Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* ponders more regulations on energy producers, gas prices reach new heights
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* ponders more regulations on energy producers, gas prices reach new heights
Quote:Gas prices nationwide have skyrocketed even as the Biden administration considers new energy regulations, raising questions about the energy markets and the federal government’s role in protecting consumer costs.

In Manhattan, gas prices have hit nearly $5 per gallon, while more than 40 states are experiencing gas prices over $3 per gallon. GasBuddy reports the national average for gasoline is at $3.25 per gallon, well above the prices the same time last year.

Prices have risen nearly eight cents in the last month alone.

“Now in a single day, American drivers are paying over $400 million more for gas than they were last year,” the company said.

The Biden administration has been mulling additional oil and gas methane emissions regulations that would hit producers, and the states that rely on their tax revenue, particularly hard.

Industry insiders have laid the blame for rising energy costs at the feet of President Joe Biden, citing increased regulations.

“High gas prices are the direct result of supply and demand,” said Daniel Turner, executive director of the energy workers advocacy group, Power the Future. “The Biden administration made the supply the direct target of their assaults from the very first moments after his inauguration when he targeted the Keystone Pipeline. Since then, multiple regulations on fracking and land use, a weaponized EPA and Department of Interior, have all punished the production of fossil fuels. As a result, oil, gas, and coal, have all doubled in price.”

Among his first acts after being sworn in, Biden revoked federal permits for the Keystone Pipeline. The 1,700-mile pipeline was to span six U.S. states and carry about 800,000 barrels of oil a day from Alberta, Canada, to the Texas Gulf Coast, creating more than 10,000 U.S. jobs.

Others say COVID-19 hangups have contributed to the rise in energy costs as well.

Gas prices affect other consumer costs as well, making other goods more expensive, including food, the price of which has risen significantly this year. Transporting goods to market relies heavily on oil and gas, and when those costs rise, most goods become more expensive.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in September that the energy index rose 25% in the previous 12 months while the food index increased 3.7%.

“The high costs of fossil fuels are passed on to consumers,” Turner said. “That’s why gas is so expensive at the pump, but also durable goods, food, electricity, clothing. Expensive energy produces more expensive goods, and punishing the energy industry results in a de facto tax on America’s middle and working class who pays more just to live.”

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki defended the president’s role in the prices earlier this month, saying the White House was monitoring the situation, talking with OPEC and had taken steps to address it. She went on to say that climate change issues are more important.

“Certainly, we all want to keep gasoline prices low, but the threat of the crisis – the climate crisis – certainly can’t wait any longer,” she said.

Republicans have leveraged the heightened energy costs against Democrats. In many states, energy production jobs rank as a top campaign issue.

“Remember when Biden cancelled the Keystone pipeline on his first day?” said Ronna McDaniel, Chairwoman of the Republican National Committee. “Now Americans are paying the highest gas prices since 2014.”

Link
10-14-2021 11:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Biden* ponders more regulations on energy producers, gas prices reach new heights
Psaki: it is “unfair and absurd” for businesses to raise their prices so that consumers are the ones mitigating the effects of higher taxes.
10-15-2021 03:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Biden* ponders more regulations on energy producers, gas prices reach new heights
(10-15-2021 03:34 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Psaki: it is “unfair and absurd” for businesses to raise their prices so that consumers are the ones mitigating the effects of higher taxes.

Sounds about right. That was possibly the dumbest statement ever uttered by a Press Secretary.
10-15-2021 07:02 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
This has to be intentional.

Nobody can be this stupid... can they?
10-15-2021 07:51 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(10-15-2021 03:34 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Psaki: it is “unfair and absurd” for businesses to raise their prices so that consumers are the ones mitigating the effects of higher taxes.

Yep, common sense doesn’t live in her world. She’s about as sharp as a bowling ball.
10-15-2021 09:30 AM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I see Psaki’s statement as proof positive Liberals simply don’t understand basic business principles. That’s why their tax and spend policies always fail.
10-15-2021 09:38 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
3.19/gal now in the ‘sip … that’s ~180% self induced increase by thwarting supply from the dementia led cabal…

END AROUND DIPPO PLAYBOOK
10-15-2021 09:48 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
10-15-2021 10:34 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(10-15-2021 07:51 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  This has to be intentional.

