Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: For Men's Basketball - Who do you want on your cross-divisional schedule in 2023?
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Georgia Southern
Georgia State
James Madison
Marshall
Old Dominion
Arkansas State
Louisiana
ULM
South Alabama
Southern Miss
Texas State
Troy
[Show Results]

For Men's Basketball - Who do you want on your cross-divisional schedule in 2023?
Bookmark and Share
ODU BBALL Online
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
MyBB For Men's Basketball - Who do you want on your cross-divisional schedule in 2023?
It seemed like basketball should have some votes as well.

I went with Louisiana figuring that they might be the best of the western division and I want ODU to play the best schedule possible for NET purposes (just in case).
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021 03:55 PM by ODU BBALL.)
10-28-2021 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
RE: For Men's Basketball - Who do you want on your cross-divisional schedule in 2023?
How is basketball scheduling going to work?

18 games = 12 divisional + 6 non divisional? Is that 3 home and 3 away games vs 3 or 6 different schools?

If it's 3 different schools give me 1. GaSt, 2. GaSo, 3. App State
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021 03:44 PM by Troy_Fan_15.)
10-28-2021 03:44 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: For Men's Basketball - Who do you want on your cross-divisional schedule in 2023?
Are we doing divisions for basketball?
10-28-2021 03:58 PM
3333 Man Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
If we drop UTA and UALR, I would prefer home & home with eastern divison, and play everyone in the west one time each year. That shouldn't be too difficult to make happen. We need to play consistantly to build and maintain rivalries accross division lines. For the same reason, I hope we end up playing 3 cross divisional games in football.
10-28-2021 05:12 PM
Advertisement

Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
C-USA with 14 teams usually went with:
2 games vs 5 divisional teams.
1 game vs 1 division team
1 game vs 7 non-division teams.

18 games. 9 home, 9 away.
10-28-2021 05:22 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2021 05:22 PM)Noodles Wrote:  C-USA with 14 teams usually went with:
2 games vs 5 divisional teams.
1 game vs 1 division team
1 game vs 7 non-division teams.

18 games. 9 home, 9 away.

How about 19 games, add another divisional game. So everyone gets a H&A in div.
10-28-2021 05:31 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

(10-28-2021 05:12 PM)3333 Man Wrote:  If we drop UTA and UALR, I would prefer home & home with eastern divison, and play everyone in the west one time each year. That shouldn't be too difficult to make happen. We need to play consistantly to build and maintain rivalries accross division lines. For the same reason, I hope we end up playing 3 cross divisional games in football.

19 game basketball schedule is more realistic than a 9 game football schedule. Both offer uneven amount of home games which would be easier to manage for basketball. 19 games isn’t ideal though.
10-28-2021 05:40 PM
Advertisement

Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

Weren't the Belt and CUSA going to do a scheduling alliance with like the CAA and OVC? That never happened and it never will given the shape of CUSA and the OVC (and arguably the CAA is in trouble with JMU leaving). Wonder if there's any interest in a challenge like that? SoCon seems like it'd be a good partner and provide some good matchups from the top half at least.
10-28-2021 06:01 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
The SBC currently does not have divisions in basketball.
10-28-2021 07:23 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I don't know how possible it is in the Sun Belt, but I really enjoyed the Flex Schedule C-USA did a few years ago. I know it was a bit controversial to some C-USA fans but it meant that the best teams in the conference would play each other multiple times and would limit the amount of times the worse teams would pull down the better teams' ratings. If we could replicate that somehow here that would be great
10-28-2021 07:28 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
As a Marshall fan, I voted Texas State, because didn't they have a good team last year?
10-28-2021 07:32 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

(10-28-2021 07:28 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  I don't know how possible it is in the Sun Belt, but I really enjoyed the Flex Schedule C-USA did a few years ago. I know it was a bit controversial to some C-USA fans but it meant that the best teams in the conference would play each other multiple times and would limit the amount of times the worse teams would pull down the better teams' ratings. If we could replicate that somehow here that would be great

I’d be down giving it another shot. If it moves the champ up a seed it’s worth it.
10-28-2021 07:34 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
(10-28-2021 07:34 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(10-28-2021 07:28 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  I don't know how possible it is in the Sun Belt, but I really enjoyed the Flex Schedule C-USA did a few years ago. I know it was a bit controversial to some C-USA fans but it meant that the best teams in the conference would play each other multiple times and would limit the amount of times the worse teams would pull down the better teams' ratings. If we could replicate that somehow here that would be great

I’d be down giving it another shot. If it moves the champ up a seed it’s worth it.

Last year flex schedule would have really worked well for CUSA in 2020.

However, in order for flex scheduling to work, we all have to commit NOW to better OOC play.
10-28-2021 07:36 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

(10-28-2021 07:23 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The SBC currently does not have divisions in basketball.

With two extra teams there’s going to be that fewer less teams you’d play twice. You either think geographically and saving some travel expenses or go for strength of schedule. You don’t necessarily have to do divisions for seeding.
10-28-2021 07:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.