UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Well the' Toot' was much improved.
pbt140 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U
Well the' Toot' was much improved.
I guess others had a problem with the 3rd down horn cause they ramped it up for this game. It was MUCH louder and in my opinion could have been even louder.
11-07-2021 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Well the' Toot' was much improved.
(11-07-2021 06:58 AM)pbt140 Wrote:  I guess others had a problem with the 3rd down horn cause they ramped it up for this game. It was MUCH louder and in my opinion could have been even louder.

concur... I'm pretty much giving this whole first season in the new digs a 'mulligan', at least somewhat, in order to get things tweaked... still wish they would work some 'dragon-y' sounds in at the tail end of it, tho...
11-07-2021 12:35 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Took my first walk around the concourse yesterday at halftime. What an amazing stadium.
11-07-2021 01:01 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
I thought the DJ playing "It's Tricky" by Run DMC while a Tech player was on the ground injured was a really classy look...

I know people are tired of the griping and moaning, and I know some of this stuff is trivial. But God some of this stuff is so bush league. I'd say respect the game, but I'm pretty sure the guy running the audio knows nothing of college football.
11-07-2021 01:47 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(11-07-2021 01:47 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  I thought the DJ playing "It's Tricky" by Run DMC while a Tech player was on the ground injured was a really classy look...

I know people are tired of the griping and moaning, and I know some of this stuff is trivial. But God some of this stuff is so bush league. I'd say respect the game, but I'm pretty sure the guy running the audio knows nothing of college football.

...I'm not certain whoever is running the 'DJ' stuff is even IN the stadium... ...may be working remotely from their mom's basement... 03-phew

It overall has 'dwindled' a bit in volume (both sound level and amount of times) from the Liberty game... I'm convinced the DJ drove off a good 20% of the crowd for that game, never to return... 03-banghead
11-07-2021 02:47 PM
Advertisement

pbt140 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U
(11-07-2021 02:47 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  It overall has 'dwindled' a bit in volume (both sound level and amount of times) from the Liberty game... I'm convinced the DJ drove off a good 20% of the crowd for that game, never to return... 03-banghead

+2
11-07-2021 03:12 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(11-07-2021 02:47 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  
(11-07-2021 01:47 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  I thought the DJ playing "It's Tricky" by Run DMC while a Tech player was on the ground injured was a really classy look...

...I'm not certain whoever is running the 'DJ' stuff is even IN the stadium... ...may be working remotely from their mom's basement... 03-phew

It overall has 'dwindled' a bit in volume (both sound level and amount of times) from the Liberty game... I'm convinced the DJ drove off a good 20% of the crowd for that game, never to return... 03-banghead

It's still too loud. Especially the tunes I can't stand!
11-07-2021 03:24 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(11-07-2021 03:24 PM)BlazerDave Wrote:  
(11-07-2021 02:47 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  

It's still too loud. Especially the tunes I can't stand!

...never thought I'd see the day I agree with that statement - well, at this point even the tunes I grew up with need to be somewhat 'tempered', volume-wise... ...and DEFINITELY the 'new' stuff (i.e., pretty much anything from the 21st Century) is just not in my wheelhouse at ANY volume.

I'm thinking most of us on this board are in the 'getting AARP mail' stage now... 03-old03-old03-old 03-lmfao ...but in general, the philosophy that you have to blare current music throughout a contest is pretty overbearing at a college football game... I mean, let the band play more! I know they are trying to 'jazz it up' for the young fans (man, 'jazz it up' is an old-sounding phrase in and of itself...03-old ), but it may well cancel out a lot of 'our age' folks out there who would be 'casual fans' that WOULD attend a game every once in awhile, but are repelled by the tortuous tones of the auto-tune, bass-thumpin', guitar squealin' onslaught... ok, goofy old coot rant over... 03-hissyfit carry on... 03-lmfao
11-07-2021 11:34 PM
UABOG85 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U.a.B
The Flames were back. They were on top of the scoreboard when ever we scored.
They were heavily affected by the wind but it was nice to see those back.
11-08-2021 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.