard, or a lot of Nate Scott at the 5 if that isn’t the case.
12-08-2021 07:05 PM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I love Colin Golson, and think he’s gonna be very good, but he’s gotta stop shooting so many threes. It’s about 5-7 feet out of his range.
12-08-2021 07:07 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(12-08-2021 07:07 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  I love Colin Golson, and think he’s gonna be very good, but he’s gotta stop shooting so many threes. It’s about 5-7 feet out of his range.

Three 3 ball attempts. One from Golson and two from Spottsville, UGH...
12-08-2021 07:19 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Binelli in street cloths behind the bench
12-08-2021 07:24 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(12-08-2021 07:24 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  Binelli in street cloths behind the bench

Mike Glass was an "iron man" by comparison.
12-08-2021 07:29 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Sloppy but tight game thus far. Niagara up 22-21 with 3:35 left in the half.

Haven't gotten much at all from Monty or Noah. 5 points between them. If they can start hitting shots I'll feel good about this one.
12-08-2021 07:39 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Spotsville travels a lot this is the first time I've seen refs calling it though. He comes down with one foot then the other and ether he skips or moves his pivot foot.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021 07:49 PM by emussuperfan.)
12-08-2021 07:48 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Smart play by McBride to drive and pick up the foul before rhe buzzer.

30-27 EMU at half.
12-08-2021 07:51 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-08-2021 07:51 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Smart play by McBride to drive and pick up the foul before rhe buzzer.

30-27 EMU at half.

That was a great play by McBride.

Nice half for him with 9 points. Golson contributing too, and Nate Scott had a couple key plays. Need a little more from Noah and Monty in the second (EDIT: Noah did have some nice assists). I am sure it will come.

Defense was pretty solid last several possessions too. Lots of shot clock run downs for Niagra- last one planned of course but McBride handled perfectly.

Both teams are shooting threes horrifically.

Niagara’s #10 looks pretty solid.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021 08:04 PM by RamyEMU.)
12-08-2021 07:58 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

They don't block wifi they just turn off the guest wifi.
12-08-2021 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.