UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

91.5 penalty yards per game
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
91.5 penalty yards per game
Good enough for dead last in FBS: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/...eam/698/p3

03-nutkick
10-24-2021 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

RE: 91.5 penalty yards per game
Well no where to go but upwards.
10-24-2021 10:31 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
(10-24-2021 10:27 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  Good enough for dead last in FBS: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/...eam/698/p3

03-nutkick

“We JuSt PlAy WiTh An EdGe”
10-24-2021 10:37 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

After the Rice game:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8dMcsqaXvGTm-rEONhC9...p;usqp=CAU]

They need to fix it expeditiously 05-nono
10-24-2021 11:21 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

Move along. Nothing to see here.
10-25-2021 12:09 AM
C-Finder Offline
All American

(10-25-2021 12:09 AM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  Move along. Nothing to see here.

[Image: basketball-grandma.gif]
10-25-2021 12:45 AM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
It’s such a glaring issue, and it’s cost us multiple games… But they seem to care so little and don’t do anything about it… It’s just the price we have to pay for our “elite” defense I guess shrug
10-25-2021 03:17 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Come on guys, lets stop focusing on the negatives and highlight the positives so far. We're one game away from bowl eligibility and a couple of bad calls from the refs away from being 7-1. 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021 07:43 AM by HiddenDragon.)
10-25-2021 06:03 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Cue AB: “the sky is falling. I support my team.”
10-25-2021 07:16 AM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
We’re basically The U, sans the trophy case.
10-25-2021 07:24 AM
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Do you not think the coaching staff knows this stat? I am sure they are working on it, but most of the penalties are PI and Holdings with a few Personal Fouls. Mainly I see PI as being the biggest one that bites us with holding #2. Those are hard to coach up when kids are in heat of moment.
10-25-2021 08:02 AM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2021 08:02 AM)jaymay2525 Wrote:  Do you not think the coaching staff knows this stat? I am sure they are working on it, but most of the penalties are PI and Holdings with a few Personal Fouls. Mainly I see PI as being the biggest one that bites us with holding #2. Those are hard to coach up when kids are in heat of moment.

Then why are we consistently the worst, or near the worst, in the country in penalties? It's obvious the coaching staff isn't doing anything to address it. It's been like this for 5 years, and is getting worse. Every team plays "in the heat of the moment," and doesn't rack up penalties like we do. That's a weak excuse. People are too easy on the staff on here.
10-25-2021 08:06 AM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

Bill Clark saved UAB athletics from top to bottom.

He might not be Nick Satan level yet but he is the best we've ever had....

Unless we go 4-8 a couple of seasons in a row or have a Wimp Sanderson b"eat your secretary like a drum" incident...I can stomach a loss to Rice.

i think we still control our own destiny.
10-25-2021 08:07 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2021 08:07 AM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  Bill Clark saved UAB athletics from top to bottom.

Unless we go 4-8 a couple of seasons in a row or have a Wimp Sanderson b"eat your secretary like a drum" incident...I can stomach a loss to Rice.

No one is talking about firing him or that his job is in jeopardy, but he should have to answer some tough questions and absolutely has to make some changes for our team to grow.

If he doesn't make any changes in the offseason, it's clear that the staff is just fine with us being a slightly-above-mediocre G5 team and playing at a CUSA level in perpetuity.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021 08:14 AM by The Answer UAB.)
10-25-2021 08:08 AM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

First thing we should do, is start TJ3 at QB so we aren’t taking timeouts because our QB don’t know what is being called.
10-25-2021 08:12 AM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
(10-25-2021 08:02 AM)jaymay2525 Wrote:  Those are hard to coach up when kids are in heat of moment.

Okay. But can't the same be said of every other team in the country? I mean, from sea to shining sea, kids are in the heat of the moment every Saturday on football fields. Somehow, they all do it and manage to get penalized less than us. Clearly it can be coached up. Our staff just isn't doing it. Or they're doing it worse than every other staff in America.
10-25-2021 09:05 AM
Advertisement

Ramblin Wreck Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Georgia Tech/ UAB/ Bama
The only way to address this is to take playing time away from the offenders. Unfortunately that is difficult to do if you don’t have a good bench. With no consequences to playing time, the trend will continue.

I almost avoid listening to UAB games because it seems like half the big positive plays are wiped out due to a penalty. I’d rather just not know.
10-25-2021 09:23 AM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

(10-25-2021 09:23 AM)Ramblin Wreck Wrote:  The only way to address this is to take playing time away from the offenders. Unfortunately that is difficult to do if you don’t have a good bench. With no consequences to playing time, the trend will continue.

I almost avoid listening to UAB games because it seems like half the big positive plays are wiped out due to a penalty. I’d rather just not know.

Some of us like being miserable while watching our offense. Others leave at halftime. The defensive penalties have cut down regarding personal fouls. I can live with PI. Wish we’d get out of zone and still play straight press man2man. Clark should let Reeves get back to coaching the defense.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021 09:32 AM by BlazinBham.)
10-25-2021 09:30 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(10-25-2021 08:08 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(10-25-2021 08:07 AM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  Bill Clark saved UAB athletics from top to bottom.

No one is talking about firing him or that his job is in jeopardy, but he should have to answer some tough questions and absolutely has to make some changes for our team to grow.

If he doesn't make any changes in the offseason, it's clear that the staff is just fine with us being a slightly-above-mediocre G5 team and playing at a CUSA level in perpetuity.

Right it's like people don't understand that you can be upset/disappointed and appreciative at the same time. I very much appreciate what Bill Clark has done, and continues to do for us at UAB. But I'm also frustrated that it's the same damn thing every year. At this point in the program's return it's not unreasonable to expect to see improvements in the areas that were issues in the first few years.
10-25-2021 01:59 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-25-2021 01:59 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  
(10-25-2021 08:08 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  

Right it's like people don't understand that you can be upset/disappointed and appreciative at the same time. I very much appreciate what Bill Clark has done, and continues to do for us at UAB. But I'm also frustrated that it's the same damn thing every year. At this point in the program's return it's not unreasonable to expect to see improvements in the areas that were issues in the first few years.

Bill Clark is awesome and I am very glad he's our coach and that he stuck around. However, he is not perfect, and there are obvious issues that need to be addressed for us to continue to grow.
10-25-2021 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.