Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 7 - JMU vs UR
Bookmark and Share
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
Week 7 - JMU vs UR
Anyone want to talk about our upcoming football game or would you prefer to argue with visiting posters about mythical conferences or have the same on-going debate over whether Houston or Cig is the better coach?

Opening line is -13 Dukes, O/U 47.5.

Bridgeforth East will hopefully continue to be a majority purple. There are still some very cheap tickets available for anyone that wants to go.

We need to bounce back in a major way after two lackluster performances. Richmonds playoff hopes are very much on the ropes and likely need to win out to have a shot. I’m sure we will get their best.

Thoughts? BDK, wanna do the deep dive?
10-14-2021 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Week 7 - JMU vs UR
If the team can't get up for this game, we don't deserve to make the playoffs. This game needs to be a statement. I think this game is going to define this team. If it's a struggle, we don't have a chance at a championship. If we blow UR out in a big way, it could be some great momentum moving forward.
I predict JMU covers and I would take the over.

JMU 42
UR 13
10-14-2021 08:12 AM
fishingduke12 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
I'd prefer to continue to argue over things we have no control over for the foreseeable future and then when something does happen with either conference realignment or a coaching change I will then argue over that
10-14-2021 08:15 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(10-14-2021 07:43 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  Bridgeforth East will hopefully continue to be a majority purple. There are still some very cheap tickets available for anyone that wants to go.
Where are these very cheap ones available? I only need 1 but see them on Stubhub at $48 which after fees turns into $62.86.
10-14-2021 08:19 AM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

Week 7 - JMU vs UR
(10-14-2021 08:19 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 07:43 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  Bridgeforth East will hopefully continue to be a majority purple. There are still some very cheap tickets available for anyone that wants to go.
Where are these very cheap ones available? I only need 1 but see them on Stubhub at $48 which after fees turns into $62.86.

As I said in the ticket thread, you can get $45 tickets through the Richmond athletics website. They opened up their remaining tickets a few days ago.
10-14-2021 08:20 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Richmond is so sad.
10-14-2021 08:27 AM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(10-14-2021 08:20 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 08:19 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  

As I said in the ticket thread, you can get $45 tickets through the Richmond athletics website. They opened up their remaining tickets a few days ago.
OK, thanks, I guess I had a different understanding of what "very cheap" is in regards to Richmond tickets. Seeing your post here I thought maybe there were some available somewhere else at a much more reasonable rate than $46.
10-14-2021 08:41 AM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I know Richmond suffered a pretty bad collapse against Villanova to give that game away after a huge third quarter. The Elon box score makes it look like Richmond led in most statistical categories but turned the ball over four times (I'm counting TOD as well) and went 0-3 in the red zone. A buddy of mine that's somewhat connected at UR says there is a lot of internal turmoil. Will Richmond rally and put up a fight or will they fold?

Also of note, it doesn't sounds like Mancuso will be back for our game but you never know. English is listed as the starter still.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021 09:49 AM by JMU_Newbill.)
10-14-2021 09:49 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Dirty Richmond. Hate em. Hope the Dukes stomp em.

Hyper are you going to the game? Dirty? We can't make this one but hope there will be a sea of purple and a statement win from the good guys.
10-14-2021 10:01 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-14-2021 10:01 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Dirty Richmond. Hate em. Hope the Dukes stomp em.

Hyper are you going to the game? Dirty? We can't make this one but hope there will be a sea of purple and a statement win from the good guys.

Nope, sadly have to work. Will be in west end Richmond too. Will be watching via FLO. Missed the villanova game completely except for a halftime score check. Looking forward to game @ W&M to follow more actively.
10-14-2021 10:30 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Maybe we'll see some Scott Bracey production this week. He has only 8 catches in 5 games after having a great summer camp. And does ANYONE know what's up with Wesley McCormick? Haven't heard Coach or any media guys talk about his absence in weeks.
10-14-2021 10:43 AM
Advertisement

fishingduke12 Offline
All American

(10-14-2021 10:43 AM)olddawg Wrote:  Maybe we'll see some Scott Bracey production this week. He has only 8 catches in 5 games after having a great summer camp. And does ANYONE know what's up with Wesley McCormick? Haven't heard Coach or any media guys talk about his absence in weeks.