I think it's both. What they are doing is intentional, and yes, they are that stupid.
10-15-2021 10:45 AM
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2021 09:30 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

Yep, common sense doesn’t live in her world. She’s about as sharp as a bowling ball.

She's the Minister Of Propaganda. It doesn't matter if she believes what she is saying or not, she's going to say it anyway. #KOOLAID
10-15-2021 10:49 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(10-15-2021 10:45 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(10-15-2021 07:51 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  This has to be intentional.

I think it's both. What they are doing is intentional, and yes, they are that stupid.

BINGO.

The takedown of America being energy independent was fully intentional by the Biden* Administration. The pain of winter heating costs will drive the point home big time but does anyone really think Biden* gives a $h/t? Make no mistake - he will be warm no matter how bitter the cold is in Wash DC or Delaware. So will Congress and the Senate. But the U.S. citizens?? Let those peons suffer.

Their stupidity is NOT allowing the U.S. to be energy independent and create a much more robust economy as well. The climate change doomsayers must be glorified!!

So TOLERATE IT, America. Bundle up for the long, cold winter ahead. And keep paying those massive cost increases. BILLED BACK BETTER.

But please keep in mind....NO MEAN TWEETS!!
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021 11:11 AM by boss man.)
10-15-2021 11:08 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

At least people will see the results of the policies to come from the Global Warming bullshite.
10-15-2021 11:11 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
Where are the liberals on here stating that the president has no control over the price of gas? Whenever people credited Trump for low gas prices they screamed that he had nothing to do with it, it was entirely the result of the Wuflu. When prices started going up they again repeated their mantra. Are they some sort of industry insiders that are "more in the know" than Daniel Turner or others who are putting the blame on policies from the drooling pedophile?

Industry insiders have laid the blame for rising energy costs at the feet of President Joe Biden, citing increased regulations.

“High gas prices are the direct result of supply and demand,” said Daniel Turner, executive director of the energy workers advocacy group, Power the Future. “The Biden administration made the supply the direct target of their assaults from the very first moments after his inauguration when he targeted the Keystone Pipeline. Since then, multiple regulations on fracking and land use, a weaponized EPA and Department of Interior, have all punished the production of fossil fuels. As a result, oil, gas, and coal, have all doubled in price.”
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021 11:23 AM by No2rdame.)
10-15-2021 11:22 AM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(10-15-2021 09:38 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I see Psaki’s statement as proof positive Liberals simply don’t understand basic business principles. That’s why their tax and spend policies always fail.

They understand

They just don't care

And they believe if they message things correctly the American public is too stupid to understand the truth
10-15-2021 11:26 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
(10-15-2021 11:26 AM)solohawks Wrote:  They understand

They just don't care

And they believe if they message things correctly the American public is too stupid to understand the truth

By and large this is sadly true. Look how easy it was to get people to submit to fear.
10-15-2021 11:30 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(10-15-2021 11:30 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  
(10-15-2021 11:26 AM)solohawks Wrote:  They understand

They just don't care

By and large this is sadly true. Look how easy it was to get people to submit to fear.

Yes

That is why they always blame the messaging when something doesn't work
10-15-2021 11:37 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(10-15-2021 11:22 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  Where are the liberals on here stating that the president has no control over the price of gas? Whenever people credited Trump for low gas prices they screamed that he had nothing to do with it, it was entirely the result of the Wuflu. When prices started going up they again repeated their mantra. Are they some sort of industry insiders that are "more in the know" than Daniel Turner or others who are putting the blame on policies from the drooling pedophile?

they’ll use fancy terminology like ‘leveling agent’ to justify the lithium they should’ve been prescribed long ago…

welcome to h-e-double hockey sticks, bubbies….
10-15-2021 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.