UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Watching G5 games tonight...
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Watching G5 games tonight...
The AAC teams/players (ECU & USF) just look better - bigger, stronger, faster - than the SunBelt teams (CCU & Troy) - at least the teams tonight. I also think Marshall is closer to an AAC team than a SunBelt team. I don't know what UAB looks like in comparison, but...
10-28-2021 08:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Online
All American

RE: Watching G5 games tonight...
I think UAB at its best looks better than all of them. But we've not been at our best due to injuries and our penchant to make situations harder than they should be.
10-28-2021 09:21 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I think if we were fully healthy and in the AAC right now we would be somewhere between Navy and USFs level. Essentially bottom half of the conference. Hopefully the recruiting picks up with the new conference. I think it will for UTSA, UNT, and FAU.
10-28-2021 09:27 PM
UAB99 Offline
Banned

UAB needs to recruit much better to compete in the AAC.
10-28-2021 09:30 PM
Ramblin Wreck Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Georgia Tech/ UAB/ Bama
With Thursday night games scheduled every week for both the AAC and Sun Belt, you would think the teams in metro areas of the AAC should have better attendance for TV. I know weather was an issue for the Coastal Carolina game, but it looked like only 5,000 people were there. A 6:30 PM kick-off would do well for those working in the downtown area of Birmingham. Leave work and go to uptown for dinner or play a little top golf, then walk across the street for the game.
10-28-2021 09:37 PM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

UAB healthy would be somewhere around 4th or 5th in the AAC. I'd rank Cincinnati, SMU and UCF better, with Houston, Memphis and UAB in the next group. We have the players to compete with that 2nd tier right now. We wouldn't beat that group with 95 yards of penalties per game and penchant to kill our defense by giving away first downs after stops.

Recruiting does need to go up a notch now that the facilities and conference future is set. Time to start getting our share of difference-makers out of high school who have multiple good offers instead of living in the coal stack looking for potential diamonds.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021 09:44 PM by DuelingDragon.)
10-28-2021 09:42 PM
Advertisement

BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

(10-28-2021 09:42 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  UAB healthy would be somewhere around 4th or 5th in the AAC. I'd rank Cincinnati, SMU and UCF better, with Houston, Memphis and UAB in the next group. We have the players to compete with that 2nd tier right now. We wouldn't beat that group with 95 yards of penalties per game and penchant to kill our defense by giving away first downs after stops.

Recruiting does need to go up a notch now that the facilities and conference future is set. Time to start getting our share of difference-makers out of high school who have multiple good offers instead of living in the coal stack looking for potential diamonds.

On a good day we would challenge ECU, USF, and Tulsa....on. bad day we would struggle with Navy and Tulane...we were pretty healthy when we played Tulane and they almost came back on us. They've won one game all season against an FCS team I believe.
10-28-2021 10:25 PM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

Yall are greatly overstating them. The pool of players didn’t change.
10-28-2021 10:30 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I have no doubt the AAC has a recruiting advantage over us. They get frequent exposure on ESPN which is huge. I'd like to see us play a mid tier AAC team in a bowl this year (if we make it) to see where we stack up.
10-28-2021 10:52 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
We would be near the bottom of both conferences this year… Due to coaching issues and shooting ourselves in the foot constantly, injuries, and penalties of course
10-28-2021 11:06 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

Yep.
10-28-2021 11:13 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Yea we would be last or next to last. Probably bottom of whatever CUSA becomes. I dare say we would struggle to finish in the top half of the A-Sun or WAC.
10-29-2021 06:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(10-28-2021 09:42 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  UAB healthy would be somewhere around 4th or 5th in the AAC. I'd rank Cincinnati, SMU and UCF better, with Houston, Memphis and UAB in the next group. We have the players to compete with that 2nd tier right now. We wouldn't beat that group with 95 yards of penalties per game and penchant to kill our defense by giving away first downs after stops.

Pretty much my take away. We were banged up some when we played Tulane. We just didn't realize how bad.

Penalties continue to be an issue that needs addressed as we have all stated and recruiting needs to pick it up which I think it will. I used to elaborate more but its not worth it.
10-29-2021 06:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

Watching G5 games tonight...
(10-29-2021 06:12 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Yea we would be last or next to last. Probably bottom of whatever CUSA becomes. I dare say we would struggle to finish in the top half of the A-Sun or WAC.

