Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago State wins!!!!!
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Chicago State wins!!!!!
How long has it been since we opened the season with a D1 win? Has it ever happened?
11-09-2021 09:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: Chicago State wins!!!!!
(11-09-2021 09:59 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  How long has it been since we opened the season with a D1 win? Has it ever happened?

Excellent news! Big congratulations. Looking the the stats (I couldn't watch) I am impressed. Over 50% from the field and 46% from 3 is great. 8 turnovers is very good.

Without knowing much about St Thomas, the stats still tell me CSU played well. The shooting percent wouldn't be high against anyone if you are taking bad shots. A lot of turnovers are as much poor offensive choices as they are the strength of the defense (again, not knowing St Thomas at all). On both fronts, Chicago must have played well.

You were down by 8 with 6 minutes and coming back to win by 5. Always a good sign.

Off to a good start. Give those fans a reason (an opportunity by having home games!) to show up and they will. Again, congrats on the win. Don't want a 28 game losing streak becoming a new teams baggage, so you have shaken that off first thing.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021 11:08 PM by Todor.)
11-09-2021 10:58 PM
DZ1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU
Great win! Congrats! I'm sure playing at home certainly helped. CSU has a chance to go 2-0 on the season with another home game this Friday against SIU Edwardsville. Go Cougars!
11-10-2021 08:35 AM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
(11-09-2021 09:59 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  How long has it been since we opened the season with a D1 win? Has it ever happened?

It’s been a LONG time since they won their opening game against a D1 opponent. The vast majority of seasons, they’re on the road playing a money game. During Dildy’s era, he had several non D1 opponents. But in 2006-07, they beat St Bonaventure on a neutral floor in the 2K Classic (Austin, TX). Then in 90-91, they won @ Detroit. Finally, in 89-90, they hosted Northeastern Illinois and won. NEIU were D1 at that time. They subsequently hosted Southern and lost that one.

So yeah.. another history making opportunity if they can win on Friday.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2021 07:36 PM by joshadam84.)
11-11-2021 07:35 PM
Advertisement

joshadam84 Offline

(11-09-2021 10:58 PM)Todor Wrote:  

Excellent news! Big congratulations. Looking the the stats (I couldn't watch) I am impressed. Over 50% from the field and 46% from 3 is great. 8 turnovers is very good.

Without knowing much about St Thomas, the stats still tell me CSU played well. The shooting percent wouldn't be high against anyone if you are taking bad shots. A lot of turnovers are as much poor offensive choices as they are the strength of the defense (again, not knowing St Thomas at all). On both fronts, Chicago must have played well.

You were down by 8 with 6 minutes and coming back to win by 5. Always a good sign.

Off to a good start. Give those fans a reason (an opportunity by having home games!) to show up and they will. Again, congrats on the win. Don't want a 28 game losing streak becoming a new teams baggage, so you have shaken that off first thing.

Appreciate it, Todor!

The Cougars has some sloppy fouls but overall they played pretty darn good! Like you said, they shot the ball very well and had more assists than turnovers. That’ll typically get you in a good position!

St. Thomas can shoot the ball.. so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get several wins this year especially during Summit play.
11-11-2021 07:59 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(11-10-2021 08:35 AM)DZ1 Wrote:  Great win! Congrats! I'm sure playing at home certainly helped. CSU has a chance to go 2-0 on the season with another home game this Friday against SIU Edwardsville. Go Cougars!

Edwardsville (which is in suburban St Louis if anyone is curious)_hasn't been very good, lately, but they hung with Marquette in their first game. They will be a tougher opponent if their first game is any indication.
11-11-2021 08:00 PM
joshadam84 Offline

(11-10-2021 08:35 AM)DZ1 Wrote:  Great win! Congrats! I'm sure playing at home certainly helped. CSU has a chance to go 2-0 on the season with another home game this Friday against SIU Edwardsville. Go Cougars!

Loved seeing the Cougars pull it out!! I’m hopefully they’ll come out with the same intensity on Friday and get their first ever 2-0 start (against D1 schools)!
11-11-2021 08:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.