Going with that, has there been any official update on Black's injury? It looked bad but i havent seen anything come out about it
10-14-2021 10:51 AM
sekudog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(10-14-2021 10:51 AM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 10:43 AM)olddawg Wrote:  Maybe we'll see some Scott Bracey production this week. He has only 8 catches in 5 games after having a great summer camp. And does ANYONE know what's up with Wesley McCormick? Haven't heard Coach or any media guys talk about his absence in weeks.

Going with that, has there been any official update on Black's injury? It looked bad but i havent seen anything come out about it

I thought I heard somewhere Black is done for the season, rumor is ACL/MCL or something. But I can't find it official anywhere.
10-14-2021 10:56 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Did see something this week about Fornadel possibly returning towards the end of the season...
From the DNR on Monday:
Additionally, JMU’s offensive line has been without All-American tackle Liam Fornadel, who on Monday Cignetti said could return before the end of the season after suffering a knee injury earlier this fall. Fornadel’s absence has forced the Dukes to start three freshmen on the O-Line.
10-14-2021 11:11 AM
boozeNammo Offline
Special Teams

"Fornadel’s absence has forced the Dukes to start three freshmen on the O-Line."

JMUs issues in one concise sentence. Couple that with some critical skill position injuries, its a big hurdle to overcome. Good news is, even after the last two games, I'm seeing improvement in the O-line play. Lets hope that keeps up through the season, and if so, we'll (even more so) be a very dangerous team.
10-14-2021 12:18 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(10-14-2021 10:56 AM)sekudog Wrote:  

I thought I heard somewhere Black is done for the season, rumor is ACL/MCL or something. But I can't find it official anywhere.
Looking at him making his way to the game the other day on crutches I would assume that is correct. On the flip side, weeks ago Liam hobbled around with his leg brace on but this past game he looked quite a bit improved and was active on the sidelines.
10-14-2021 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

He's the 3rd WR option at best, so I wouldn't expect to see too many balls thrown his way. Cole targets Wells deeper and more outside and Thornton shorter and inside leaving a considerable drop off in receptions after those 2. With Wells drawing double-coverage the other should be seeing more action.

Receptions
38 Thornton
30 Wells
9 VanHorse
8 Bracey
7 Cheatham
6 Turner
5 Brown & Curry Jr.
4 Palmer
3 Agyei-Obese, Douglas, & Black
1 Hudson, Sims, Painter, & Bryant Jr.
10-14-2021 12:45 PM
RamDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU VCU
(10-14-2021 09:49 AM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  I know Richmond suffered a pretty bad collapse against Villanova to give that game away after a huge third quarter. The Elon box score makes it look like Richmond led in most statistical categories but turned the ball over four times (I'm counting TOD as well) and went 0-3 in the red zone. A buddy of mine that's somewhat connected at UR says there is a lot of internal turmoil. Will Richmond rally and put up a fight or will they fold?

Also of note, it doesn't sounds like Mancuso will be back for our game but you never know. English is listed as the starter still.

Maybe they will get a two for one deal on billboards. One for Fire Mooney and the other Fire Huesman.
10-14-2021 01:41 PM
14SemesterDuke Offline
1st String

See you all at 10AM.

U6 LOT?
10-14-2021 02:13 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-14-2021 12:29 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 10:56 AM)sekudog Wrote:  

Looking at him making his way to the game the other day on crutches I would assume that is correct. On the flip side, weeks ago Liam hobbled around with his leg brace on but this past game he looked quite a bit improved and was active on the sidelines.

MJ Hampton listed on 2 deep roster this week. Appears he has taken Sam Kidd's spot as 1st backup at Rover and at FS. Game notes list Chris Chukwuneke starting at Rover and Que Reid at free safety.
10-14-2021 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.