Just shut it down. Make the practice facility into a playplace for children. Send Finis a note of apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-29-2021 06:21 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

a note and a couple hookers. He likes blondes I hear.
10-29-2021 06:28 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
Ah, the cheerleaders finally showed up. Only took until Thursday to crawl back out of the bunker. Same tired spiel as always.

What, nothing about a ledge? No baby seals or dead horses?

Talk about Binary Thinking. UAB is dead last in penalty yards per game for the second straight season and all these drones can come up with is "shut it down!"? YAWN.

The same people said the EXACT SAME **** during the Callaway and Ehsan Errors.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2021 06:44 AM by BlazerGreen.)
10-29-2021 06:41 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
People said to support the coach and team under Ehsan. I can't recall a single person thinking Ehsan was a good coach by year three. You are living in revisionist history there. You can have issues with the team/coaching/overall program and still be supportive.

UAB football is what it is right now. In the AAC or Sun Belt we'd probably be near .500 this year. We would win and lose some games we shouldn't, but the team just isn't consistent(or deep) enough to win week in and week out. I'm as frustrated as anybody with where we are at right now in the season, but there is a lot of football left to be played this year. Find a way to win out, and we are almost assured a spot in the championship game.

I expect to see some changes this offseason as we get ready to head to our new home. We need to figure out where our depth is lacking, and really hit those spots in recruiting. We obviously need to address the QB position, if for nothing more than competition in the offseason. We need to find some receivers that can make an instant impact. We are also still in this weird era of restoring our program and then having COVID, so we've had a continuous run of older players. I have faith in Clark and think he can make the necessary adjustments, I just hope we make them sooner, because I don't want to do what ECU did when we move to the AAC.
10-29-2021 08:32 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(10-29-2021 08:32 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  People said to support the coach and team under Ehsan. I can't recall a single person thinking Ehsan was a good coach by year three. You are living in revisionist history there. You can have issues with the team/coaching/overall program and still be supportive.

UAB football is what it is right now. In the AAC or Sun Belt we'd probably be near .500 this year. We would win and lose some games we shouldn't, but the team just isn't consistent(or deep) enough to win week in and week out. I'm as frustrated as anybody with where we are at right now in the season, but there is a lot of football left to be played this year. Find a way to win out, and we are almost assured a spot in the championship game.

I expect to see some changes this offseason as we get ready to head to our new home. We need to figure out where our depth is lacking, and really hit those spots in recruiting. We obviously need to address the QB position, if for nothing more than competition in the offseason. We need to find some receivers that can make an instant impact. We are also still in this weird era of restoring our program and then having COVID, so we've had a continuous run of older players. I have faith in Clark and think he can make the necessary adjustments, I just hope we make them sooner, because I don't want to do what ECU did when we move to the AAC.

Yep. Status quo will kill us in the AAC. We have to grow and make changes. We haven’t done that in the 5 years really, and have been in a holding pattern or trending down since 2018.

I wouldn’t be super surprised if we went 4-0 or if we went 0-4 the rest of the year. I support the team and Clark, even if I disagree with several of his decisions lately. I still think we are the best or 2nd best in this conference when are playing our best and not shooting ourselves in the foot over and over (hasn’t happened much, I know).
10-29-2021 09:03 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

(10-29-2021 09:03 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(10-29-2021 08:32 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  People said to support the coach and team under Ehsan. I can't recall a single person thinking Ehsan was a good coach by year three. You are living in revisionist history there. You can have issues with the team/coaching/overall program and still be supportive.

Yep. Status quo will kill us in the AAC. We have to grow and make changes. We haven’t done that in the 5 years really, and have been in a holding pattern or trending down since 2018.

I wouldn’t be super surprised if we went 4-0 or if we went 0-4 the rest of the year. I support the team and Clark, even if I disagree with several of his decisions lately. I still think we are the best or 2nd best in this conference when are playing our best and not shooting ourselves in the foot over and over (hasn’t happened much, I know).
agree. 04-cheers
10-29-2021 09:38 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals

Nope. Same people were even predicting a turnaround before Ehsan's last season. After he was fired they still wouldn't say he was a bad coach.
The faces and sports change but the song remains the same: ridicule those that criticize. SID fanboys.
10-29-2021 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.