Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FUNBELT Gratitude
Bookmark and Share
D4RKW4T3R ROCK Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EAGLES SMTTT
FUNBELT Gratitude
As a lifelong USM fan, This invitation from the SUNBELT Conference is nothing more than a miracle for Southern Miss. The last 10 years spent in that micky mouse conference with teams that looked down on USM have been cringe and depressing. I have looked on at the Sunbelt teams and watched as they have raised the brand of this conference over that span of time with truly exciting brand of football, baseball, and now the basketball is going to blow up as well. It was always somewhere that I hoped USM could end up with teams that are established, confident but not blowhards like CUSA. To say that I am overjoyed with this move is a complete understatement. I see USM developing new rivalries and picking up on established ones right away in the Sunbelt Conference. The teams in this conference are on the move and it is awesome to be part of this strong group of teams. My hope is the date we begin competing in the Sunbelt will be sooner rather that 2023. Good luck and let the competition begin.
FUNBELT HERE WE COME SOUTHERN MISS TO THE TOP!
This is my first post in YEARS.03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021 12:16 PM by D4RKW4T3R ROCK.)
11-08-2021 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
RE: FUNBELT Gratitude
WELCOME ABOARD. I know that the Conference is thrilled to have y’all.

Looking forward to a long and spirited competition, here in The Fun Belt. 02-13-banana
11-08-2021 11:43 AM
D4RKW4T3R ROCK Offline
2nd String

(11-08-2021 11:43 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  WELCOME ABOARD. I know that the Conference is thrilled to have y’all.

Looking forward to a long and spirited competition, here in The Fun Belt. 02-13-banana

Thanks friend and we look forward to visiting San Marcos and Tx State Bobcats. My family is from Texas. I have a Sister in Ozona, and family in Santa Anna, Goldthwaite
11-08-2021 11:53 AM
slycat Online
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
USM was a dream add. Even if y'all are down, y'all are about as good of an add that a G5 can get. The support, culture, and history. Marshall is up there too. JMU on a FCS level and ODU seems to for basketball and will grow it for football. Now we need TXST football to do their part and contribute.
11-08-2021 12:00 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
No doubt the SBC is glad to have gotten Southern Miss.

Lots of history, tradition, pride, and support. Getting them added to the brand of the conference.
11-08-2021 11:01 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(11-08-2021 11:53 AM)D4RKW4T3R ROCK Wrote:  
(11-08-2021 11:43 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  WELCOME ABOARD. I know that the Conference is thrilled to have y’all.

Thanks friend and we look forward to visiting San Marcos and Tx State Bobcats. My family is from Texas. I have a Sister in Ozona, and family in Santa Anna, Goldthwaite

Ozona, been through there many a time. If you’re in South Texas, and need to head West, then you’re gonna take IH-10, right through Ozona . . . Pretty Country.
11-08-2021 11:32 PM
Advertisement

hotrod2001 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
We're happy to have you here. Now do you part and get back to the USM of old 03-wink
11-09-2021 12:58 AM
DoubletapWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Red Wolves and SBC
(11-08-2021 11:38 AM)D4RKW4T3R ROCK Wrote:  As a lifelong USM fan, This invitation from the SUNBELT Conference is nothing more than a miracle for Southern Miss. The last 10 years spent in that micky mouse conference with teams that looked down on USM have been cringe and depressing. I have looked on at the Sunbelt teams and watched as they have raised the brand of this conference over that span of time with truly exciting brand of football, baseball, and now the basketball is going to blow up as well. It was always somewhere that I hoped USM could end up with teams that are established, confident but not blowhards like CUSA. To say that I am overjoyed with this move is a complete understatement. I see USM developing new rivalries and picking up on established ones right away in the Sunbelt Conference. The teams in this conference are on the move and it is awesome to be part of this strong group of teams. My hope is the date we begin competing in the Sunbelt will be sooner rather that 2023. Good luck and let the competition begin.

Love me some USM . . so happy to have you guys in the Conference.

WELCOME TO THE SUN BELT . . WELCOME HOME !! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021 08:11 AM by DoubletapWolf.)
11-09-2021 08:10 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
South Alabama is extremely happy to welcome our closest neighbor to the league. 80+ miles up the road, wow.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021 06:22 PM by JoeJag.)
11-09-2021 06:20 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
USM is a huuge get. This conference now has an undeniable identity. A strong branding opportunity as the blue color bad ars tough as a pine knot conference of the south. If we stick together there truly is no limit to where this thing can take us. Moving to some convoluted stretched out mess anywhere else on the map would be a long term fail certainly a gamble. This conference is the reverse of a gamble. Welcome USM!
11-09-2021 06:38 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
FUNBELT Gratitude
I like the fact that most of the programs in the conference will at least make the necessary changes to be competitive. It may not work but most will attempt to succeed. I did think ULM had given up but then they go and hire two household named coaches. That’s what I like about USM and Marshall. I have no doubt a down USM will work to turn it around and Marshall will do the same if they start to decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-09-2021 08:49 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I’d like to echo my Southern Miss brethren in his gratitude. It’s no secret that both ODU’s fans and administration were unhappy in CUSA. The Sun Belt has given us new hope. A dream eastern division and a very intriguing western division as far as fan interest. Much tighter divisions and good competition in all sports.

