Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB vs Maryland 11/14, 2:00 p.m.
Bookmark and Share
LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
The Terps come into Harrisonburg today with a record of 2-0. They have defeated Longwood and Villanova while JMU trounced UVA last week. This should be the biggest test of the year for the Dukes and hopefully will be a good game. Hope to see a lot of you there!
11-14-2021 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Definitely will be a test. JMU for the win today!

BTW. For those with reserved parking passes.

Only works for those with reserved tickets because the general parking entrance is further down and they are not allowing vehicles to go through.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
[Image: 0a35c26cff0f5b0b91fe0809fbc8ec01.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021 10:46 AM by hburg.)
11-14-2021 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hburg Offline

2nd quarter down 19 points already. Missed 3s and simply unable to stop Maryland. The difference inctalent is amazing.

11-14-2021 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
RE: WBB vs Maryland 11/14, 2:00 p.m.
MD is huge..we need to adjust asap... 29-10
11-14-2021 02:27 PM
hburg Offline

Might add also, lots of mental mistakes. Credit to Maryland defense.

11-14-2021 02:31 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Way too many unforced errors. Maryland is top 4 for a reason.
11-14-2021 02:45 PM
Advertisement

hburg Offline

Would be nice to play the every year, maybe by doing that the team gets stronger.

11-14-2021 03:02 PM
hburg Offline

Probably the worse shooting effort by the Dukes in a while. Lots of mental mistakes. Had a good time though. Was good to watch what JMU could be if they could bring in the top talent.

11-14-2021 04:03 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Tough loss today. The team seemed to play tight and intimidated, leading to mental mistakes, turnovers and poor shooting. The discrepancy in fouls (favoring MD) was in part due to MD’s size and quickness, but a portion of it was due to JMU just not being ready for the challenge. Oh, I know the coaches and players will say “it ain’t so”…however, if the team’s not right in the head they’ve lost before the game started. This game was lost before it even started.
11-14-2021 04:08 PM
hburg Offline

(11-14-2021 04:08 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  Tough loss today. The team seemed to play tight and intimidated, leading to mental mistakes, turnovers and poor shooting. The discrepancy in fouls (favoring MD) was in part due to MD’s size and quickness, but a portion of it was due to JMU just not being ready for the challenge. Oh, I know the coaches and players will say “it ain’t so”…however, if the team’s not right in the head they’ve lost before the game started. This game was lost before it even started.
This...

11-14-2021 04:55 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Yeah..i had hope when they picked up 2 quick blocking fouls - looked like they were playing with a lot of discipline...just really outmatched today
11-14-2021 05:19 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

The elephant in the room is that while we may not have won these OOC games in the past (Kenny era), we were pretty competitive. It's time to question whether we are bringing in the same talent as we used to. I personally don't believe we are, but even if you think we are....then what is the reason for our decline against ranked teams? The only logical reason, if you think the talent hasn't dropped off, would be coaching. Hope we can turn it around.
Much like the softball season, the CAA season means nothing. It's our OOC schedule and postseason that mean everything.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021 07:12 PM by olddawg.)
11-14-2021 07:11 PM
LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
Well...that was pretty ugly today. I caught some of the post-game show and Coach O put the blame on himself He said he did not prepare the team as he should have. I have to agree with him. The team did not look focused for most of the game and looked scared for a lot of it. I hope they can shake it off because there is a tough stretch of games between now and the end of the semester.

Not everything was awful. I think Williams had a really good game for the minutes she played and brought a steadying influence when she was in the game. Tynes is going to be really special when she gets more minutes under her belt.

Dukes head to Liberty on Thursday. I think the game is on ESPN+, so it will be easier to watch.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021 07:14 PM by LovethoseDukes.)
11-14-2021 07:12 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
(11-14-2021 07:11 PM)olddawg Wrote:  The elephant in the room is that while we may not have won these OOC games in the past (Kenny era), we were pretty competitive. It's time to question whether we are bringing in the same talent as we used to. I personally don't believe we are, but even if you think we are....then what is the reason for our decline against ranked teams? The only logical reason, if you think the talent hasn't dropped off, would be coaching. Hope we can turn it around.
Much like the softball season, the CAA season means nothing. It's our OOC schedule and postseason that mean everything.

Please. Get a grip. It's game 2. Peyton is still out. Maryland is ranked #4. Stop clutching your pearls already. The top half dozen teams might be playing well. Pretty much nobody else is yet. "It's not about how you play in November, it's about how you play in March"--none other than Pat Summit.
11-15-2021 12:06 AM
olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2021 12:06 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  
(11-14-2021 07:11 PM)olddawg Wrote:  The elephant in the room is that while we may not have won these OOC games in the past (Kenny era), we were pretty competitive. It's time to question whether we are bringing in the same talent as we used to. I personally don't believe we are, but even if you think we are....then what is the reason for our decline against ranked teams? The only logical reason, if you think the talent hasn't dropped off, would be coaching. Hope we can turn it around.

Please. Get a grip. It's game 2. Peyton is still out. Maryland is ranked #4. Stop clutching your pearls already. The top half dozen teams might be playing well. Pretty much nobody else is yet. "It's not about how you play in November, it's about how you play in March"--none other than Pat Summit.

Maryland has played three games and won them all. Longwood, Villanova and JMU. We played the least competitive game against MD of their three opponents; not even striking distance at half. To me, that's a problem.
11-15-2021 03:06 AM
dukesfan4010 Offline
2nd String

I thought the crowd was disappointing for #4 coming to town...but Sunday afternoon...I get it.

I was not impressed with what I saw. Credit to Maryland as they are 100% a title contender this year - Owusu had the entire game on a string.

Anybody else feel like Maryland got a tough whistle? Multiple times in the second have I commented that Maryland players are going to get hurt - Lack of calls and some questionable play for the Dukes. Maybe this was just me, interested to hear if anyone else felt the same. I watched Carodine do some questionable stuff a few different times.

On the basketball front, obviously starts with defense and rebounding. I think this group will struggle on D - Coach O eluded to it at Oneils last week - hard to dominate on defense without a Kayla Cooper Williams type. Seems like an excuse (See JMU MBB), but I digress. Most lineups I saw us use had two players who can create off the dribble. I think Maryland knew this as well. Tinsley, Green, Neff, Carodine, Ouderkirk, etc. All good players but all struggle to create their own. Need other options to step up other than Kiki and Hazell. Green, Goodman, Carodine starting together is a spacing nightmare, and we saw that vs a good team. McDaniel coming back should help wonders for this team.

Hazell (Green)
Mcdaniel
Neff
KiKi
Goodman (Carodine if you go small)

Multiple offensive threats, good spacing (Neff). Have to get some stops at the end of the day.

I will hold out hope and still support, but I dont think Sean is the guy for the job. Anybody saying we have even maintained the success we had under Kenny is lying to themselves. Lack of tournamnet this year will probably buy him another year or 2 - this was a championship or bust year in my opinion. Its been too long.
11-15-2021 09:32 AM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(11-15-2021 03:06 AM)olddawg Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 12:06 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  

Maryland has played three games and won them all. Longwood, Villanova and JMU. We played the least competitive game against MD of their three opponents; not even striking distance at half. To me, that's a problem.

As you said no way we should beat UMD, but you'd hope we'd be more competitive than Longwood - who just lost to Stony Brook by 19 in Farmville. Let's see how we play versus a decent LU on Thursday.
11-15-2021 09:47 AM
hburg Offline

(11-15-2021 09:32 AM)dukesfan4010 Wrote:  I thought the crowd was disappointing for #4 coming to town...but Sunday afternoon...I get it.

I was not impressed with what I saw. Credit to Maryland as they are 100% a title contender this year - Owusu had the entire game on a string.

Anybody else feel like Maryland got a tough whistle? Multiple times in the second have I commented that Maryland players are going to get hurt - Lack of calls and some questionable play for the Dukes. Maybe this was just me, interested to hear if anyone else felt the same. I watched Carodine do some questionable stuff a few different times.

On the basketball front, obviously starts with defense and rebounding. I think this group will struggle on D - Coach O eluded to it at Oneils last week - hard to dominate on defense without a Kayla Cooper Williams type. Seems like an excuse (See JMU MBB), but I digress. Most lineups I saw us use had two players who can create off the dribble. I think Maryland knew this as well. Tinsley, Green, Neff, Carodine, Ouderkirk, etc. All good players but all struggle to create their own. Need other options to step up other than Kiki and Hazell. Green, Goodman, Carodine starting together is a spacing nightmare, and we saw that vs a good team. McDaniel coming back should help wonders for this team.

Hazell (Green)
Mcdaniel
Neff
KiKi
Goodman (Carodine if you go small)

Multiple offensive threats, good spacing (Neff). Have to get some stops at the end of the day.

I will hold out hope and still support, but I dont think Sean is the guy for the job. Anybody saying we have even maintained the success we had under Kenny is lying to themselves. Lack of tournamnet this year will probably buy him another year or 2 - this was a championship or bust year in my opinion. Its been too long.
It seemed Coach O didn't have them prepared for the game.

11-15-2021 10:54 AM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
Womens basketball is the most top heavy sport I think ive ever seen. If Maryland is truly a top 5 team, it is no surprise we lost by 40. For instance, last year #5 missouri state lost by almost 40 in the elite 8 to #1 stanford.

I love watching our women perform, I think they are solidly in the top 30-40 teams in the NCAA, but the separation between the top 3 or 4 and #25 is absolutely miles.
11-15-2021 11:11 AM
Dukester Offline

(11-15-2021 11:11 AM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  Womens basketball is the most top heavy sport I think ive ever seen. If Maryland is truly a top 5 team, it is no surprise we lost by 40. For instance, last year #5 missouri state lost by almost 40 in the elite 8 to #1 stanford.

I love watching our women perform, I think they are solidly in the top 30-40 teams in the NCAA, but the separation between the top 3 or 4 and #25 is absolutely miles.

I hope that is the case, because a top 30-40 should get us an at-large bid. 02-13-banana I will say you're much more optimistic than me, but I hope you're right!

We're not in the top 39 this week, but hopefully soon.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball...ated-press
11-15-2021 11:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.