Most of all though I appreciate the feeling of unity. Not just on the boards, I enjoyed the CUSA board fine. But we bonded in the mockery of our conference while you guys have bought into the vision. There was no unity in CUSA and precious little vision. The schools in this conference are a team from admin to fans and it shows and I’m looking forward to ODU being a part of that. I’ve been binge watching Ted Lasso and it’s got me in my feels but I already love cheering and jeering on my Fun Belt mates.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021 09:38 PM by mturn017.)
11-09-2021 09:35 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-09-2021 09:35 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  I’d like to echo my Southern Miss brethren in his gratitude. It’s no secret that both ODU’s fans and administration were unhappy in CUSA. The Sun Belt has given us new hope. A dream eastern division and a very intriguing western division as far as fan interest. Much tighter divisions and good competition in all sports.

Most of all though I appreciate the feeling of unity. Not just on the boards, I enjoyed the CUSA board fine. But we bonded in the mockery of our conference while you guys have bought into the vision. There was no unity in CUSA and precious little vision. The schools in this conference are a team from admin to fans and it shows and I’m looking forward to ODU being a part of that. I’ve been binge watching Ted Lasso and it’s got me in my feels but I already love cheering and jeering on my Fun Belt mates.

Message 100% endorsed.

We all of our programs have work to do. In ODU's case, we will need to improve on football, goose our overall attendance numbers and (particularly in mbb) win when it really matters.

These program challenges, which we've never denied, have been treated mostly as scabs to pick by our CUSA cohorts. I have no doubt that these same program concerns get justifiably called out on these boards in the coming seasons. But the general welcome that we have received has been refreshingly positive. Thanks Sun Belt fans/posters!
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2021 07:08 AM by AdoptedMonarch.)
11-10-2021 07:06 AM
HighlandsApp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: AppState
Welcome. Adding 4 schools with great fan/community/student support is awesome for all of us.
11-10-2021 08:42 AM
D4RKW4T3R ROCK Offline
2nd String

Thank you for the kind words now lets start beating the snot out of each other and most importantly beating the snot out of anyone else. SUNBELT PRIDE SOUTHERN MISS TO THE TOP04-rock
11-11-2021 10:53 AM
TravlnCajun Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UL
(11-11-2021 10:53 AM)D4RKW4T3R ROCK Wrote:  Thank you for the kind words now lets start beating the snot out of each other and most importantly beating the snot out of anyone else. SUNBELT PRIDE SOUTHERN MISS TO THE TOP04-rock

Well, Louisiana & USM will get first shot at it tomorrow night in MBB in Hattiesburg. Welcome Golden Eagles.

Geaux Cajuns
11-11-2021 09:16 PM
Advertisement

Crowley Cajun Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(11-08-2021 11:38 AM)D4RKW4T3R ROCK Wrote:  As a lifelong USM fan, This invitation from the SUNBELT Conference is nothing more than a miracle for Southern Miss. The last 10 years spent in that micky mouse conference with teams that looked down on USM have been cringe and depressing. I have looked on at the Sunbelt teams and watched as they have raised the brand of this conference over that span of time with truly exciting brand of football, baseball, and now the basketball is going to blow up as well. It was always somewhere that I hoped USM could end up with teams that are established, confident but not blowhards like CUSA. To say that I am overjoyed with this move is a complete understatement. I see USM developing new rivalries and picking up on established ones right away in the Sunbelt Conference. The teams in this conference are on the move and it is awesome to be part of this strong group of teams. My hope is the date we begin competing in the Sunbelt will be sooner rather that 2023. Good luck and let the competition begin.

I can't wait to see what the heights that this conference can achieve when everyone is all in and clicking. Welcome!
11-11-2021 09:40 PM
The Howling Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
FUNBELT Gratitude
I've always watched and rooted for other SBC teams when they're not playing stAte, but I honestly feel a real sense of pride even more now. I love the feeling of unity. We've been heading in the right direction for a few years now, but the addition of these new schools is definitely a shot in the arm for the SBC! Welcome to all of you! Now if stAte can just get its football program together!

Go stAte!
Go SBC!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
11-12-2021 10:42 AM
GreatAppSt Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Welcome USM, Marshall, ODU, and JMU

To quote Pink Floyd

"Everybody else is just green
Have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start
It could be made into a monster
If we all pull together as a team"

espn would follow with the next line.

"And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
We call it 'riding the gravy train"
11-17-2021 09:19 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
As a Cajuns fan growing up in the 80's, I always looked to USM as what our program could become if we just worked hard at it. So I'm absolutely t thrilled that we can finally share a conference with you.

Hopefully our conference allegiance can help return your program to glory.
11-17-2021 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.